• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Went to 2 "comic book garage sales" today and picked ALL of these up for under $40 :o28a8aoh.jpg

j0fo6d.jpg

Spent a **bit** more but got a great deal on these, too (worship)

2eewzlu.jpg

Anyone in Ohio? If so, my friend i bought a lot of this from will have a booth at NEO con in Strongsville, OH 8/14 with a huge selection. :)

There were about 6 copies in the box. All of them were un bagged so I took the two best looking copies. I hadn't realized until I got home

You have three double cover copies so far. I think you have a lucky charm.

I think I just buy a lot of books

Went to 2 "comic book garage sales" today and picked ALL of these up for under $40 :o28a8aoh.jpg

j0fo6d.jpg

Spent a **bit** more but got a great deal on these, too (worship)

2eewzlu.jpg

Anyone in Ohio? If so, my friend i bought a lot of this from will have a booth at NEO con in Strongsville, OH 8/14 with a huge selection. :)

Great Haul my friend!!! Especially happy you got that Batman:HQ nn if I am not mistaken that is Harley 1st app in DCU continuity

There were about 6 copies in the box. All of them were un bagged so I took the two best looking copies. I hadn't realized until I got home

You have three double cover copies so far. I think you have a lucky charm.

I think I just buy a lot of books

I do the same thing but zero so far. I asked myself how did you do that?

You have got to be able to make your money back on the early stuff, particularly if they have neat covers. 70s sci fi might be a tougher sell.

I figure it was a decent gamble, and if I can't make my money back, oh well....I lose $5 or something. Plus there are decent copies of Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land" and William Gibson's "Neuromancer," which I was planning on reacquiring and rereading. Lots of other potentially good reading with the other books too, of course. It's fun going through them and reading the story highlights on the back covers.

Found a local moving sale that advertised comics. I didn't make it there for the first day, but got there when they opened on day two. A large plastic bins with unbagged comics and crumpled newspaper to pack them didn't look too promising. More than half of them were Archie / Richie Rich from the 70's in poor shape and some Batman/Superman missing covers. Last section of the box had all of these - in surprisingly good shape. Paid $2 each for the Superboys and 25 cents for the others - including the Phantom Stranger that's a 7.0/8.0! A couple of books in French - including the Superman & Batman one - but these were all in above average shape.

Someone else went through the books and bought $200 worth from them the day before - wonder what I missed out on? They had some random books priced over $20 (early bronze Batman in poor condition, Daredevil #53) - so their pricing was a bit strange.

CpqTQomWEAAKNqX.jpg

CpqTOIAWIAAMrch.jpg