• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,399 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2023 at 1:37 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Probably the Raph #1 page 7, first appearance of Casey Jones. Though this is also a big runner up. This was Steve lavines personal Mikey that sat in his store the entire time shellback existed. It’s signed by him and Peter laird. He sits in my office with me lol 

70405733937__9B8B6F35-6032-49FA-9950-3230F125E509.jpeg

I wish I could have visited the Shellback store. I bet that was a shop of dreams!

On 5/6/2023 at 7:14 AM, sorrenmj said:

I love it when @Turtle changes their Fugitoid avatar to match the seasons! 

I do love Fugitoid.  As robots go, he's got a very unique design that makes him stand out.  His origin strikes me a very golden-age sci-fi comic-y.  He was key to one of the TMNT's earliest and most fondly-remembered adventures.  As someone said, he didn't play a huge role in most of the Mirage comics outside of that early story, but he tends to pop up regularly throughout the years.  He had a figure in the 80's toyline (though with a different design and color scheme), he played a larger role in the 2k3 series (still my favorite TMNT series), he was voiced by David Tenant and had a large role in one season of the Nick series, he's in the IDW series, and he even popped up in the Last Ronin book. 

I hope everyone had a great Free Comic Book Day!

My youngest had a morning soccer game today, so by the time I made it to my LCS, I think there were 8 titles left to choose from...so I missed the TMNT comic. 

Don't feel too bad for me though.  I perused the rest of the store and picked up a few books.  As I approached the counter, I saw a giant TMNT Party Wagon, the likes of which I'd never seen.  It wasn't in the box or anything, just sitting on the counter with all the doors open.  I owned a Playmates Party Wagon as a kid and this certainly wasn't one of the reissues.  I asked the guy at the counter what he could tell me about it.  He brought it over and told me he knew it wasn't from Neca or Playmates, but couldn't tell me anything else about it.  No identifying marks on it anywhere (though we did find a switch that activates the headlights!).  The price was reasonable enough for me to take a chance on so I got it. 

After a little bit of research, I found at that this is the Party Wagon by Underground Arsenal.  While it's a 3rd party company, the vehicle seems to be made for the Neca line of toys as they fit really well.  I was shocked to find that I picked it up for about 10-15% of what I would have paid if I bought it new!  :whatthe:  I'll have to do a bit more research to find out what parts are missing.  So far, I can tell there's a side-view mirror missing.  I'm guessing there's more, but I don't really mind.  It looks REALLY cool and I look forward to setting it up in my room.

IMG_2692.thumb.jpg.c85307cf36fba9a1f2ea61e0473e97fd.jpg

IMG_2693.thumb.jpg.43db220e6cf682101c06a3357a56c54c.jpg

So FCBD was great here!  I hope everyone else had fun!

On 5/6/2023 at 11:55 PM, Turtle said:

My youngest had a morning soccer game today, so by the time I made it to my LCS, I think there were 8 titles left to choose from...so I missed the TMNT comic. 

Don't feel too bad for me though.  I perused the rest of the store and picked up a few books.  As I approached the counter, I saw a giant TMNT Party Wagon, the likes of which I'd never seen.  It wasn't in the box or anything, just sitting on the counter with all the doors open.  I owned a Playmates Party Wagon as a kid and this certainly wasn't one of the reissues.  I asked the guy at the counter what he could tell me about it.  He brought it over and told me he knew it wasn't from Neca or Playmates, but couldn't tell me anything else about it.  No identifying marks on it anywhere (though we did find a switch that activates the headlights!).  The price was reasonable enough for me to take a chance on so I got it. 

After a little bit of research, I found at that this is the Party Wagon by Underground Arsenal.  While it's a 3rd party company, the vehicle seems to be made for the Neca line of toys as they fit really well.  I was shocked to find that I picked it up for about 10-15% of what I would have paid if I bought it new!  :whatthe:  I'll have to do a bit more research to find out what parts are missing.  So far, I can tell there's a side-view mirror missing.  I'm guessing there's more, but I don't really mind.  It looks REALLY cool and I look forward to setting it up in my room.

What a cool FCBD story! Thanks for sharing

On 5/6/2023 at 6:55 PM, Turtle said:

On 5/8/2023 at 12:40 PM, jaybuck43 said:

What grade are you looking for?  I'm pretty sure I have a few copies of 53 and 55.

