• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,883 posts in this topic

Virginia antique mall was a bust. Flipped through long box after long box of 90s drek, half good for the recycle bin the other half way overpriced. I did manage to rescue a Pressman X-men #303 from a barren shortbox with 10 worthless books in it from some Coca Cola / Christmas memorabilia collectors display case.

gKChpudl.jpg

Very nice snag.

You guys are making me jealous.

These for $10 at a sidewalk flea market, not terrible. The Batman 1 has dings that don't show up in the scan (probably about a 5.0 or so), but I wound up netting $36.50 on it after shipping on a best offer that came in about 15 minutes after I listed it, but before fees, so I'm ok. The X-Force 8 is NM. UHg, Liefield's legs are just so horrendous, they should have hired an 8 year old to do the legs on all of his drawings, it would have been better. Also an X-Men Adventures 1, which I guess needs to be aged another 20 years.

batman1_zpsf6n4p5xc.jpg

xforce8_zpsgvqjbo0t.jpg

Edited by the blob

These for $10 at a sidewalk flea market, not terrible. The Batman 1 has dings that don't show up in the scan (probably about a 5.0 or so), but I wound up netting $36.50 on it after shipping on a best offer that came in about 15 minutes after I listed it, but before fees, so I'm ok. The X-Force 8 is NM. UHg, Liefield's legs are just so horrendous, they should have hired an 8 year old to do the legs on all of his drawings, it would have been better. Also an X-Men Adventures 1, which I guess needs to be aged another 20 years.

batman1_zpsf6n4p5xc.jpg

xforce8_zpsgvqjbo0t.jpg

Nice Grab on the Batman.

X-Force 8 is a thing?

batman1_zpsf6n4p5xc.jpg

xforce8_zpsgvqjbo0t.jpg

Nice Grab on the Batman.

X-Force 8 is a thing?

1st domino could be a thing at some point. Wait til she's cast, hopefully by someone famous and attractive, and sell sell sell.

Bought this collection for £150 ($210 ish) yesterday. About 2,000 comics.

Comics were stuffed into four huge plastic tubs and a further card box

This is one of those collections where the comics are generally well read, unbagged and in terrible stored condition, so when I say "stuffed" I mean it! However.... it's rare that you spot a modern key right at the top of a box!

DSCF0224_zpsf90rsisl.jpg

...and it has yielded these so far

DSCF0254_zpsndsi2boi.jpg

So not so bad!

In addition, 99% Marvel & DC, and all big titles

No infestation of Image or Malibu you tend to normally get

Great job.

A nice find this weekend....

450 book Original Owner untouched for over 30 years.

Stored in cardboard boxes unbagged unboarded but well cared for.

Also had some batman 66 cards, monster cards, green hornet, and '66 marvel cards.

Lots of nice 12-15 cent marvel runs...some nice keys like cap 117(x2), surfer 1, FF 48,55,66,67, Thor 134, 158, 165,166 dr strange 169, MSH 12-20,hulk 102, tos, tta, IM, DD, and others :-)

A few DC's too

161605.jpg.67fb94495f4c431792b552dc1c607ce4.jpg

161606.jpg.a78db2d3992e2da759067f9743612ed6.jpg

Edited by comicdey

No, not really, but I am pairing it up with #11 (the other "first" domino) and hoping someone goes for it. Cost me a buck. I'm cool either way.

Best thing about X-Force 8 is the all Mignola interior. :cloud9:

The pair sold! (For $17 after shipping, not terrible)

Also had some batman 66 cards, monster cards, green hornet, and '66 marvel cards.

Lots of nice 12-15 cent marvel runs...some nice keys like cap 117(x2), surfer 1, FF 48,55,66,67, Thor 134, 158, 165,166 dr strange 169, MSH 12-20,hulk 102, tos, tta, IM, DD, and others :-)

A few DC's too

:applause:

I kind of hate you, but just in a jealous kind of way. I never stumble on any motherload!!

450 comics isn't a motherlode but maybe a babyload.

We can't all be Donut or October or (whoever) and find a guy with a van full of SA comics ready to unload for cover price.

OK, having received a private e-viewing of said babyload, there is a lot of good stuff in there, probably nothing that makes your head explode, but nice volume on a fair number of likely triple digit (or close to) books

I kind of hate you, but just in a jealous kind of way. I never stumble on any motherload!!

We can't all be Donut or October or (whoever) and find a guy with a van full of SA comics ready to unload for cover price.

To be fair, a lot of people put in a LOT of legwork into getting 'lucky' with these comic finds. Of course, sometimes people get lucky too.

Also, I'm guessing the best stories will never be told... I know I'll never tell mine...(and no, I didn't bilk an old widow or anything).

To be fair, a lot of people put in a LOT of legwork into getting 'lucky' with these comic finds. Of course, sometimes people get lucky too.

Also, I'm guessing the best stories will never be told... I know I'll never tell mine...(and no, I didn't bilk an old widow or anything).

Here's the key:

1) Always be on the lookout. Always. You never know.

2) Let all of your relatives and friends know that you're always on the lookout. All of my cousins across the country know to call me if they see comics anywhere.

3) Don't be a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed to people. Douchiness tends to radiate to muggles.

4) Offer a fair price.

5) Have cash.

6) Buy it all. Don't offer to cherry pick.

7) Be very very very ready to bail. If the seller's asking price is ludicrous, smile nicely, say "thank you for your time" and pack up your stuff. You're only out your time, and you will be amazed how quickly that ludicrous price comes down.

A few DC's too

Nice :applause: very jealous

Here's the key:

2) Let all of your relatives and friends know that you're always on the lookout. All of my cousins across the country know to call me if they see comics anywhere.

3) Don't be a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed to people. Douchiness tends to radiate to muggles.

4) Offer a fair price.

5) Have cash.

7) Be very very very ready to bail. If the seller's asking price is ludicrous, smile nicely, say "thank you for your time" and pack up your stuff. You're only out your time, and you will be amazed how quickly that ludicrous price comes down.

Good advice, while I don't buy many collections. I always look and put out feelers.

Here's the key:

4) Offer a fair price.

5) Have cash.

This X 1000