• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whitman appreciation and information thread
10 10

315 posts in this topic

I managed to pick up 2 more Whitman issues today that are considered "scarce" - Donald Duck #225 and Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #484. Found them at an antique mall in Lena, Illinois.

I managed to pick up 2 more Whitman issues today that are considered "scarce" - Donald Duck #225 and Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #484. Found them at an antique mall in Lena, Illinois.

:applause:

:applause:

I was wrong on these. It ends up that both are just considered "uncommon". These issues under the price variants ARE considered scarce though. Doesn't matter... they're still worth a lot more than I paid for them. :)

Here are some of the rarer ones.

Folks, we now have one of the most knowledgeable Whitman collectors posting in this thread. (thumbs u (worship)

Are you coming to the show at the Mayfield Hotel this Sunday? :hi:

Anyone have this one? I can't find a listing for it in the Overstreet.

PeterPan1.jpg

Give ya a quarter.

It might be under Walt Disney's Peter Pan or something like that? I know the Cinderella issue I bought for my daughter had a weird name like that.

Anyone have this one? I can't find a listing for it in the Overstreet.

PeterPan1.jpg

That particular issue is considered scarce. The 75 cent price variant for that same issue is considered rare.

Here's a link to Doug Sulipa's website listing those issue which are rare, scarce and uncommon:

Doug Sulipa's Whitman Comics Page