• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

I was actually thinking, Why don't people fake them and try to cash in on the fakes?

hell they do it with everything else.

Are you asking why don't more people commit fraud on signed books?

His reply was to brendan's comment a while back about photocopied WD pages I think.

A signature is a personal expression. It is not merely the letters that make up someone's name. Whether they are scribbles or beautiful works of art (like Steranko's) they are the visible manifestation of they way in which that person identifies who they are. They are as unique as snowflakes, and beautiful or ugly, they are awesome.

Try telling that to your HS English teacher, and see how that would have played out. :foryou:

The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master. (scribble line + swoosh + hash tag to the face!)

One of the guys on Roamers and Lurkers brought up an interesting point from the Rise of the Governor novel. If you read the book, it has a lot of allusions to events in the series - is it possible the Saviors were in RotG? Here's a longer chapter section the original poster referred to:

“What happened in Druid Hills?” he asks after a moment of silence.

April lets out a sigh. “Folks told us there was a refugee center up there. There wasn’t.”

Philip looks at her. “And?”

April shrugs. “We got there and found a whole bunch of people hiding out behind the gates of this big scrap-metal place. People just like us. Scared, confused. We tried to talk some of them into leaving with us. Strength in numbers, all that gung-ho mess.”

“So, what happened?”

“I guess they were too scared to leave and too scared to stay.” April looks down, her face reflecting the candlelight. “Tara and Dad and I found a car that would run, and we gathered up some supplies and took off. But we heard the motorcycles coming when we were pulling away.”

“Motorcycles?”

She nods, rubs her eyes. “We got about a quarter of a mile down the road—maybe not even that far—and we round this hill and all of a sudden we hear, way in the distance behind us, these screams. And we look back across the valley, where this dusty old salvage yard is, and it’s like … I don’t know. Road Warrior or something.”

“It’s what?”

“This motorcycle gang is tearing the place apart, running people down, entire families, God knows what else. It was pretty damn ugly. And the weird thing is, it wasn’t the near-miss that got to us. It wasn’t the bullet we dodged. I think it was the guilt. We all wanted to go back and help, and be good upstanding citizens and all that, but we didn’t.” She looks at him. “Because we ain’t good upstanding citizens; there ain’t any of those left.”

It might be a stretch - Druid Hills is just outside of Atlanta, but they could have made the trek north.

Edited by pkveronese

Finally have almost all of the OA I picked up in hand and wanted to share. The 3 page sequence from Walking Dead #33 is awesome and I can't believe I was able to acquire them - including the page where Michonne gets away with it (and kills a zombie for good measure).

WD13p15.jpg

WD88cover.jpg

WD33p3-1.jpg

WD33p4-1.jpg

WD33p5-1.jpg

WD33p19.jpg

Please feel free to contact me and sell me more pages!

One more today and hopefully two more later this week...

WD39p14.jpg

Can anyone enlighten me as to why dude on eBay is selling #61 9.8 SS for a mere $200,000.00?!? That's kinda low isn't it? I would buy it but I'd feel too guilty for ripping him off.

I messaged him inquiring if it came with a bar of gold and his response:

"Yes it is too much. Lowest I'm going is 300. If you want to put a "best offer" in you're more than welcome to."

Psh, and take away business from mah peeps here on the boards, I dont think so!

Auction in question eBay

Is a single bar of gold even worth that much...? I honestly don't know.

A gold bar is 27.4 lbs...400 troy ounces.

At today's value it's worth more than $650,000.

You could get 3 of those #61's in that grade and have enough left over to get a very nice minivan with leather, dvd, and navi. That's out the door including undercoating. (thumbs u