• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

I've been doing some reading up on Megos since I picked these up, and have discovered that my Falcon has Planet of the Apes hands. Now that I know this, I can't unsee it, and I find it a bit disturbing.

put Captain America's gloves on him. problem solved

:acclaim:

I've been doing some reading up on Megos since I picked these up, and have discovered that my Falcon has Planet of the Apes hands. Now that I know this, I can't unsee it, and I find it a bit disturbing.

All Mego Falcons have Ape hands, one explanation I'd heard years ago was that the Apes line didn't sell as well as expected and Mego used the returned / overstock bodies for Falcons

put Captain America's gloves on him. problem solved

:acclaim:

Good idea, I don't think Cap is supposed to have those gloves anyways!

All Mego Falcons have Ape hands, one explanation I'd heard years ago was that the Apes line didn't sell as well as expected and Mego used the returned / overstock bodies for Falcons

I think that using pre existing molds for parts was a common thing and a cost saver for toy companies. Just like how the 1991 Robin Hood Kenner figure line was all reused star wars figure molds.

I think that using pre existing molds for parts was a common thing and a cost saver for toy companies. Just like how the 1991 Robin Hood Kenner figure line was all reused star wars figure molds.

Mego definitely did that with The Lizard / Gorn figure, but it would've taken zero effort and cost to make brown hands and bodies for Falcon with the mold they used for the entire line.

Check out the Costner Robin Hood Kenner figure, it's a Super Powers Green Arrow body mold, "G" on the belt even

Well, rather predictably, the collector bug has bit again, so I ran back out to the antique mall to pick up a couple more Megos. He also has a really sharp complete Batgirl as well as a less sharp Aquaman and Catwoman (missing her gloves), but they're priced out of my range of interest. Can pick those up cheaper on eBay. But these two hit the sweet spot, and I figured "what the hell" and picked up a bag of random costumes. Figured I could sell those.

16j0npw.jpg

Hello - love this thread

I haven't found much of anything but do have a Craigslist buy add out so I did look at some books at a guy's storage shed recently - I was not expecting much and was right. I pulled out a ~ 10 books worth perhaps $3 - 5 each and told him the rest were for charity. He essentially then asked for any offer for that small stack so I bought them.

The two 'best' items were

1. A "Marvel Madness" Back Issue fun pack - 4 books shrink wrapped with a light blue sticker than says $2.00 and has a code 6-2-164. I felt this was the best thing he had as the top book was a The Infinity Gauntlet 3 and like the other commons looks like a 9.4.

2. A reading copy of Legends 3

If anyone knows anything much about the "Marvel madness" 4 pack, please reply or PM me

Mark

1. A "Marvel Madness" Back Issue fun pack - 4 books shrink wrapped with a light blue sticker than says $2.00 and has a code 6-2-164. I felt this was the best thing he had as the top book was a The Infinity Gauntlet 3 and like the other commons looks like a 9.4.

No pic of the 4 pack?

Did a lot of hunting during the holiday weekend, but didn't turn up a lot (except I bought a ton of blu rays, but that's for a different forum!)

Lo and behold, a trip to HPB 20% off sale yielded a more-interesting-than-usual result. I realize mid grade common TTA's aren't going to set the world on fire, but for around $5 each I thought they were nice. I dig the date stamps and marks on the books. I also picked up a Wolverine Origins 10 and some Turner Supergirls for a buck each, not pictured because who cares?

5136g9.jpg

28bfs3m.jpg

2l6fx1.jpg

zocgf7.jpg