• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,115 posts in this topic

On 3/26/2024 at 12:44 PM, waaaghboss said:

Is that the one in a house?  Been calling for a few days trying to get an appointment 😆  

Still remember my first time seeing a deseret book store and getting really excited until the guys I was traveling with explained to me it wasn't a cook book store 🙃 

Yeah, the one in the house. King's Komix Kastle.

On 3/26/2024 at 11:50 AM, detective35 said:

Recent Additions

Popular Detective (Strasser copy)

IMG_6334.jpeg

Popular Detective (Strasser Copy)

IMG_6333.jpeg

IMG_6332.jpeg

IMG_6331.jpeg

IMG_6402.jpeg

IMG_5952.jpeg

IMG_5924.jpeg

Strasser Copy!

IMG_6114.jpeg

Strasser Copy!

IMG_6117.jpeg

IMG_6028.jpeg

IMG_6122.jpeg

You're shopping at different stores than me. I can't find anywhere that is selling that type of stuff. Even on the inter web!

On 3/29/2024 at 5:46 PM, johnenock said:

Another Amazing in from Jimbo:

Amazing Stories Feb 41.jpeg

That was the first Pulp I ever bought ... I thought it was the bee's knees :cloud9: GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I'm AMAZED at how affordable Jungle Stories has been (considering it's GGA plus bondage plus George Gross plus Fiction House).  There was a while there where some of my pals were hard after it.

There's plenty of overpaints and the like but also some really great compositions in there, too.  Not to mention, I like strong women like Sheba here :x

On 4/2/2024 at 4:30 PM, Surfing Alien said:

A recent pickup. I can still find a nice Jungle with GGA here and there for less than 4 figures lol

20240402_142741.thumb.jpg.b935f26796a1581ed34fcb737d646b86.jpg

Indeed. In this cover driven hobby it is nice to be able to still find nice FH pulps for a fraction of comic prices. Even Planet Stories. I even like much of their Western titles.

I have always been primarily a comic collector. But, I have always bought cool pulps when I ran into them. Just not my major focus.

In collecting comics, I often feel like I’ve seen them all. Not much left to discover. But when I come here, I find so many pulps I’ve never seen before. This has really revitalized my collecting. A new discovery every day. 

On 4/3/2024 at 12:36 PM, pmpknface said:

Great stuff!  That polar bear cover reminded me of another (I have one, this is MCS):

1066463.jpg

Nice catch, PH, I'm ready to call it a definite swipe/inspiration (not a mere trace or anything).  I like the Thrills and Chills worked into the northern lights back there, too.

I've got a couple of these polar bear/aurora borealis covers

Hunter-Trader-Trapperv62n01(1931-01)coverEdwinBolenbaugh(DarwinUnedit).thumb.jpg.85c06e278e078317bb9c268a0efd0b96.jpg

AmericanBoy(1932-03)cover.thumb.jpg.c8c7735bbdc59fc8b110d53affbea911.jpg

P.S. Happy to see some Argosy around here, I feel like Argosy/All-Story and similar titles don't get much representation on the boards, maybe because the covers don't tend to be very sensational in nature (there are some in that category, though).