VF and up - I've mostly been hunting in the wild or picking up cheap lots to find them, but I'd definitely be interested, thanks!

On 5/6/2023 at 8:38 AM, sorrenmj said:

That clears it up then! I’m just Honeycutt obsessed! Isn’t Fugitoid a kind of reprint of Gobbledygook parts 1&2 with a tweaked ending to tie in with the TMNT?! 

I believe that’s right .   Part reprint part new material.   Takes places between #4 and #5

Edited by Bronty

On 6/14/2023 at 4:29 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Picked up a decent small lot of TMNT for an ok price (paid $95 for the lot) - only need one more issue to complete my Vol 1 run (#53), and now I've got a decent start on a full Vol. 2 run (it's only 13 issues xD).

TMNT51.thumb.jpeg.cf6f460c8b29a94d289fa97830658bf2.jpegTMNT55.thumb.jpeg.e4875efc041ffb93708b28261c2a8903.jpegTMNT59.thumb.jpeg.18075782b9284818d5acbcbca2d0c99c.jpeg

TMNTVol22.thumb.jpeg.fee9a55d6c489596655be840de2258a5.jpegTMNTvol28.thumb.jpeg.fb64e0def3ae822014a510bc76387001.jpegTMNTVol212.thumb.jpeg.641449a50178c8ade7cf31dfb8128103.jpeg

This is the error version of #13, where they accidentally swapped the front/back covers:

TMNTVol213error.thumb.jpeg.fa09127f487d6de4efde57748e2be979.jpeg

IMG_8722.thumb.JPG.e3da393ae9abbb4234984f01173601ad.JPG

You've almost completed your run of volume 1 by hunting them out in the wild! Let us know when you find 53!

Found this guy for $7!

Edit to add: It's the Target exclusive ashcan - and my scanner is embarrassingly dirty - any spots or schmutz you see is from the scanner, this book is pristine!

TMNTTargetAshcan.thumb.jpeg.d8626695c2c202a509453912fabbf6a1.jpeg

Edited by Jesse-Lee

Maybe this is a longshot, but I'm posting it anyway:

Mahoning Drive-In in Lehighton, PA is a drive-in theater that specializes in showing movies exclusively from original 35mm film.  They often do themed events or movie marathons.  One night they'll show Rocky movies.  Another week they'll have "Fighting Game" night and show Street Fighter: The Movie and Mortal Kombat. For each night, they tend to make a custom poster (around 11x17 or so) that they'll sell and I remember their concession prices to be reasonable when I went pre-pandemic (menu is on the site).  For reference, this place is about 2 hours west of New York City.

Why do I bring this up?  Because on July 22, 2023, they're doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fan Night where they'll show the first 2 live action movies from 1990 and 1991.  :banana:

The show happens rain or shine and there is the option of spending the night at the site and just leaving by noon the next day.  I'll be driving home after the movies, but I'm definitely going. 

So...

man-half-baked-whos-comin-with-me.gif.813427178658c5bc936099e3342fad94.gif

On 6/21/2023 at 3:14 AM, Turtle said:

Mahoning Drive-In in Lehighton, PA is a drive-in theater that specializes in showing movies exclusively from original 35mm film.  They often do themed events or movie marathons.  One night they'll show Rocky movies.  Another week they'll have "Fighting Game" night and show Street Fighter: The Movie and Mortal Kombat. For each night, they tend to make a custom poster (around 11x17 or so) that they'll sell and I remember their concession prices to be reasonable when I went pre-pandemic (menu is on the site).  For reference, this place is about 2 hours west of New York City.

Why do I bring this up?  Because on July 22, 2023, they're doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fan Night where they'll show the first 2 live action movies from 1990 and 1991.  :banana:

The show happens rain or shine and there is the option of spending the night at the site and just leaving by noon the next day.  I'll be driving home after the movies, but I'm definitely going. 

So...

I wish I could! Let us know how it is like! Share your experience :)

On 6/20/2023 at 10:14 PM, Turtle said:

So...

Just bought my ticket.  Wonder if I can bring Mikey without them charging me...

image.thumb.jpeg.293afd37ed9ea2deb07b04d813a9c4c8.jpeg