• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,386 posts in this topic

Pretty excited to get this book. I've been looking for one for 3-4 years and only came across a couple low grade books that I passed on. Nice grade Torchy books aren't exactly easy to find, IMO. Anyway, I've always loved this cover. It makes me laugh every time I see it.

That issue is hard enough to find in 2.0 grade, let alone one as nice as yours. Best cover of the run, in my opinion. #5 takes 2nd place.

Best cover of the run for sure. I like all the rest the same except #6, I don't particularly care for it at all for some reason.

To all, thanks for the nice comments. :foryou:

got a cheap little raboy last nite.

master39.jpg

Wouldn't that torpedo blast the "slaves" also ?? They are probably all chained to their oars

I like these 53-54 comics from DC. :applause:

The Superboy obsession continues...

adv192cgc.jpg

Scanning is a magical tool that can really change the appearance of a book. First, the scan from Heritage.

Sheena9.jpg

Now my scan which matches the book in hand.

Sheena09FC.jpg

I still like the book but whoever did the original scan had to know that their settings were creating an image that was not even remotely indicative of the book.

Me, too. Just annoyed at the degree of color distortion coming out of a Heritage auction.

I would be very disappointed with Heritage. I actually prefer the turquoise color of the scan, which FH did sometimes use and I did not, therefore, expect this book to turn out so different. I would not have anticipated them to be this far off in the scans so it's definitely helpful to see this example. (thumbs u

Heritage has been lightening scans for years. I'm not surprised at the difference between "ad" and "reality."

Yes, I've got a couple of Heritage books that are much less bright in hand.