• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

1eSx0Rk.jpg?1

I was also able to broker a deal with a coworker of mine for this beautiful microphone. A dated stainless steel mic on a cast iron base. It reminds me of the Rocketeer :cloud9:

This is a Turner P9D mic from the 50s.. while they're not super htf, they do have a great look and are heavy as heck ;)

Next up, some early AH! I love the Stargrazers covers, I buy these whenever I see them in the wild.

13z4vox.jpg

Yesssss! The Stargazers were the first AH books I owned, I remember seeing them on Mile High's newsletter and thinking to myself, who is this artist?? I was hooked ever since..

I love all of AH's older books, Maze Agency, Death hawk, JLA etc...

Nice to see Im not the only one!!!

RIght there with ya bud! JLI was where I first got into AH, but I loved the Maze Agency books as well. I'm surprised that the Stargrazers books don't get more love. They're really beautiful examples of Adam's early style, beautifully illustrated cheesecake sci-fi stuff. Love 'em.

Are there any notable differences between the Turnner Crystal & Dynamic?

How about the P9D model and the 9XM?

Not much difference between those 2, but you should see whats the setting is on yours, if its 200 its low impedance, if its HI, then high impedance.. Usually the low z mics are better for vocal harmonics

if i could get the photo off my phone, i would post it.

my wife texts me a picture of a black grocery bag with a note on it "free comics" on one of the benches on the subway platform. i guess i missed it when i went to work.

of course, she wouldn't look inside or anything, afraid it might be a prank or something. probably junk or poop or a dead rat or something, i wish she looked inside though, if they were old she would know to grab them at least. now we'll never know, could have been 10 copies of action 1 sitting in someone's attic.

my wife texts me a picture of a black grocery bag with a note on it "free comics" on one of the benches on the subway platform. i guess i missed it when i went to work.

of course, she wouldn't look inside or anything, afraid it might be a prank or something. probably junk or poop or a dead rat or something, i wish she looked inside though, if they were old she would know to grab them at least. now we'll never know, could have been 10 copies of action 1 sitting in someone's attic.

Action 1's are the likely scenario

With Gutenberg bible pages used for protection.

Hi this was found at a thrift store. Its a weird Superman ring. I think it may be a fake or something. Its child size and sterling silver. Does anyone know anything about it?

20150810_1645002_zpsnnnhnoqg.jpg

20150810_1645152_zpsl6oa9aez.jpg

20150810_1645442_zpsmxixuce1.jpg

20150810_164645_zpsoawu5ig3.jpg

I stumbled on a garage sale this weekend, literally, I was just driving looking for a way out of a neighborhood when I saw the sale. Didn't see any signs posted. As I pulled up I saw 4 long comic boxes. Nothing too spectacular. Mostly Marvels from 90s. I asked the price and the guy said $2.00 -$10.00. I probably would have got a long box worth if they had been 50 cents each. Instead I went through the 4 boxes and found about 13 comics that were worth buying.

comiclot8815.jpg

I got all of these for $25. Not as great a haul as some of the recent finds of others, but still a good deal I thought.

With Gutenberg bible pages used for protection.

that was my thinking as well

Picked up half a long box of moderns for a buck each on Saturday morning, filled in a boatload of my Amazing Spidey run.

Also picked up two puzzles, a JLA cover and a Superman 1 cover, 500 pieces, both still shrink wrapped. Paid $5 each for them.

(thumbs u

I gave up "garage sales" a long time ago. Just seems like a waste of gas driving round and usually buying something I shouldn't have just because I got up. I rarely find much at them here anyway. "Estate sales" are a little better and you usually know what there is going to be. Trouble is the pushing and shoving. I have hit the older areas and found a few things. Most of the "hipsters" have cleaned out the houses when they moved in. Flea markets are the best. I just pay a little more and let some dealer do the leg work for me. I usually look for older stuff and hope the dealer didn't do his "homework".

I gave up "garage sales" a long time ago. Just seems like a waste of gas driving round and usually buying something I shouldn't have just because I got up. I rarely find much at them here anyway. "Estate sales" are a little better and you usually know what there is going to be. Trouble is the pushing and shoving. I have hit the older areas and found a few things. Most of the "hipsters" have cleaned out the houses when they moved in. Flea markets are the best. I just pay a little more and let some dealer do the leg work for me. I usually look for older stuff and hope the dealer didn't do his "homework".

I live on Long Island, NY, and it's a hot bed of garage/tag/estate sales each and every weekend, Friday's too (but I usually miss those because of my day job). There are so many sales advertised each week that I only go the ones that say they have comics. Even then, I walk away with nothing good more often than not.

But the thrill of the hunt keeps me coming back for more, and knowing the 80s/90s and more recent books that are worth picking makes all the difference. If I was stuck on 10/12 centers only I'd have given up long ago.

I have also had good luck asking the seller if they have some better stuff they are holding back and I've gotten some good comics that way as well.

I've had pretty good luck at estate auctions. Of course I live in a rural farming area and most of the people at these auctions have little to no idea on the value of comics. I've walked out with ASM 41, superman 199 and a handful of silver age batman/det's after spending 15-20. It's all about the area ya live in and getting lucky.

I live on Long Island, NY, and it's a hot bed of garage/tag/estate sales each and every weekend... Even then, I walk away with nothing good more often than not.

Thats because Gary Guarnotta got 'em all before you..

Seriously, I used to go to Long Island for garage sales years ago, but recently, each one I attended was either run by Gary, or was visited by him the day before the sale begun

I live on Long Island, NY, and it's a hot bed of garage/tag/estate sales each and every weekend... Even then, I walk away with nothing good more often than not.

Thats because Gary Guarnotta got 'em all before you..

Seriously, I used to go to Long Island for garage sales years ago, but recently, each one I attended was either run by Gary, or was visited by him the day before the sale begun

I'm pretty sure he's the guy that opened a shop called LI Pickers in Westbury. Been there a few times and to his house as well. He's too busy these days running sales to troll the sales himself.