• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,869 posts in this topic

On 11/13/2022 at 12:50 PM, PopKulture said:

I picked these 50’s comics up at a local antique show. These were reasonably priced; the other guys with comics were all priced at retail. I’m happy with these, and wonder what I missed, as it was a bit later in the show.

As much as I like this vintage of comics, I'm equally or more excited by the junque in the second photo. You never find early auto mags like these Motor Age issues from 1907 and 1908, and while I’m probably the only sucker who’d buy that Bozo 78-rpm record set, I’m thrilled to be the sucker that bought that Frank “Bring ‘Em Back Alive” Buck pencil case!  :takeit:

A60A7DC5-F372-46F3-AFB6-FE20E7B858B8.jpeg

2400DDE6-FC5C-4489-9303-441B9E6F2754.jpeg

I’m sure I would pass on that Bozo record. He always kind of creeped me out as a kid. But I would’ve been all over those  Motor Age mags. 1907 is EARLY when you are talking automobiles. Would love to thumb through those.

Better enjoy those flea markets. I suspect those Chicago winters are going to shut them down soon…

Edited by Robot Man

On 11/13/2022 at 5:57 PM, Robot Man said:

I’m sure I would pass on that Bozo record. He always kind of creeped me out as a kid. But I would’ve been all over those  Motor Age mags. 1907 is EARLY when you are talking automobiles. Would love to thumb through those.

Better enjoy those flea markets. I suspect those Chicago winters are going to shut them down soon…

Yeah, I was pretty amazed to see those Motor Age mags. When I was in college, I would always wander the stacks where the endless bound volumes were stored and pull out random tomes like Ariel Age, Scientific American, etc. They had it all - from automotive trade journals to farming to aviation to printing and so on. 

As for the poopy Chicago area winters, - yeah, mostly it'll be indoor shows for a while, and too many of them not worth going to unless you just want to hang out and talk to dealer friends and hear stories. It does make March all that more exciting, however. :acclaim:

On 11/13/2022 at 5:57 PM, PopKulture said:

Yeah, I was pretty amazed to see those Motor Age mags. When I was in college, I would always wander the stacks where the endless bound volumes were stored and pull out random tomes like Ariel Age, Scientific American, etc. They had it all - from automotive trade journals to farming to aviation to printing and so on. 

As for the poopy Chicago area winters, - yeah, mostly it'll be indoor shows for a while, and too many of them not worth going to unless you just want to hang out and talk to dealer friends and hear stories. It does make March all that more exciting, however. :acclaim:

I consider myself lucky. We have big flea markets every weekend. Being on the West Coast, they go on all year long baring rain. Although, it’s getting to the point now that I have to wear shoes, socks and a jacket…:sorry:

On 11/15/2022 at 9:19 PM, Beige said:

Not really a fan, but 300 VFN /NM Superman books for $200 seemed silly to pass up.

No real keys of course, but enough $20 books to cover the purchase price leaving the rest for bulk gravy.

Ebay store fill-fodder until I get something better.

IMG_20221115_121302_288.thumb.jpg.5e921f55140d6691900d388567e05ec2.jpg

I'm glad you found something seemingly worth it though, as it looks like work! I've also heard in the modern forum, that when new stuff seems to frequently go up for sale, that other sales seem to happen.

Bit of a run on sentence, but I'm glad it suited you! Hobbies are complicated sometimes lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/16/2022 at 2:25 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm glad you found something seemingly worth it though, as it looks like work! I've also heard in the modern forum, that when new stuff seems to frequently go up for sale, that other sales seem to happen.

Bit of a run on sentence, but I'm glad it suited you! Hobbies are complicated sometimes lol

It's not easy tbh - but I have paid for 1500 store spaces, so I may as well fill them!

The Hank Henshaw / Cyborg Superman books + Flex Mentallo, Bloodshot , Krypto, anniversary issues get me my money back, so sell the rest in blocks of 5 or 10.

2 scans per listing and done.

Templates are set up, so it's not that bad. I wouldn't want to do 3000 of these but 300 probably only equals 40 - 50 listings.

Gotta pay for my keeper books somehow...

You are correct 100% - new stock = new eyes = more sales.

(thumbsu:foryou:

On 11/16/2022 at 2:19 PM, Beige said:

Not really a fan, but 300 VFN /NM Superman books for $200 seemed silly to pass up.

No real keys of course, but enough $20 books to cover the purchase price leaving the rest for bulk gravy.

Ebay store fill-fodder until I get something better.

IMG_20221115_121302_288.thumb.jpg.5e921f55140d6691900d388567e05ec2.jpg

Actually turned out to be 476 comics in the end for the $200

Already sold 15 comics for $65. Filler stuff on your ebay store can be a pain to list, but it sells if you price it right, and if you get yourself set up properly in advance, it isn't too painful.

Better than having empty spots I guess. Plus it's my hobby - pretty much my only one until the World Cup starts, and the AFL comes back in March.

On 11/20/2022 at 6:52 PM, Robot Man said:

Great day at the flea market today. A Matt Baker romance book and a cool, large 1950’s motorcycle for my collection. One of my dealer friends told me to look in a box in his van. A ton of 1st print undergrounds and some cool old children’s character books. I told him the best I could what they were worth and made him a good offer on a pile I wanted. I was pleasently clueless on the 1st print Bijou #1. I think he might have had a 1st print Zap #1. I told him to pull it out and maybe auction it. He was very happy and so was I. Pays to be honest with dealers. I even got a nice spinner rack from another guy. Well worth getting up for. 

F3142237-A4CA-4D13-8CE1-959FFF65F8CB.jpeg

JM&J Bob - nothing like finding a Wartime Romances 17 among the fleas.

On 11/21/2022 at 6:20 AM, Namtak said:

Found 3 10 centers canadian édition!at flea market in Montréal,just a fun find ill keep for sure loves those books.like the bugs bunny fighting a kangaroo cover!

20221120_153820.jpg

20221120_153831.jpg

20221120_153841.jpg

20221120_153849.jpg

Very cool. I don’t think I have ever run across any Canada Dells. 

Few cheap autograph card finds in fleamarket .quite happy with it!

The korso card-john tui was one of the best power rangers of all generations,in spd!plus the qarren trawler card the actor now plays darth vader as a double in obi wan kenobi show!20221127_133359.jpg

2022_Brandon_John-Tui_SPD.jpg

FB_IMG_1669650489475.jpg

Edited by Namtak