• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

including the Phantom Stranger that's a 7.0/8.0!

You probably already know this, but that's not a Phantom Stranger issue. It's Showcase 80....which is a good thing as it's the first appearance of PS in the Silver Age. Nice buy for a quarter!

I am alone with the kids saturday. I am going to drive around (with them whining in the back seat) and check out every local yard sale, something I can NEVER do when the wife is around!

I went to an estate sale for comics (they had sold most of them by the time I got there)

I came home with this

AF6E34BD-2B31-46AA-B0F2-95FFE027CE6B_zpsmhgtwezj.jpg

CEB99113-FD16-4B7C-B8B6-1BA077678FBD_zpskiz3sc56.jpg

lots of loose parts

19631C9B-79F2-4434-A452-DDC8E1D2B001_zpsb3r2eafe.jpg

AEB259C8-CD9D-4092-8BCC-07B0CC635EA0_zps0btjx68j.jpg

and this blu-ray box set for $3

7E687AC8-49CD-4780-8F6B-5B8F8375694B_zpsudzh9clf.jpg

Cool purchase.

He-man used to be my most common find. But that has completely flip-flopped the last 3-4 years.

Last one was from some random lady that shipped me a box of unknowns for cheap (from Boston). Had Scareglow, black face Grizzlor, Saurod, Ninjor, and a bunch of others. All in great shape; Ninjor even had all of his accessories.

I'm not a big fan of the vintage movie He-man characters, but having Saurod in my hand changed my mind. It's that dumb Gwildor!

Patrick

Went to a Value Village for the first time in years, managed to sniff out the only comic-related item in the entire place, amongst a bunch of weird books on a bottom shelf labelled "humour".

First print as well. Looks like I got something to read tonight!

cdXp1nyl.jpg

I love going to yard sales but my schedule has not allowed me to go to any for a few weeks. Went to two today that advertised comics. The first one said someone just came and bought all the comics he had. I was there 4 minutes after opening. This happens to me all the time.

But, we talked for a while and I dug through his boxes of science fiction novels. I found these beauties at the bottom of the box, apparently unread.

Batman: the Dark Knight Returns 10th Anniversary Hardcover Slipcase. Includes slipcase, hardcover, 3 -script TPBs, and 2 prints. The hardcover is signed and numbered.

YardSale-2016-08-13-hardcovers-a-thumb.jpg

YardSale-2016-08-13-hardcovers-b-thumb.jpg

Sin City: That Yellow Hardcover Slipcase. Signed and numbered.

YardSale-2016-08-13-hardcovers-c-thumb.jpg

Used a spoiler tag for some nudity

YardSale-2016-08-13-hardcovers-d-thumb.jpg

Sin City: Family Values Hardcover Slipcase. Signed and numbered.

YardSale-2016-08-13-hardcovers-e-thumb.jpg

Used a spoiler tag for some nudity

YardSale-2016-08-13-hardcovers-f-thumb.jpg

I love going to yard sales but my schedule has not allowed me to go to any for a few weeks. Went to two today that advertised comics. The first one said someone just came and bought all the comics he had. I was there 4 minutes after opening. This happens to me all the time.

I wonder how many people pull the "can't come tomorrow morning because of wedding/sports practice/other event, but can I see them the night before?" I was first to a garage sale a couple of weeks ago, and the owner had sold an Amazing Spidey 3 for $200 the night before. Fortunately, he still had plenty of VG copies of late 90's Spider-Man spinoffs for $4 each... :sick:

I went to an estate sale for comics (they had sold most of them by the time I got there)

I came home with this

AF6E34BD-2B31-46AA-B0F2-95FFE027CE6B_zpsmhgtwezj.jpg

CEB99113-FD16-4B7C-B8B6-1BA077678FBD_zpskiz3sc56.jpg

lots of loose parts

19631C9B-79F2-4434-A452-DDC8E1D2B001_zpsb3r2eafe.jpg

AEB259C8-CD9D-4092-8BCC-07B0CC635EA0_zps0btjx68j.jpg

and this blu-ray box set for $3

7E687AC8-49CD-4780-8F6B-5B8F8375694B_zpsudzh9clf.jpg

Are you selling any of them?

I am intrested in the Lone Ranger figs?

Couple more things that I found today. On top of finding the last piece of the armor for that Jetfire transformer.

A32B468F-797F-4CE7-86DC-083921FD03B9_zpsq9tczh3v.jpg

Some 80's or early 90's TMNT figures. I don't remember when I got them. And I don't recall when I came across the Magneto & I'm definitely not sure who that green guy was. I think it was like Silverhawks or something?

Local auction house - very happy!

Golden Age Australian Blondie, Millie The Model etc

Newton Comics FF #9 (#12 USA) - inc posters

Full set of X-Factor Magazine, in mint condition mostly

Loads of 1960 - 1980's Girls annuals (sell really well to UK and Europe) - 2 boxes not shown, about 80 in all.

Avengers #17 in a box chock full of 1960's Disney and 1970's Harvey etc.

Quantity of 1960's USA/Australian Comics

Large batch of Australian Royal Show 1970 reprints (Rhino Beresford, Shadow, Felix etc)

Pile of Elvis Presley Magazines and many other items inc some uber-hip British Silver Seal Leather Jackets - retro chic! (My 22 yr old son has claimed them already :censored: )

Few pics.....

M10a_zps456dsi8z.png

m10b_zpsejmuxmqb.png

m10c_zpszl0ppvz5.png

Total Cost $190 USD (approx.)

I went to a local auction Wednesday night and bought a couple boxes of misc. children's type books and there were several adult coloring books from 1970s San Francisco publishers including:

xksygl.jpg

14bnhao.jpg

The Miller's Tale has some great Shelton art.

exactly what you need with a show less than a week away -

more books to process.....

7D4D4EB2-20B9-468D-AC18-79F7B35F8AC9.jpg

about 9 longboxes total... and i need to at least run through them quick tonight - seller has more (including a NM98) - that I am going to see about tomorrow.....

more pics coming......