• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

I wouldn't mind flipping that Penny.

Ha! The judges would have also accepted "If I found that Penny, I'd pick her up."

or possibly something involving 'heads or tails'

:golfclap: I think Revat wins.

Au contraire, if you really *think* about what I meant. ;)

So I went to a tag sale that advertised comics. I get in the house and ask the lady where are the comics? She says, my son decided not to sell them, sorry. Huh. Okay, I respond, is he here, maybe I can talk to him about what he has and change his mind maybe. Her response - he's ten.

:tonofbricks::insane:

what is a tag sale? is that the same as yard/garage sale but with a foreign slang? never heard the term before

Tag sale is inside the home with the contents priced, usually run by a professional company. Very big here on Long Island.

what is a tag sale? is that the same as yard/garage sale but with a foreign slang? never heard the term before

Tag sale is inside the home with the contents priced, usually run by a professional company. Very big here on Long Island.

ok thanks -- more or less an estate sale except it sounds like it is it first come, open house more or less.

Went looking for comics. Found this.

Still looking for information on it, but one major dealer has told me its from the 1880's.

Its a glass negative of Lincoln at Antietam.

28ivjer.jpg

Edited by AnkurJ

Bought 5-6 long boxes from someone. Mostly lower grade Bronze stuff. He wanted $75, but I gave him $100. I'm such a good person. :whistle:

This was the highlight. Its lower grade, but still a good find. Also had Next Men 21, Swamp Thing 37, DC Presents 49, Avengers Annual 10, Moebius 2, TDKR 1-4, final issues of Epic Illustrated and alot of random Silver and Bronze stuff.

IMG_8578_zpsl09atgzb.jpg

Despite how good the collection was; this is still a heartbreaker. So close. You could argue someone picked 12, but this collection clearly wasn't picked.

IMG_8577_zpsxpyvtou1.jpg

Bought 5-6 long boxes from someone. Mostly lower grade Bronze stuff. He wanted $75, but I gave him $100. I'm such a good person. :whistle:

This was the highlight. Its lower grade, but still a good find. Also had Next Men 21, Swamp Thing 37, DC Presents 49, Avengers Annual 10, Moebius 2, TDKR 1-4, final issues of Epic Illustrated and alot of random Silver and Bronze stuff.

IMG_8578_zpsl09atgzb.jpg

Despite how good the collection was; this is still a heartbreaker. So close. You could argue someone picked 12, but this collection clearly wasn't picked.

IMG_8577_zpsxpyvtou1.jpg

$100 for 6 long boxes......... I've just paid £300 for 79 comics! If I had been born in the states I'd be a millionaire today!

I just cornered the market on cool. Snapped this up quick the other day. The AMF Hot Seat from the 70s. AMF used to mfg Harleys and likely why this thing is black and orange, looks like a trike and is just a little badazz

image_zpsmh0x2xzr.jpg

Edited by Junkdrawer

Went looking for comics. Found this.

Still looking for information on it, but one major dealer has told me its from the 1880's.

Its a glass negative of Lincoln at Antietam.

28ivjer.jpg

That is beyond cool. Probably worth quite a bit. Where did you find it?