• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
6 6

1,525 posts in this topic

Guy changed the Ebay listing to a No Reserve Auction now. Hopefully I can win. Do you know of anybody selling a GL # 1?

I will have one for sale soon once it comes back from CGC. (thumbs u

Still pretty new to the board having been inspired by the recent movie to dig out my complete Silver Age Green Lantern collection that I amassed some 30 years ago when I was a young teenager (late 70s to early 80s). Posted my scan of my copy of Showcase #22 to the SC22 thread already, but here are some more scanned GL goodies to share/show off a bit :grin: .

Here is a scan of my Showcase #23, #24, and GL #1.

showcase23.jpg

Showcase24.jpg

GreenLantern1.jpg

SC23 is in very nice shape...probably a bit nicer than the scan reveals as the book has a very solid feel to it. SC24 is also pretty nice, but the bottom staple is detached unfortunately...I suppose a professional could fix that someday.

GL#1 is also in pretty decent shape.

I've been out of the collecting loop for a bit so I really don't know how grading works anymore, but here they are for others to possibly LMK when they think. I'm not looking to sell as it took me quite a bit of proverbial "sweat" as a young'un who had to earn all of the needed fundage to get these books back when I did so I'm still very much a proud owner (also have a complete set of Justice League SA books). Prices back then would be cheap today, but let me tell you it was no easy matter for me at the time to come up with the $30 that SC #24 cost me (that's the price still marked on the bag I keep it in), or the other similar amounts I had to scrape up for the other books. ;)

Someday, these will go to my son :) .

Great covers all!

Cheers,

Jon

Very nice books there Jon. :applause: Tell me about...my SC22 5.0 ow was hard earn money and I had to bid against someone who was 20 years older then me I in the late 80's.

showcase23.jpg

SC23 is in very nice shape...probably a bit nicer than the scan reveals as the book has a very solid feel to it.

Someday, these will go to my son.

You've convinced me to open myself to offers of adoption.

(thumbs u

Guy changed the Ebay listing to a No Reserve Auction now. Hopefully I can win. Do you know of anybody selling a GL # 1?

Another GL7 or GL1...what grade. hm

GL #1 (thumbs u

Another GL7 or GL1...what grade. hm

GL #1 (thumbs u

Nice. (thumbs u

Is anyone bidding on the Twin Cities GL run that is ending on Heritage tonight? That copy of #7 looks a bit soft to me for an 8.0, but it is a nice looking set of books overall.

Wow! 9.6s! Those are sharp!

(thumbs u

Here are the scans of my multiple Green Lantern books:

11-08-2011105343PM.jpg

11-08-2011105348PM.jpg

11-08-2011105356PM.jpg

11-08-2011105405PM.jpg

Oakland copy

11-08-2011105409PM.jpg

16-08-201173508PM.jpg

:cool:

These are phenomenal!