• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Hey, don't get me wrong, what ever you like is good. Comics are a wonderful thing. Something for everyone. I guess it's just that ANYBODY'S first appearance seems to be in demand now.

lol - any chance I can get to post that cover is good with me!

just need that Archie movie now - first Pureheart and first Eviulheart waiting in the wings

At least the price jump for Squirrel Girl's first appearance is based on actual interest from comic fans and not movie or TV speculation!

Hasn't she been in the spiderman cartoon? Then again, practically every character has been paraded through that one.

At least the price jump for Squirrel Girl's first appearance is based on actual interest from comic fans and not movie or TV speculation!

Hasn't she been in the spiderman cartoon? Then again, practically every character has been paraded through that one.

She was on the Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes cartoon…for about 2.5 seconds.

630274-cartoonsquirrelgirl.jpg

Hit up two used book stores today and this my haul. The ToS weren't buck books like the others but they are my first silver age superhero purchases.

AxMNPvi.jpg

Edited by Couchy81

Good haul...and if the ToS was 6.99 you dids goodly!My first ToS actually!

Great,great read.

Ty sir! They were both 6.99 but low grade copies, I am looking forward to reading 'em!

Welcome sir!And was hat $6.99 Canadian?I see your location says North.

Good haul...and if the ToS was 6.99 you dids goodly!My first ToS actually!

Great,great read.

Ty sir! They were both 6.99 but low grade copies, I am looking forward to reading 'em!

Welcome sir!And was hat $6.99 Canadian?I see your location says North.

Yup that's the funny money price, take 25% off that for "retail" price. :)

Edited by Couchy81

Hit up two used book stores today and this my haul. The ToS weren't buck books like the others but they are my first silver age superhero purchases.

Tales of Suspense 66 is the origin of the Red Skull. Good choice for your first Silver Age book, I love that one. $6.99 in any shape is a sure thing.

Not a find of mine, but my neighbor asked me to help him sell his collection of Horse Racing Triple Crown souvenir glasses and I thought this one was pretty neat to share here. It's a 1945 Kentucky Derby Mint Julep glass. Pretty damn cool...and I'm tempted to take a shot of whiskey out of it. :)

$_57.JPG

My wife and I are looking to get a little bit more into vintage toy collecting so when I saw this on CraigsList for a very competitive price it was worth the drive to go get it! It's complete and in the box (which is in amazing shape as well). It's an original owner toy which is pretty cool too. The ship itself has some yellowing of the plastic but all in all it's so awesome! It's my first CraigsList score! :headbang:

10549693_717037511735664_579226770_n_zpsxsjxppvz.jpg

Love it. One of the few pieces I still don't have.

Went to my own father's garage sale. He had a Hot Wheels track set in the box from 1968/1969 when he was a kid. So he gave it to me.

Pretty dirty, but pretty cool.

Patrick

Love it. One of the few pieces I still don't have.

Went to my own father's garage sale. He had a Hot Wheels track set in the box from 1968/1969 when he was a kid. So he gave it to me.

Pretty dirty, but pretty cool.

Patrick

Thanks for the comment! I was born in 1988 so these were all before my time, but I love Star Wars and even as a young kid, from the first time I saw the movies, I was drawn to the Imperial Shuttle from the first time I saw it flying into the new Death Star. And knowing it came from the original owner is really cool.

Hot Wheels were another favorite of mine. I never realized they had made track sets that early! Very cool!

Hit up a 50 cent sale today. These have been pretty great in the past. Nothing really amazing today, but some solid books at 50 cents a pop.

First of all, some nice Stars. Aside from the Mad Balls, these are in nice shape. It's weird, when j was a kid, Stars = Suck. But now I think is fun to try to put this run together on the cheap.

2yp0jep.jpg

Next up, some early AH! I love the Stargrazers covers, I buy these whenever I see them in the wild.

13z4vox.jpg

Some Linsner and Mignola goodness.

1i0bkj.jpg

Some random decent books.

2ighg2f.jpg

I think Gen 13 is about due for a resurgence, so I always buy the original mini (and other sexy JSC covers from the run) whenever I find them for less than a buck.

n1t7at.jpg

Not pictured are huge chunks of Giffen run of 80's LoSH (my favorite), a big run of Bolland Batman GK covers, some Ellis Thunderbolts, and other assorted junk. Again, nothing mindblowing, but I enjoy the hunt!

Update!

hOmxVM0.jpg?1

A few months back I found the green stem Creature Pez dispenser at a flea market for $10.

Ever since that day I've been actively searching for the other Universal Monster Pez dispensers... There are a total of three, Creature, Frankenstein & Wolfman.

I haven't had any luck finding Frank or Wolfman. However, I discovered there are a few variants of the Creature. I did manage to pick up one of these variants. It's an orange stem green head Creature.

I also went ahead and dug up a couple baseball memoibila cases and cut up some upholstery foam padding to help display the two pieces.

1eSx0Rk.jpg?1

I was also able to broker a deal with a coworker of mine for this beautiful microphone. A dated stainless steel mic on a cast iron base. It reminds me of the Rocketeer :cloud9:

Next up, some early AH! I love the Stargrazers covers, I buy these whenever I see them in the wild.

13z4vox.jpg

Yesssss! The Stargazers were the first AH books I owned, I remember seeing them on Mile High's newsletter and thinking to myself, who is this artist?? I was hooked ever since..

I love all of AH's older books, Maze Agency, Death hawk, JLA etc...

Nice to see Im not the only one!!!

Update!

hOmxVM0.jpg?1

A few months back I found the green stem Creature Pez dispenser at a flea market for $10.

Ever since that day I've been actively searching for the other Universal Monster Pez dispensers... There are a total of three, Creature, Frankenstein & Wolfman.

I haven't had any luck finding Frank or Wolfman. However, I discovered there are a few variants of the Creature. I did manage to pick up one of these variants. It's an orange stem green head Creature.

I also went ahead and dug up a couple baseball memoibila cases and cut up some upholstery foam padding to help display the two pieces.

1eSx0Rk.jpg?1

I was also able to broker a deal with a coworker of mine for this beautiful microphone. A dated stainless steel mic on a cast iron base. It reminds me of the Rocketeer :cloud9:

Nice score on the Creature Pez's. The Creature is the one in most demand. I have had all 3 different times but never kept them. Pez in general is a little softer than they once were except for these which also appeal to the monster guys.

That microphone is killer. Yeah, real Rocketeer looking. You said it was dated. What's the date?

Thanks Robot Man

Well, the boomerang base is 50's era I believe... The mic though has been a little tougher to pinpoint as there are a few variations of this model. Unfortunately, the plate that contains the serial & model number is missing. It could be late 40's... though I'd say it's more likely to be 50's as well. Without the plate though, it could even be from the 60's...

I plugged into an old amplifier today, it's going to need alittle cpr before it's fully functional. After the cpr I'm thinking about putting it to use on a old CB. It's a great radio microphone and it displays beautifully.