• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

Yep thats the one.

If it was this one:

GI Joe Special #1

It's was a 9.6 easy. I always undergrade a bit to CMA, esp. with the MBG.

I don't usually slab books that I would estimate to sell under $100 and the whole GI Joe thing really kinda snuck up on me. confused-smiley-013.gif

The 155 that's up right now is NOT as nice as the Special #1, but I'd still call it better than a 9.0 easy.

Can it be real??? A 9.8 #21...The census was updated today, but still not 9.8 recorded??

I would assume since it was a CGC employee who posted it (Bradley), it is legit.

Now whoever owns it, hurry up and put it on Ebay! grin.gif

I'm in the midst of reading my G.I. Joe collection #1-78, one issue per night. I'm currently up to #6 and enjoying the hell out of it with the best yet to come. Interesting how the first handful of issues were more self-contained story-wise and "feel" more like a merchandising tie-in. With the teens, I guess, the feel of the book shifted to more of a typical Marvel serialized storytelling style with more emphasis on characterization. In the early issues, you can't always tell who's talking from the word balloon. (Unless the person says "Dag!", then you know it's Stalker.)

The stories are so well put together, it's obvious that Larry Hama is totally into writing this book. Perfect match of writer to title, kinda like Roy Thomas on All-Star Squadron around the same time. Favorite issue so far is #3. ("The Trojan Gambit" - COBRA allows the Joes to capture an inert battle robot with hidden homing devices to reveal the location of the Pit.)