• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

Not the best of pictures, just a quick snap of my comic room so far... I've done more since. It's not an entire room designated to my comics, but in my new/first home, I was able to split my studio room in half and have some stuff on display. Here is the start, haven't started to display any of my framed original art yet though.

securedownload_zps591ace1b.jpeg

People here know that I mainly collect rare signature books, or just signatures from people that I admire. Most of these books are signed by those people, i.e. Jeff Bridges, Mike Ploog, Sylvester Stallone, Alan Moore, Hugh Jackman, John Wagner, Mignola, Matt Groening, Stan Lee, Kev Hopgood, John Carpenter, etc. I have so many more books that I wish I could display, but I have since this photo added more shelfs with more comics :)

I did put a few art pieces up in my living room, Iron Man by Keron Grant, Hellboy by Duncan Fegredo and Bucky O'Hare by Michael Golden.

securedownload_zps005e138e.jpeg

It's really fun to finally be able to start to display my stuff, I've hated them being kept in boxes for such a long time.

Looks great Lloyd!

Not the best of pictures, just a quick snap of my comic room so far... I've done more since. It's not an entire room designated to my comics, but in my new/first home, I was able to split my studio room in half and have some stuff on display. Here is the start, haven't started to display any of my framed original art yet though.

People here know that I mainly collect rare signature books, or just signatures from people that I admire. Most of these books are signed by those people, i.e. Jeff Bridges, Mike Ploog, Sylvester Stallone, Alan Moore, Hugh Jackman, John Wagner, Mignola, Matt Groening, Stan Lee, Kev Hopgood, John Carpenter, etc. I have so many more books that I wish I could display, but I have since this photo added more shelfs with more comics :)

I did put a few art pieces up in my living room, Iron Man by Keron Grant, Hellboy by Duncan Fegredo and Bucky O'Hare by Michael Golden.

It's really fun to finally be able to start to display my stuff, I've hated them being kept in boxes for such a long time.

:applause::golfclap::applause::golfclap::applause::golfclap::applause::golfclap:

:applause::golfclap::applause::golfclap::applause::golfclap::applause::golfclap:

Looks great Lloyd!

I have to agree - very nice set up :applause:

lol

I have that to go up on my next shelf :) I love that O'Barr sketch cover. I saw James on the weekend... I didn't get a sketch from him or set anything up with CGC though or I would have offered to pick something up for you.

I did get my Bucky O'Hare sketch from Michael Golden though :banana:

yF3bBM63_1205140534211.jpg

Edited by LloydJBailey

Nice set up Lloyd, I am a collector of yellow label slabs myself and always admire your books when you show them.

Great display there (worship)(worship)(worship)

I wish I could get something similar for mine, they are as yours were, crammed in boxes :( Maybe one day

Edited by Kevin.J

My wife and I bought a brand new house and moved in at the end of March. I'm slowly setting up my Comic Book Room.

I unpacked my figures and decorations. Still need to hang pictures and paint (ugh). I plan on doing a 3x3 display using my FrameItAgainSam frames on one of the walls. I will probably change out that TV for something bigger.

All in all a good start.

Wide shot

AC9F6F50-C957-4BEB-A5B3-2AA8F41FCC0B_zpsdbo5iory.jpg

Close-ups of each section:

1EF60A41-1CBC-421C-A452-E3F5EB5EF544_zps5uy3o48q.jpg

49AAB887-D69F-460C-9132-EE49B9C234E4_zpsr16ivxal.jpg

985CC13F-07DD-4730-8334-221E7EB9953F_zpsmconqllq.jpg

Pic of my desk:

F7F91AF0-D60E-422E-9824-A745E35DC038_zpsxgpzjbl6.jpg

I bought a new scanner so I am rescanning my slabs. Have them laid out on the table and on the sofa

My wife and I bought a brand new house and moved in at the end of March. I'm slowly setting up my Comic Book Room.

I unpacked my figures and decorations. Still need to hang pictures and paint (ugh). I plan on doing a 3x3 display using my FrameItAgainSam frames on one of the walls. I will probably change out that TV for something bigger.

All in all a good start.

Wide shot

Pic of my desk:

I bought a new scanner so I am rescanning my slabs. Have them laid out on the table and on the sofa

:applause:

Someday ;)

All in all a good start.

Wide shot

Pic of my desk:

:applause:

Someday ;)

Very nice (thumbs u

That is a great looking space and start, but surprised you would move all that in before painting. Be sure to post the updated results!

yeah I know about the painting. The big thing is that with this being a new house the builder will come through after a year and fix settlement issues. The catch is that they will only repaint if it is the original paint. After a year I think we will go through and put some different paint up on the walls all over the house.

That is a great looking space and start, but surprised you would move all that in before painting. Be sure to post the updated results!

yeah I know about the painting. The big thing is that with this being a new house the builder will come through after a year and fix settlement issues. The catch is that they will only repaint if it is the original paint. After a year I think we will go through and put some different paint up on the walls all over the house.

Love the Star Wars Legos in the pics!! I have those 2 ships as well! Awesome pieces, and great start to the room!