• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROBOJO 33 DISCUSSION Thread WARNING! ROBOJO inside!

422 posts in this topic

so does this guy restore books and get them by CGC in blue labels or not????

i could have sworn i read that in one of his earlier posts in this thread.

If so, how many books has he done this with?

(shrug)

I'll field that question for you, sir! The story here is that everything supposedly comes back restored, although the truth is that I've had one return for resto in the past 14 months and on a very inexpensive book.

Old Guy can verify this 14 month window I speak of. He can because he's sponsored by a certain company to keep close tabs on me and he knows that all my unrestored submisions are being returned blue.

Also, there's nobody in the hobby that can state differently.

I read where I supposedly ssold someone a restored IF 14 as unrestored, but I have never sold an IF 14. Those that keep careful records of all my listings woul know that, and there are many who do just that.

It's incredulous to think that someone wuld even attempt to do wrong or make an effort to do what I'm accused of with an entire faction of people crawling around inside my colon with magnifyng glasses.

I wonder what terrors they would find ifthey subjected the colons of some of the top sellers in his hobby to the sam type of robust colonic inspection.

As one hobbyist asked me about an auction, "Are you sure this will grade blue. You know, if it doesn't, I'll personally make sure that this is a PR hobby nightmare for you".

My answer was, "I have no doubt that you would, which is why I had no doubt that it would grade blue before listing it as unrestored".

Because I full well know that missing even one restored book at this point would be construed as intentional rather than accidental, I make sure that before I list an unrestored book, I examine it like my life depends on it because I am held to lfty, unrealistic standards that no other sellers in the history of the hobby have been held to. One miss would be result in 100 people screaming, "See. All of Robo's books are restored".

yeah, you moved the spine tick adjacent to the word balloow "along came a spider, and cleaned up the edges a bit. Got rid of some minor scuffing.

"ka-ching $$$"

Actually looks like a different book in many minor ways...did you photograph a different book and insert it...........can I see the label?

I avoid the guys auctions. And have no interest in even browsing his stuff. He ends up with stolen goods to consign, has a bad track record with undisclosed restoration, and just seems like playing with the Devil.

And stop saying you have 9.9 Key BA books. You dont, you know damn well CGC wouldnt award those books those grades. We can just add over grader to your resume.

I have no litany of undisclosed restoration. Any books that Koos sold that returned restored are being attirbuted to me!

I've had 1 return on sub $100 book, for resto, in the past months. On 1500 books sold, that's probably a record.

I avoid the guys auctions. And have no interest in even browsing his stuff. He ends up with stolen goods to consign, has a bad track record with undisclosed restoration, and just seems like playing with the Devil.

And stop saying you have 9.9 Key BA books. You dont, you know damn well CGC wouldnt award those books those grades. We can just add over grader to your resume.

I have no litany of undisclosed restoration. Any books that Koos sold that returned restored are being attirbuted to me!

I've had 1 return on sub $100 book, for resto, in the past months. On 1500 books sold, that's probably a record.

I can't stop saying I have 9.9 key BA book because I never said that. I have very few BA books. Lots of AS 129s, 121s, 122s, Xmen 94 and GS 1s, Hulk 181s. That's it. That's all that interested me.

(shrug)

I'll field that question for you, sir! The story here is that everything supposedly comes back restored, although the truth is that I've had one return for resto in the past 14 months and on a very inexpensive book.

Old Guy can verify this 14 month window I speak of. He can because he's sponsored by a certain company to keep close tabs on me and he knows that all my unrestored submisions are being returned blue.

I read where I supposedly ssold someone a restored IF 14 as unrestored, but I have never sold an IF 14. Those that keep careful records of all my listings woul know that, and there are many who do just that.

It's incredulous to think that someone wuld even attempt to do wrong or make an effort to do what I'm accused of with an entire faction of people crawling around inside my colon with magnifyng glasses.

I wonder what terrors they would find ifthey subjected the colons of some of the top sellers in his hobby to the sam type of robust colonic inspection.

As one hobbyist asked me about an auction, "Are you sure this will grade blue. You know, if it doesn't, I'll personally make sure that this is a PR hobby nightmare for you".

My answer was, "I have no doubt that you would, which is why I had no doubt that it would grade blue before listing it as unrestored".

Because I full well know that missing even one restored book at this point would be construed as intentional rather than accidental, I make sure that before I list an unrestored book, I examine it like my life depends on it because I am held to lfty, unrealistic standards that no other sellers in the history of the hobby have been held to. One miss would be result in 100 people screaming, "See. All of Robo's books are restored".

so you do or do not pass multiple books that you have restored by CGC resto detection?

(shrug)

so you do or do not pass multiple books that you have restored by CGC resto detection?

Have you such little faith in CGC's abilities to detect resto? I don't restore books and nobody can slide book after book past CGC's detection team. That's the best part of their service. They are the best. period. I'm a close second.

so has this book been photoshopped?

Xmen35_121408.jpg

Xmen35_110808.jpg

Of course it has, most obvious are the small white dots that have disappeared.

If you care to really use your power of observation, the staples, the wrap, the placement... all different. I wouldnt have anything thatI thought might be incriminating in a public file. these are all images from past auctions and a few from present ones.

yeah, you moved the spine tick adjacent to the word balloow "along came a spider, and cleaned up the edges a bit. Got rid of some minor scuffing.

"ka-ching $$$"

Actually looks like a different book in many minor ways...did you photograph a different book and insert it...........can I see the label?

What label? It's a raw book. Two different similar X-men 35s.

Just curious, why do some books you list (usually the high end expensive ones) you use a digital camera at a weird angle. And every once in a while you list books from a scanner. Why don't you scan all of your books?

Just curious, why do some books you list (usually the high end expensive ones) you use a digital camera at a weird angle. And every once in a while you list books from a scanner. Why don't you scan all of your books?
:popcorn:

Time. I can take and load 30 pictures to Photobucket from my digital camera in the time it takes to take and load 3 scans. Sometimes I don't have the camera, decide to list a book and the scanner is the only option.

I don't recall having any feedbacks that state that the comic was misrepresented by the image aside from one comic that didn't have a small crease onthe upper right corner when I imaged it and packed it, yet did somehow when the buyer received it.

(shrug)

Have you such little faith in CGC's abilities to detect resto? I don't restore books and nobody can slide book after book past CGC's detection team. That's the best part of their service. They are the best. period. I'm a close second.

actually i don't know what to think. but i guess it makes sense that you wont answer the question straight.

The AF 15, the mst expensive book I've listed in quite awhile, is a scan so I'm not too sure about your expensive/inexpensive theory.