• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,154 posts in this topic

On 12/21/2023 at 1:38 PM, OtherEric said:

And this completes my collection of Graham Ingels pulp covers.  It also begins my collection of Graham Ingels pulp covers, it's his only one:

Planet Stories 1944 03.jpg

I believe I have seen some of his interior work but can’t recall any specificaly. This is the only cover I know of.

Today's books.  It would not surprise me if I've got a copy of the May 1951 Planet somewhere in a box already, but I couldn't locate it if I do.  It wasn't too pricey , in any case.

I do enjoy the West issues with Zorro stories, they're frequently cheap when I find them but trying to narrow the search enough to locate them can be a trick.

West 1951 01.jpg

Planet Stories 1949 03.jpg

Planet Stories 1951 05.jpg

On 12/29/2023 at 3:02 PM, OtherEric said:

Today's books.  It would not surprise me if I've got a copy of the May 1951 Planet somewhere in a box already, but I couldn't locate it if I do.  It wasn't too pricey , in any case.

I do enjoy the West issues with Zorro stories, they're frequently cheap when I find them but trying to narrow the search enough to locate them can be a trick.

West 1951 01.jpg

Planet Stories 1949 03.jpg

Planet Stories 1951 05.jpg

I wish planet comics were this affordable  😄  Do you think surviving copies of the comics are more or less numerous than the pulps?

On 12/30/2023 at 2:13 PM, waaaghboss said:

I wish planet comics were this affordable  😄  Do you think surviving copies of the comics are more or less numerous than the pulps?

Well, I've got 49 issues of Planet Stories... and zero issues of Planet Comics.  I suspect the comics are much scarcer, a lot of Science Fiction fans were keeping the pulps by the 40's.  This is Planet Stories specific, and doesn't apply directly to say, Fight Stories and Fight Comics or Jungle Stories and Jungle Comics.

This year's Windy City Pulp and Paper Convention (April 5-7, 2024 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL) is now three months away! As usual, we'll have some great auctions Friday and Saturday nights. Here's one of several early Doc Savage pulps (the second issue) that will be in the Saturday night auction session.

Doc Savage 1933 04.jpg

On 1/10/2024 at 4:19 PM, johnenock said:

From dipping my toes to jumping in off the high dive:

Startling Stories July.jpeg

Sort of a surreal Bergey here.  Nice batch!  The Cult of the Witch Queen ish is my fave.

On 1/10/2024 at 8:22 PM, Darwination said:

Sort of a surreal Bergey here.  Nice batch!  The Cult of the Witch Queen ish is my fave.

I am having a lot of fun researching these. Been in comics and books for so long it's nice to travel down the rabbit hole with Pulps and paperbacks. I have to be careful though, the prices are so cheap compared to comics, I find myself dropping a hundred dollars here and another hundred there every week.

The March Amazing is my favorite of this batch.

On 1/12/2024 at 6:29 PM, johnenock said:

The March Amazing is my favorite of this batch.

Amazing Stories are one of the best values in Pulpdom. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12