• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

Those hot rod comics look awesome :o
They appear to be the nicest in the bunch. I believe there's a little over 40 books in the album. I don't have any bags or boards so, I will wait until I get some before I take them out.

Love reading through these discoveries so I thought it was time to step-up and contribute my own find, a GA collection from 2010...

Last April I went to see an individual about 40 minutes away, who I found on CL, about making a purchase on a completely non-comic related item. Over the course of our discussion I mentioned that I collect comics as well. Upon hearing this he said, "Hey! I've got a stack of old books that my aunt left me when she passed away. I'm only the second owner - want to take a look?" I said sure, why not?

We go down into his basement and yep, he's got a bunch of comics from the 1940s just laying in magazine racks, but at least bagged. I started flipping through them and of course there's the expected cartoon comics along with some other odds and ends in varying degrees of condition. I then ask him do you have any superhero books? He then told me those are his favorite so he's used them to cover the wall behind his other pop culture collectibles. So he pulls a a few off the wall, the key books, and they turn out to be in really great condition regardless of their purpose - wallpaper. I'm guessing actually putting them on the wall protected them from kids, friends, dogs, etc. unlike the magazine rack group.

Long story short I made him a fair offer on the better material. It's been my one and only "find" over the years. Some of the books have made their way out into the market, locally and nationally, while I've retained others for my own collection. Enjoy (thumbs u

GA-comics.jpg

GA-comics-2.jpg

Great stuff man! How were the grades roughly?

Went to the flea market at the Fall Festival my kid's school holds every year in late September. No comics or comics-related stuff like last year, but I did grab these LPs for 50-cents each:

rekkids.jpg

"After the Gold Rush" and "Planet Waves" aren't a big deal. But I don't see Neil Young's "Journey Through the Past" all that often in the wild. Likewise the first Moby Grape album with the original "middle finger" cover; the 1st Tim Buckley album from '66; and the original "360-Sound" pressing of Dylan's "Times" with the original insert. Folkie and folk-rock heaven!!!

Also not comics. Picked these up for a buck each over the course of a few yard sales many years ago.

web.jpg

I'm just old enough to remember when vinyl records were highly collectible. I've always wondered how the move to cassettes and CDs has affected those collectibles. I would think it would have destroyed it.