• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

Is a single bar of gold even worth that much...? I honestly don't know.

A gold bar is 27.4 lbs...400 troy ounces.

At today's value it's worth more than $650,000.

You could get 3 of those #61's in that grade and have enough left over to get a very nice minivan with leather, dvd, and navi. That's out the door including undercoating. (thumbs u

lol

Is a single bar of gold even worth that much...? I honestly don't know.

A gold bar is 27.4 lbs...400 troy ounces.

At today's value it's worth more than $650,000.

You could get 3 of those #61's in that grade and have enough left over to get a very nice minivan with leather, dvd, and navi. That's out the door including undercoating. (thumbs u

lol Hilarious. I guess if his tactic was obtaining views it's working, pretty strange though.

Okay just wondering...why is issue #93 so hot? I see someone on the boards has it priced at $20...what am I missing?

Jim

There are several factors, the TOT preview as mentioned, WD books are still hot (maybe not scorching hot but hot), and WD books have had a pattern for a while. It goes like this, floppy issue are released, at some point a TBP and later a hardcover are released. The TPB's generally (if not all) contain six issues. The floppy issues that came after the last trade generally sell at a premium until the next trade is releases. Currently, the TPB's are caught up through issue 90. Therefore, issues 91-current are selling at a premium (compare to issues 85-90). The next TBD collecting issues 91-96 is due out in June. I expect prices on 91-96 will drop off at that time like they have consistently in the past. I expect issues 97-102 will follow the same pattern. As long as more people become fans and want to get caught up on the stories, this trend should continue irrespective of the speculation on the book. So, the moral of the story is, if you have stockpiles of 91-96 you may want to sell them before next trade is released in June, UNLESS, there is a key event or new key character introduced (hint perhaps #92).

Okay just wondering...why is issue #93 so hot? I see someone on the boards has it priced at $20...what am I missing?

Jim

There are several factors, the TOT preview as mentioned, WD books are still hot (maybe not scorching hot but hot), and WD books have had a pattern for a while. It goes like this, floppy issue are released, at some point a TBP and later a hardcover are released. The TPB's generally (if not all) contain six issues. The floppy issues that came after the last trade generally sell at a premium until the next trade is releases. Currently, the TPB's are caught up through issue 90. Therefore, issues 91-current are selling at a premium (compare to issues 85-90). The next TBD collecting issues 91-96 is due out in June. I expect prices on 91-96 will drop off at that time like they have consistently in the past. I expect issues 97-102 will follow the same pattern. As long as more people become fans and want to get caught up on the stories, this trend should continue irrespective of the speculation on the book. So, the moral of the story is, if you have stockpiles of 91-96 you may want to sell them before next trade is released in June, UNLESS, there is a key event or new key character introduced (hint perhaps #92).

Also, for a while issue 49 was selling for a premium for a while. Some speculated that it had a low print run. Prices have since leveled off. I believe that the premium was because it was the first issue after the compendium. This may not be the reason however, because the TPB collecting 49-54 came out about a year before the compendium, so 49 was available in this format already. Anyway, will the same pattern hold true for issue 97? (issue #95 letters page announces the compendium #2 to be released this fall) I think the wildcard here is the increased print runs for the issues leading up to 100. This could change the whole pattern.

Edited by mldynes

WD Video game is :cloud9:

AWESOME! Is it Arkham City good or what? Remember you're speaking to a fellow WD nut (who prefers Walking Dead to Batman, but its a favorite second best thing on my personal preference list). Thanks for the info!