• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

On 4/12/2023 at 9:05 AM, Robot Man said:

I also have one with Leroy’s signature. Got it years ago from Ritter at SDCC. My first Cookville. Steve mentioned at the time how rare it was to find one with a full signature.

Yeah, I haven’t seen many Cookville crime books. I got this CDNP at a con out of a box with no pedigree notation. It didn’t occur to me at the time because I was buying it for the more obvious reason. Later it sunk in how somebody obviously tried to erase the SN and his initials. 

B5C26250-CE1D-4E82-A6D5-BEB12E6FAB26.jpeg

443AC795-2EAD-49DE-B441-6452056F6C2D.jpeg

9B796F19-59E1-49D4-9D07-4CF2EB13ECD9.jpeg

74B51265-56BB-41A1-BBA4-012794356D49.jpeg

It IS rare to find a copy with his full signature. I know I've seen one before, but that might've been the only time. Well done RM!!!  (thumbsu

On 4/25/2023 at 11:52 AM, Frisco Larson said:

some weird paper loss

I've seen some insect nibbles that appear like this.  Maybe Silverfish?  They like the ink but not the underlying paper.  Sometimes it looks pretty neat when they eat only a certain color and stay within the lines!  (:

On 4/26/2023 at 12:57 PM, Yorick said:

I've seen some insect nibbles that appear like this.  Maybe Silverfish?  They like the ink but not the underlying paper.  Sometimes it looks pretty neat when they eat only a certain color and stay within the lines!  (:

This is more like it just rubbed away, but I DO understand what you mean though and have owned something with the most extreme example of it I've personally ever seen. Below is a picture of a Count Chocula cereal box that I used to own (it's actually the very first EVER Count Chocula box and one of only two known to still exist)!!! See the way the white colored paper is nibbled away but the colored paper is left behind in what seems to be a very intentional manner? Pretty crazy!!!

Count 1st box front.jpg

On 4/26/2023 at 2:04 PM, Frisco Larson said:

This is more like it just rubbed away, but I DO understand what you mean though and have owned something with the most extreme example of it I've personally ever seen. Below is a picture of a Count Chocula cereal box that I used to own (it's actually the very first EVER Count Chocula box and one of only two known to still exist)!!! See the way the white colored paper is nibbled away but the colored paper is left behind in what seems to be a very intentional manner? Pretty crazy!!!

Count 1st box front.jpg

They don’t make it anymore?