• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,509 posts in this topic

Now I have to go find my copy...

As to PL #17 and Jo-Jo #25, considering these are questioned Baker covers (and some would argue definitively not), they still continue to bring in big money. 

Is that due to limited buyer knowledge, iconic imagery regardless of artist, other?

On 8/20/2023 at 5:26 PM, BitterOldMan said:

Here is my copy bought at NYCC.  I was going through the boxes of a dealer off on the side.  I told him that the cover was drawn by Matt Baker.  The dealer replied “Who is Matt Baker?”  🤢

IMG_2645.thumb.jpeg.de8b73e33dd13567b39c733b81edd15a.jpeg

Did you point out his signature on the cover?

On 8/20/2023 at 2:26 PM, BitterOldMan said:

Here is my copy bought at NYCC.  I was going through the boxes of a dealer off on the side.  I told him that the cover was drawn by Matt Baker.  The dealer replied “Who is Matt Baker?”  🤢

IMG_2645.thumb.jpeg.de8b73e33dd13567b39c733b81edd15a.jpeg

That reminds me of a similar yet very different reaction I got from a dealer at a show a few years ago.  I pulled out a couple of the Baker Lassie issues, he asked why I was interested in them since he knew me well enough to know they weren't my typical pickup.  I told him, he looked and said "These are Matt Baker?"  He then flipped them over, saw the back covers, and said "These are Matt Baker!!"Lassie_22_b.thumb.jpg.709a163548f8735ef2771cd1828f1bdd.jpgLassie_20b.thumb.jpg.8e90d46a1e7a8e2be94c25fdeaeb6d5c.jpg

On 8/17/2023 at 11:10 PM, PassDaMike said:

One of my claims

Welcome to the Boards, by the way.  NICE FIRST POSTING!!!  That's one of my favorite covers you began with!  Hope to see some more cool GGA books (and the horror stuff is good too).

Edited by Yorick
I guess you've been here for a while. oops