• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just got royally screwed by Silver Acre Comics!

226 posts in this topic

Just reading my own post and thinking that I never make negative comments about anyone on these boards. I hate any kind of ganging up, whether deserved or not. I suppose what it boils down to is this. If any of us are wronged and the situation is not resolved, when we hear of a similar happening we get the urge to disclose our own similar experiences and grievances that have perhaps been bottled up for years, as a way of gettting them out of our system. Almost like a bit of group therapy!

Pizz off!

:baiting:

(tsk)

I'm thinking of something nasty to say to you in British!

:frustrated:

Depending on where the person is from, "I hear you're a United supporter" should do the trick.

Football insults don't work on me. :banana:

Your Avengers collection is daft, wanker.

:o:cry:

Just reading my own post and thinking that I never make negative comments about anyone on these boards. I hate any kind of ganging up, whether deserved or not. I suppose what it boils down to is this. If any of us are wronged and the situation is not resolved, when we hear of a similar happening we get the urge to disclose our own similar experiences and grievances that have perhaps been bottled up for years, as a way of gettting them out of our system. Almost like a bit of group therapy!

Pizz off!

(tsk)

Depending on where the person is from, "I hear you're a United supporter" should do the trick.

Your mom loves Inter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pizz off!

(tsk)

Your mom loves Inter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's Inter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? (shrug)

Inter Milan, tool. Reference picture provided because you are a tool.

I'm the girl wearing the interMilan shirt.

GroupHug.jpg

Sorry to hear about this, NM. Nothing's worse than having a much-wanted book dangled in front of you, and then yanked away.

My experience - while not on the scale of a Bats #1 - is that when stuff like this happens, a better book or a better deal follow up soon afterwards.

I'm sure you'll have a sweet copy of that book in your hands before too long.

Good luck in the hunt,

Shep

Sorry to hear about your problem. Sad to hear about.

I have got a nice Batman #1 I would possibly sell. What price range are you looking at?

Tony

PM sent. :hi:

Looks like you're fairly new to the boards, so if you're not familiar with PMs, look for the small blinking envelope at the top of the page.

cryptkeeper59 is being a bit too kind in his explanation .. I was with him all the way and I know what went down, basically Silver Acre lied to him throughout the whole deal trying to squeeze as much money out of him as possible.

I saw Silveracre had a piece of art for sale on eBay and alerted Deve as I knew he was looking for that kind of piece.

Piece had been up for a few days with a starting price of £995 and no bids.

Trouble was that Darryl didn't want paypal over a certain amount because this would eat into his profit.

cryptkeeper59 contacted Darryl to ask about alternative payment questions and they agreed that the page would be sold off-ebay for £1000, but Darryl didn't pull the ebay auction (shrug)

When cryptkeeper59 asked him to do so he asked for a downpayment (which I understand). This time he was willing to accept paypal (just for the downpayment)

Before the downpayment ever went through Darryl sent out another email telling cryptkeeper59 that the price of their deal had just gone up as he had "two other interested parties". All of a sudden paypal was good and cryptkeeper59 had a small window to quickly pay £1200 (nearly $400 more than what they agreed upon) or he would offer the page to the "other customers". There still were no bids on ebay and the auction had less than 24 hours to go.

cryptkeeper59 decided NOT to bend over and declined, but did send Darryl an email telling him how unethical he was going back on a deal and asking 20% more.

Strangely enough the two other parties that were so interested and offered more must have changed their minds as well, because after cryptkeeper59 declined, the auction still kept running on eBay for another 20 hours or so.

In the end it did get a bid and sold for £1050 or something.

I'm staying far, far away from Silveracre and their throw-ethics-out-of-the-window-for-the-sake-of-a-lousy-buck way of doing business

Sorry to hear the same happened to you Jeff :(

Good God.

What. A. person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. Bag.

Dear Darryl,

Go fist yourself.

Sincerely,

The Spirit of Business Ethics

as Nick (FT) says earlier in this thread, Darryl has been in the comics game for a long time, and his business model hasn't changed much, nor will it. He's been very successful at what he does. His 'regular' customers from marts etc will keep him ticking over nicely, combined with the peanuts he pays for collections (I think ewanuk suffered this one), will mean he will just keep on the same old same old.

I haven't bought anything from him in over 10 years, his pricing being enough to keep me away (particularly on slabs)

I agree, I think he will shrug his shoulders and carry on regardless. I will be surprised if I get a reply to my email to him. We can only hope that enough people here will email him about a boycott for him to notice but it's only the people that buy from him that he's going to worry about.

Inter Milan, tool. Reference picture provided because you are a tool.

I'm the girl wearing the interMilan shirt.

GroupHug.jpg

What Inter Milan.. Al I see is you wearing a plan black shirt

Sorry to hear about your problem. Sad to hear about.

I have got a nice Batman #1 I would possibly sell. What price range are you looking at?

Tony

PM sent. :hi:

Looks like you're fairly new to the boards, so if you're not familiar with PMs, look for the small blinking envelope at the top of the page.

He's familiar to the boards. I offered him 1/2 guide for his AF #15 8.5 a while back through a pm and he accepted.

:whistle: