• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,897 posts in this topic

On 6/18/2022 at 8:23 PM, F For Fake said:

$2728

Holy smokes 

Holy Smokes, is right!  I didn't see that coming.  

So there's one data point.  Maybe we'll see more copies come out now or maybe it'll be another few years until we see another.  It'll be interesting to see.

On 6/18/2022 at 9:51 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Holy Smokes, is right!  I didn't see that coming.  

So there's one data point.  Maybe we'll see more copies come out now or maybe it'll be another few years until we see another.  It'll be interesting to see.

For sure! I’d think that would be enough incentive for someone to put their copy up, but I wonder just how many copies are out there to begin with? 

On 6/21/2022 at 3:22 PM, Jeffreykli said:

Wow; I'm truly shocked at the final price. I have a signed copy that I picked up 5+ years ago. I'll try to post a pic when I get home and can dig it out. 

It's very tough to find since it's essentially a Playboy back issue price guide/catalog. Obviously a fantastic cover, though.

Signed by Dave?  :whatthe:

^^

On 6/21/2022 at 4:22 PM, Jeffreykli said:

Wow; I'm truly shocked at the final price. I have a signed copy that I picked up 5+ years ago. I'll try to post a pic when I get home and can dig it out. 

It's very tough to find since it's essentially a Playboy back issue price guide/catalog. Obviously a fantastic cover, though.

Can’t wait to see it, that is too cool! I only have a few Dave sigs, two prints I bought from him that he signed for me, and another print that was Pre-signed. Really wish I’d gotten more signed when I had the chance, but who knew he’d be gone so soon. :(

Glad I at least got to meet him and tell him what his stuff meant to me. RIP to the best.

On 6/21/2022 at 5:02 PM, F For Fake said:

Can’t wait to see it, that is too cool! I only have a few Dave sigs, two prints I bought from him that he signed for me, and another print that was Pre-signed. Really wish I’d gotten more signed when I had the chance, but who knew he’d be gone so soon. :(

Glad I at least got to meet him and tell him what his stuff meant to me. RIP to the best.

You're description of Stevens when I first joined these boards got me interested, and you are the 1st book in my gallery order (alphabetical) shout out, currently, in my registry. So kudos!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Long story to say I'm just glad I got what I could if prices on the rare stuff is now. :cry:

Did anyone post the final hammer price?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I remember the LCS had one on Facebook live feed sometime this year, I remember vause when he put it up, he said something like, "not sure how to price this, dont see it often, yadda yadda!"

I tend to think that LCS uses those tems sparingly, but I want to say the price was $600.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/21/2022 at 9:42 PM, Jeffreykli said:

While I'm at it, here's another great Stevens cover that you don't see everyday:

image.thumb.jpeg.50d881ed068d99510685bd22cb8b2f6a.jpeg

Still trying to upgrade to a 9.8 on this one. So, thanks for posting pics on the contents of the Back Issues catalog!

Edited by deadleg

On 6/28/2022 at 9:52 PM, jdandns said:

From the Freedonia Funnyworks (a long gone comic store in California) 10th Anniversary card set issued in 1992, here's Dave's card. These have red foil accents and look sharp in person. 1,200 sets were sold with the proceeds going to charity. Other artists featured included Matt Wagner, Geof Darrow, Frank Miller, and Mike Mignola with a very early published Hellboy image.

stevensFF.jpg

stevensFFb.jpg

Awesome!!! Classic Dave.Been chasing one of these for awhile.Always seem to be about half a day late.