• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,892 posts in this topic

And... one vender have one big key for sale - Hulk 181 copy! Go figure, right in a local flea market! For fun, I asked how much for this one? He said "$1200" ... yeah I should know.

Who doesn't know how hot the #181 is? :tonofbricks:

Anyway, I get to glance inside this book. Pages are OW as seen, has the Marvel Value stamp #54 still in there - uncut and intact. It appears to me as a VF minus by what I see. Sorry if my cellphone camera is crappy, it's the best thing I can do on the spot there.

I got his number and card, if I have a chance to chase up the key someday.

Hulk181_zpse8114b2e.jpg

13949942560442_zps39af6af8.jpg

Edited by Fan Boy

I'll have to confirm this but I was just at my friend wedding. Met his brother, big Cap fan. He said he got Captain America 2 for $5 from an old lady next door.
Then he needs to do the right thing and drop her off a fat envelope of cash. That is just wrong.

I love yard sales

yardsale3-153_zpse2c6dc20.jpg

yardsale3-154_zps3a388dcf.jpg

yardsale3-155_zpsc6d2113e.jpg

This is why I can't wait to move down there. Searching for comics here stinks. People either want to much for their garbage or not enough good stuff.

It isn't always that good here, most of what I find in Az is overpriced..

This was the closet that I opened up at the yard sale... I only bought 2 boxes for 50 bucks, my friend got the rest for 600 and I cant wait to see what else there was. But it looks like the guy started collecting in about 1985 and just bought current issues every month.

yardsale3-15_zps0548a751.jpg

This was the closet that I opened up at the yard sale... I only bought 2 boxes for 50 bucks, my friend got the rest for 600 and I cant wait to see what else there was. But it looks like the guy started collecting in about 1985 and just bought current issues every month.

Show us the good stuff! :D

I'll have to confirm this but I was just at my friend wedding. Met his brother, big Cap fan. He said he got Captain America 2 for $5 from an old lady next door.
Then he needs to do the right thing and drop her off a fat envelope of cash. That is just wrong.

Why? How can one make that claim with so little information?

Why? How can one make that claim with so little information?

I wonder the same thing, I regret making that comment.

Still havent heard anything btw.

Picked up a bunch of games today then came across this. A super rare find. As some of you know I also collect video games and systems too. Now this nes top loader is minty fresh with plastic and not on scratch on system and has papers. Now the thing the that makes it cooler is the serial number to the system matches the box. Very happy with this.

image_zps1f89a7bb.jpg

Works too

image_zps6ab3f5e0.jpg

image_zps46056d67.jpg

Went to a local Vintage Stock store and another family thrift store here in OKC yesterday and found some goodies. Total investment = $16.00. :banana:

3 copies of Alpha Flight #17 (Big Hero 6), Web of Spider-Man #118 and 119

IMG_20140329_225623_zps18650db3.jpg

Batman, The Dark Knight #1 (New 52), Detective Comics #1 (New 52) and Superman, Man of Steel #18 (2nd printing)

IMG_20140329_225659_zps43adec0f.jpg

Sex Criminals #3, Spawn #1

IMG_20140329_225730_zpseecc113d.jpg

Bought this fixer upper bike today for $35. I didn't inspect it closely at the guys house, but I saw it was a lugged frame and I was up for a project anyway. I used to build pretty nice custom bikes so I know I can get this working like new and looking pretty clean. After some inspection I'm 99% sure it's a Suntour, although I haven't confirmed it absolutely yet. I'm not super knowledgeable on road bikes but looks like I made a good buy. Even if the frameset isn't Suntour, literally everything bolted to it is, and it seems that's a good brand and I probably have $150 worth of stuff here :)

Gonna be fun getting it road ready and looking presentable now.

newbike_zpsc487183f.jpg

Bought this fixer upper bike today for $35. I didn't inspect it closely at the guys house, but I saw it was a lugged frame and I was up for a project anyway. I used to build pretty nice custom bikes so I know I can get this working like new and looking pretty clean. After some inspection I'm 99% sure it's a Suntour, although I haven't confirmed it absolutely yet. I'm not super knowledgeable on road bikes but looks like I made a good buy. Even if the frameset isn't Suntour, literally everything bolted to it is, and it seems that's a good brand and I probably have $150 worth of stuff here :)

Gonna be fun getting it road ready and looking presentable now.

newbike_zpsc487183f.jpg

seat looks comfortable :insane:

So I was checking Craigslist this morning and I noticed a post that said they were clearing out old magazines and books from a deceased relative's house. I dropped by and stumbled across ten long boxes. I asked how much for all and the guy says "How about fifty bucks?" I insisted on giving him $100. So I load them in the car and at the end if the day I find this:

image_zps0def3fff.jpg

So I think I did alright?

So I was checking Craigslist this morning and I noticed a post that said they were clearing out old magazines and books from a deceased relative's house. I dropped by and stumbled across ten long boxes. I asked how much for all and the guy says "How about fifty bucks?" I insisted on giving him $100. So I load them in the car and at the end if the day I find this:

image_zps0def3fff.jpg

:o

Bought another toy collection.

Guy was absolutely insane. Like an ex-convict. Blew his stack pretty quickly over nothing!! Quite hilarious.

Collection was not that great in comparison to the others. The guy pretended like he didn't know anything but then started winging "E-bay" prices and had some knowledge on what was worth something and not.

Largely a He-man/MOTU collection. Nicest piece was a black-faced Grizzlor (skin is much darker than the norm too). Quite a few duplicates.

A bunch of odd-ball stuff. I tend to pick that stuff up more because you see it less and never know if it's desirable. But more often than not, it's worthless.

Again, nothing spectacular. Evil Voltron guy, some magma guy from Crystar, some green robot from Silverhawks, some Battle Beasts, and some M.U.S.C.L.E.S. There was an old dinosaur too. Pretty neat looking and articulated. I thought it was Dino Riders because it came out at the same time. But looks like it's from something called Definitely Dinosaurs.

Not sure what the deal is, but GI Joe 80s has been insanely easy to get this year. Starting to pass it up (certain cases).

Pat

image_zps0def3fff.jpg

Congratulations, what an amazing find!