• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,200 posts in this topic

On 4/3/2024 at 2:15 PM, Darwination said:

Nice catch, PH, I'm ready to call it a definite swipe/inspiration (not a mere trace or anything).  I like the Thrills and Chills worked into the northern lights back there, too.

I've got a couple of these polar bear/aurora borealis covers

AmericanBoy(1932-03)cover.thumb.jpg.c8c7735bbdc59fc8b110d53affbea911.jpg

P.S. Happy to see some Argosy around here, I feel like Argosy/All-Story and similar titles don't get much representation on the boards, maybe because the covers don't tend to be very sensational in nature (there are some in that category, though).

Very nice Charles Vess-like polar bear, wonderfully rendered....  above a hungry flock of gulls trying to pick at the most beautiful dead seal you ever saw.  The artist's sig looks like it was signed by 3 people.  Seriously, cool cover though!  

On 4/3/2024 at 11:15 AM, Darwination said:

Nice catch, PH, I'm ready to call it a definite swipe/inspiration (not a mere trace or anything).  I like the Thrills and Chills worked into the northern lights back there, too.

I've got a couple of these polar bear/aurora borealis covers

Hunter-Trader-Trapperv62n01(1931-01)coverEdwinBolenbaugh(DarwinUnedit).thumb.jpg.85c06e278e078317bb9c268a0efd0b96.jpg

AmericanBoy(1932-03)cover.thumb.jpg.c8c7735bbdc59fc8b110d53affbea911.jpg

P.S. Happy to see some Argosy around here, I feel like Argosy/All-Story and similar titles don't get much representation on the boards, maybe because the covers don't tend to be very sensational in nature (there are some in that category, though).

Argosy_1922_03_11.thumb.jpg.8b91757a9df6cba41b3be8cf75899f14.jpg

I can try to find what box this one is in and rescan it if you were interested in working on it, Darwin.

On 4/9/2024 at 11:57 AM, Darwination said:

Kinda surprised at the booty detail going on in the second one :x

Yes ... I've seen those kind of buttocks before. They're the kind of buttocks that can launch a thousand ships. :cloud9: GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12