• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Thanks Chip - as I said in our PM, and it's worth repeating, I'm listing 60 - 70 per day and I'm done already.

How you list thousands and thousands per year is beyond me.

It's incredibly hard work, so hats off to you Chip.

Thanks for the kind words mate. (and change yer name back!!)

lol. It's not THAT much. Over the last 12 months I've averaged 183 auctions per week. I'm sure there are people here that do more than I do.

Not sure about the name change back...I think some panties are still in knots.

Thanks Chip - as I said in our PM, and it's worth repeating, I'm listing 60 - 70 per day and I'm done already.

lol. It's not THAT much. Over the last 12 months I've averaged 183 auctions per week. I'm sure there are people here that do more than I do.

(shrug) what's the story?

I haven't seen much action in my neck of the woods at estate sales recently, so I was cautiously optimistic when I saw what looked like a healthy stack of late 50's and early 60's DC, Archies, and a few Marvels in the advertisement.

I showed up at around 7:30am (doors opened at 10am) and I was number 17 on the list. Luckily for me, they let the first 20 people in at once, so I was right there. Luckily again, the comics were spread out so the 2 or 3 other comics guys that were also there each got their own stack to look through without too many "overreach" shenanigans.

Nothing really high grade, mostly solid VG's and a few F's...and priced very reasonably for the most part. I missed out on the few early TTA and TOS books, but I'm mostly a DC guy anyway, so I couldn't get too upset.

Here's what I ended up scoring...

IMG_2340_zpsknk09nfq.jpg

IMG_2341_zpsenj6y9o8.jpg

IMG_2342_zpscca2cngs.jpg

IMG_2343_zpst3wdmlpl.jpg

IMG_2344_zpsj9gwhxx5.jpg

Nothing too high-grade for my Superman collection, but I did fill a few holes and pick up a nice reader copy of Superboy #86.

The real find for me, was the Showcase #35 with the 2nd appearance of The Atom! The bonus was that this was one of the nicest books that they had that I came across.

I tell you though, if there's an Adventures of Bob Hope collector out there, you would've had a field day here.

All in all, a sale well worth getting up early for!

183 a week is indeed "thousands and thousands" a year, almost 10,000! a full time job when you have the packing/shipping and hunting down inventory on top of scanning/listing.

i don't know how you have the patience for some of those $1.99 auctions that finish at $2-$4, but i guess you make it up in volume and knowing that your item will probably sell!

listing 183 here a week is doable, but it takes 5X as long to list an item on feebay

Edited by the blob

I get burned out after listing 10 ebay auctions. I only have another 25,000 to go.

Let me know if you need help. :foryou:

I need to get more into this. My wife is on my back to some sort of return on all that stuff I have in my comic cave. She works a second job, so I guess I should too.

I think scanning is the most tedious part, particularly on my home scanner. Slow...

I get burned out after listing 10 ebay auctions. I only have another 25,000 to go.

I need to get more into this. My wife is on my back to some sort of return on all that stuff I have in my comic cave. She works a second job, so I guess I should too.

I think scanning is the most tedious part, particularly on my home scanner. Slow...

Welp, even if the help you need is only advice on how to increase efficiency to bump up the volume, feel free to shoot off a PM. I'm always around. :foryou:

So true.

Once the ebay template is set, then I can get going quite briskly, but its naming each scan to upload that causes me the most grief - nothing can slip out of order, or it gets slowed right down.List the wrong pic once and the whole system crashes (well it does for me!)

I did go and buy a new Brother J65200w legal-size scanner - super quick and luckily on heavily reduced end of financial year sale - only $190 AUD brand-new. Not many people want legal size.

I think that's the key - a quick scanner, and rigid organisational systems.

I've still a very daunting task when you have literally a thousand plus to list - I seriously have no idea how Chip does it every week.

I'm over it already!

I only list a few things to sell, but I have abandoned my scanner for camera pictures. I shoot some pics, tweet them, and then use those in my auctions. I am selling cheapo moderns but more often than not, so it works for me. If someone wants a better picture, then the scanner gets going.

Again it may not work for everyone but seems to be working for me, especially here on the boards in the copper/modern sales threads.

Use the EBay app on your phone! When you go to add the pics you just hit - take a picture. It is the main thing that allowed me to really start selling on EBay. It is so much quicker than scanning or taking pics and then uploading.

Hope I finally have a score to share on here for my next post... lol.

Use the EBay app on your phone! When you go to add the pics you just hit - take a picture. It is the main thing that allowed me to really start selling on EBay. It is so much quicker than scanning or taking pics and then uploading.

