• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,848 posts in this topic

Anybody from the UK watching this thread? Just received an e-mail from AuctionZip about upcoming comic related auctions and there's a 54 book lot of 1970s Marvel and DC pence books in an August 26 auction (next Wednesday) in Beeston, Might be a gem or two in there....

No it was marked that it had the signature. I didn't even look at the rest of the stuff they had as I was so happy just buying this.

still pretty awesome -- did it come with a significant premium attached?

I am always hoping to stumble across a Kirby sig on a splash page of a book I buy. I know it happens occasionally. About the closest I came to a "surprise inside" (to use an old Cracker Jacks term) was finding a Bubbalicious insert that I never knew existed. That was more interesting than exciting.

Today's estate sale find. Box of comics for $10. Nothing spectacular, but will be a nice little eBay week. Weird box, spans about 35 years. I'll bet they just grabbed stuff and threw it all in the box.

Beware 1, 2

Conan 104 (highlight of my day - I have a long box full. Has a letter from 12 year old me in the letters page)

Daredevil 96

Defenders 50, 100

Detective 474 :applause: , 486

Famous Monsters of FIlmland 34-37

Harbinger 0/TPB sealed :acclaim:

Human Fly 1

Infinity Crusade 1, 3

Infinity Gauntlet 4-6

Magnus Robot Fighter (Valiant) 3

Marvel Milestone Edition Amazing Spider-Man 129

Marvel Milestone Edition Fantastic Four 1

Marvel Milestone Edition Giant Size X-Men 1

Marvel Spotlight (Star-Lord) 7 x2

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars 1

Micronauts 1

Movie Comics Lady and the Tramp (1963) 1

Mysteries of Unexplored Worlds (1960 Charlton) 17, 28, 2936, 39

New Mutants 18

Peanuts (1961) 9

Richard Dragon, Kung Fu Fighter 9

Rom 2, 3

Space War (1963 Charlton) 20

Showcase 63

Star Wars 39, 41

Summer Fun 54

3D Features Presents Jetpup 1

War Is Hell 13, 14

Warlock Chronicles 3

Western Kid 1

X-Men 164

Today I went to 2 places in morning ... one was a yard sale and another a local small flea market. I found many Whitham variants with Canadian price 75 cents (12 of them) and a few others. At flea market, I had found 5 old comics - all thriller/horror themes (Marvel and GK) which is nothing to say but fun to read.

Here are the Whitmans in photos:

image.jpg1_zps9uohcnn4.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsjxdko7jw.jpg

I was happy to find this stuff.

The Go-Bot's Command Center is complete and it still lights up and makes that horrible alarm noise. The Power Warrior is missing one missile. Both are in great shape.

The blue/red multipack interior book is The Champions #11 and the yellow/green one is Marvel Presents #9. All the books look like they would grade mid 9s. Never found a multipack in the wild before. Fun stuff.

IMG_0709_zpsg7nfsvrl.jpg

IMG_0712_zps5atxolnb.jpg

IMG_0714_zpsfclfoahq.jpg