• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

On 4/28/2024 at 8:54 AM, Waylander said:

Most of them are Bowens, and still statues and busts. What what they are they are still great value for money
There are more I need to get but theses have been in storage for around 10 years so out of sight out of mind. Now back on display, I can now look at getting the ones I am missing.

image.thumb.jpeg.2885e6c5e293202d143a0e0b28573773.jpeg timage.thumb.jpeg.01a0b327d69577020cc1b37e189f1243.jpeg

^^

On 4/28/2024 at 5:37 PM, piper said:

@Waylander how did the carpet turnout?

The carpet was not as dark as I thought it would be, but it does match the wall colour (and the two tones adds character). 

The comic boxes and other containers to the left are books that need to be sorted into the filing cabinets. 

Finally the chair will be changed for a grey one that rotates and reclines. 

IMG_1623.jpg

Hey guys, I've got at temporary office setup....we bought a place where the owner was in a wheelchair, and although this built-in desk is perfect for scanning/sorting comics, it takes up too much room!  I have a much bigger comic room in the basement that at some point will be fully finished and be a real man cave!  In the meantime, I've started putting a few comics on display using the built-in shelves.  Are these incadescents damaging to the books?  I can replace them with a soft light.....I keep the blind closed, but at some point I'll replace it with a blackout curtain...

IMG_2738.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

On 5/14/2024 at 4:29 PM, jdraheim said:

After 20 years I finally have my entire comic collection under one roof! (no more storage unit!). My wife and I recently moved into a new house and I took over the 3rd floor bonus room.  I had a contractor install some cabinets and special narrow shelving.  I have enough wall space to display over 250 comics, plus plenty of shelving for graphic novels, assorted books, statues and figures.   My new comic room also has an adjacent storeroom where I keep the bulk of my collection (about 14,000 comics in 130+ short boxes).  

Wide.01 copy.jpg

Wide.02 copy.jpg

Wide.03 copy.jpg

Wall.01 copy.jpg

Wall.02 copy.jpg

Wall.03 copy.jpg

Wall.04 copy.jpg

Wall.05 copy.jpg

ShelfProfile.01 copy.jpg

ShelfProfile.02 copy.jpg

StoreRoom.01 copy 2.jpg

StoreRoom.02 copy 2.jpg

Jiminy crickets, all that on a shelf, AND 130 shorts!  :x

I'm thinking the house is the main thing, congratulations on all of the above! ^^

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2024 at 3:29 PM, jdraheim said:

After 20 years I finally have my entire comic collection under one roof! (no more storage unit!). My wife and I recently moved into a new house and I took over the 3rd floor bonus room.  I had a contractor install some cabinets and special narrow shelving.  I have enough wall space to display over 250 comics, plus plenty of shelving for graphic novels, assorted books, statues and figures.   My new comic room also has an adjacent storeroom where I keep the bulk of my collection (about 14,000 comics in 130+ short boxes).  

Wide.01 copy.jpg

Wide.02 copy.jpg

Wide.03 copy.jpg

Wall.01 copy.jpg

Wall.02 copy.jpg

Wall.03 copy.jpg

Wall.04 copy.jpg

Wall.05 copy.jpg

ShelfProfile.01 copy.jpg

ShelfProfile.02 copy.jpg

StoreRoom.01 copy 2.jpg

StoreRoom.02 copy 2.jpg

Dang.

:golfclap:

Love too how many raw books are showcased.

3rd floor? Dang my back hurts thinking about that haul.

Edited by grendelbo

On 5/14/2024 at 5:29 PM, jdraheim said:

Wide.01 copy.jpg

Wide.02 copy.jpg

Wide.03 copy.jpg

Wall.01 copy.jpg

Wall.02 copy.jpg

Wall.03 copy.jpg

Wall.04 copy.jpg

Wall.05 copy.jpg

ShelfProfile.01 copy.jpg

ShelfProfile.02 copy.jpg

StoreRoom.01 copy 2.jpg

StoreRoom.02 copy 2.jpg

This is fantastic.:banana:

On 5/14/2024 at 4:29 PM, jdraheim said:

Wide.01 copy.jpg

Wide.02 copy.jpg

Wide.03 copy.jpg

Wall.01 copy.jpg

Wall.02 copy.jpg

Wall.03 copy.jpg

Wall.04 copy.jpg

Wall.05 copy.jpg

ShelfProfile.01 copy.jpg

ShelfProfile.02 copy.jpg

StoreRoom.01 copy 2.jpg

StoreRoom.02 copy 2.jpg

NICE (worship) digging the POA stuff I see also (thumbsu

On 5/14/2024 at 3:29 PM, jdraheim said:

Wide.01 copy.jpg

Wide.02 copy.jpg

Wide.03 copy.jpg

Wall.01 copy.jpg

Wall.02 copy.jpg

Wall.03 copy.jpg

Wall.04 copy.jpg

Wall.05 copy.jpg

ShelfProfile.01 copy.jpg

ShelfProfile.02 copy.jpg

StoreRoom.01 copy 2.jpg

StoreRoom.02 copy 2.jpg

Lovely setup

Wide.01 copy.jpg

Wide.02 copy.jpg

Wide.03 copy.jpg

Wall.01 copy.jpg

Wall.02 copy.jpg

Wall.03 copy.jpg

Wall.04 copy.jpg

Wall.05 copy.jpg

ShelfProfile.01 copy.jpg

ShelfProfile.02 copy.jpg

StoreRoom.01 copy 2.jpg

StoreRoom.02 copy 2.jpg

Amazing setup, and so organized and neat!  I'm sure you can fit many more shorts in the comic box room, you have the little hobbit door off of the bedroom/office!  lol  Are you concerning about the weight of those boxes on your floor?

On 5/15/2024 at 5:29 AM, jdraheim said:

Wide.01 copy.jpg

Wide.02 copy.jpg

Wide.03 copy.jpg

Wall.01 copy.jpg

Wall.02 copy.jpg

Wall.03 copy.jpg

Wall.04 copy.jpg

Wall.05 copy.jpg

ShelfProfile.01 copy.jpg

ShelfProfile.02 copy.jpg

StoreRoom.01 copy 2.jpg

StoreRoom.02 copy 2.jpg

yes-indiana.gif.ac9a354b9016e857343a59cea82d5b39.gif

So...what's the exit plan in case when an  AVENGERS-level threat happens?

On 4/28/2024 at 4:36 PM, spreads said:

Hey guys, I've got at temporary office setup....we bought a place where the owner was in a wheelchair, and although this built-in desk is perfect for scanning/sorting comics, it takes up too much room!  I have a much bigger comic room in the basement that at some point will be fully finished and be a real man cave!  In the meantime, I've started putting a few comics on display using the built-in shelves.  Are these incadescents damaging to the books?  I can replace them with a soft light.....I keep the blind closed, but at some point I'll replace it with a blackout curtain...

IMG_2738.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

Incandescents of any kind are no bueno for comics. 

LEDs may be the best bet, but even then, as long as they are not left on regularly.

Old newsprint and ink like DARKNESS

Wide.01 copy.jpg

Wide.02 copy.jpg

Wide.03 copy.jpg

Wall.01 copy.jpg

Wall.02 copy.jpg

Wall.03 copy.jpg

Wall.04 copy.jpg

Wall.05 copy.jpg

ShelfProfile.01 copy.jpg

ShelfProfile.02 copy.jpg

StoreRoom.01 copy 2.jpg

StoreRoom.02 copy 2.jpg

This is absolutely fantastic. 

On 5/15/2024 at 1:36 PM, jcjames said:

Incandescents of any kind are no bueno for comics. 

LEDs may be the best bet, but even then, as long as they are not left on regularly.

Old newsprint and ink like DARKNESS

I have LEDs in here now...don't have blackout curtains setup yet, but the blinds are closed and no sunlight is in that direction.  

On 5/21/2024 at 3:49 PM, batman_fan said:

Everyone is posting pictures of building their comic room and the completed masterpiece.  I am going to post deconstructing a comic room as I prepare to downsize my collection drastically.

This is my actually comic room

IMG_6405.thumb.jpg.82cf7cf81f0f3b909fcc5ccb98c06f08.jpg

This is the overflow into the unused family room used for sorting and holding stuff

IMG_6408.thumb.jpg.460c46a46c5690c15b60d8b19e3e7fff.jpg

I wouldn't want those scary green things staring me down while I was doing incline bench presses.