Hope I finally have a score to share on here for my next post... lol.

Thanks,that is even easier.

183 a week is indeed "thousands and thousands" a year, almost 10,000! a full time job when you have the packing/shipping and hunting down inventory on top of scanning/listing.

i don't know how you have the patience for some of those $1.99 auctions that finish at $2-$4, but i guess you make it up in volume and knowing that your item will probably sell!

listing 183 here a week is doable, but it takes 5X as long to list an item on feebay

I don't know about that. When I put my mind to it, I can do 70 a week without any stress to the system at all, and I work 75 hour weeks routinely in the real world. Baseball season definitely makes it easier - I can ship 20 packages in the hour that "Quick Pitch" runs, plus I get to look at Heidi Watney.

I haven't seen much action in my neck of the woods at estate sales recently, so I was cautiously optimistic when I saw what looked like a healthy stack of late 50's and early 60's DC, Archies, and a few Marvels in the advertisement.

I showed up at around 7:30am (doors opened at 10am) and I was number 17 on the list. Luckily for me, they let the first 20 people in at once, so I was right there. Luckily again, the comics were spread out so the 2 or 3 other comics guys that were also there each got their own stack to look through without too many "overreach" shenanigans.

Nothing really high grade, mostly solid VG's and a few F's...and priced very reasonably for the most part. I missed out on the few early TTA and TOS books, but I'm mostly a DC guy anyway, so I couldn't get too upset.

Here's what I ended up scoring...

IMG_2340_zpsknk09nfq.jpg

IMG_2341_zpsenj6y9o8.jpg

IMG_2342_zpscca2cngs.jpg

IMG_2343_zpst3wdmlpl.jpg

IMG_2344_zpsj9gwhxx5.jpg

Nothing too high-grade for my Superman collection, but I did fill a few holes and pick up a nice reader copy of Superboy #86.

The real find for me, was the Showcase #35 with the 2nd appearance of The Atom! The bonus was that this was one of the nicest books that they had that I came across.

I tell you though, if there's an Adventures of Bob Hope collector out there, you would've had a field day here.

All in all, a sale well worth getting up early for!

Nice haul :applause:

well, I was bored Friday and decided to check out a chronic Craigslist poster. He had some nice books but prices were a little steep. Turns out he was a writer for many years and wrote a bunch of comics...Mike Pellowski. So I decided to toss out some good money for some good books.

CLUGvLmVEAAG3YL.jpg

CLUGvH-UAAAXsnS.jpg

CLUGvKDUkAARuUF.jpg

Basically I likely overpaid a bit but he was a nice older guy and I was JoJo The Monkey Boy once again.

And these don't really count for this thread but here are my purchases from last week's Garden State Comic Fest in Morristown NJ.

CLUGvLtUkAEVHBC.jpg

Edited by Bird

well, I was bored Friday and decided to check out a chronic Craigslist poster. He had some nice books but prices were a little steep. Turns out he was a writer for many years and wrote a bunch of comics...Mike Pellowski. So I decided to toss out some good money for some good books.

CLUGvLmVEAAG3YL.jpg

CLUGvH-UAAAXsnS.jpg

CLUGvKDUkAARuUF.jpg

Basically I likely overpaid a bit but he was a nice older guy and I was JoJo The Monkey Boy once again.

And these don't really count for this thread but here are my purchases from last week's Garden State Comic Fest in Morristown NJ.

CLUGvLtUkAEVHBC.jpg

Doctor Strange :cloud9:

Just a caveat to this post...you won't get nearly as much for your books by doing this as opposed to scanning. FYI.

Edited by Epic Peach

IMAG3095_zpskqqpp6nv_edit_1438439354396_zpsci1osjld.jpg

My first attempt to post this was eaten. Pulled up to a random garage sale to about a short box+ between a stack on the table and in two cardboard boxes underneath. Guy had no idea on price as to what he wanted to ask. He said 10 or 25 cents each. I got my stack and asked for a price and he said pay me whatever. I gave him a $5.

The Iron Fist is fair.

Edited by yecul

IMAG3095_zpskqqpp6nv_edit_1438439354396_zpsci1osjld.jpg

My first attempt to post this was eaten. Pulled up to a random garage sale to about a short box+ between a stack on the table and in two cardboard boxes underneath. Guy had no idea on price as to what he wanted to ask. He said 10 or 25 cents each. I got my stack and asked for a price and he said pay me whatever. I gave him a $5.

The Iron Fist is fair.

I think you made out on that deal! :golfclap:

~Sincerely, Captain Obvious lol