• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

Indeed. Wayne-Tec is back in the pre-Robin club. He has a Tec 36 of which he will own and treasure. Look for it on eBay in 30 days.

Don't be silly, it's already up for sale in for sale thread!!!

doh!

And to think, another board member was trying for it before it was snagged

Indeed. Wayne-Tec is back in the pre-Robin club. He has a Tec 36 of which he will own and treasure. Look for it on eBay in 30 days.

doh!

should sell it to them for what he paid lol

I place 29 further down the line. Cover doesnt do it for me.

You're right. The cover sucks.

Ahem.

tec29.jpg

Bullchit, this is my fave bat cover complete with a full moon, bats, and an a**-kicking encore!

Sweet. But there was a cover swipe of 29. Tec 227 is a swipe of 31. Sorry but 31's cover is tops in my books. In 29 we hardly see him swooping in. His nemesis even takes moee space on the cover lol

Yeah. With his weird cowl, non existent neck and weird neck. We see the mad scentist alot better!

Jk aside. My fav covers are tec27 and 31 tied close second 29 then 33. 35 hasnt grown on me yet but i like the scarcity of it.

if you can't see the big black bat swoopng in you can borrow my eyes.. lol

Ahem.

tec29.jpg

Bullchit, this is my fave bat cover complete with a full moon, bats, and an a**-kicking encore!

I'm with you! I love it. :grin:

doh!

I don't mind the humorous jabs -- I understand the point of view.

Nevertheless, I'll do my best to explain.

I purchased the book well under FMV after the original poster expressed some hesitation (thinking he may want to hold off for a higher graded copy) and after I discovered that no one had put the book on hold or made any commitment. Taking that into consideration, I had no hesitation so I made the move to purchase the book. I did not have any intentions of flipping it -- as a matter of fact, a few board members had PM'd be shortly after the purchase to see if I had any interest in selling and that if I ever decided to let the book go, to keep them in mind. My opinion has always been that anyone is welcome to make me an offer, but the intention here was to hold onto the book.

I even contacted the board member who originally posted about the Tec #36 to apologize. I never intended to display poor board etiquette, I just went after a book that was available on the open market to anyone. If that reflects poorly on me, I'm more than willing to own up to it and take it on my shoulders. But if you ask anyone who has ever bought, sold or traded with me -- I'm confident that they will attest to my character, reliability and respect for the hobby as a whole.

Another opportunity presented itself and I committed to purchasing another major book. In order to fund this purchase, I have no choice but to let the Tec #36 go. It's not that I want to sell it and it's not that my intention was to make a quick buck but rather -- I'll need every dollar to go towards my current purchase. It is because of that that I'm looking to sell the book around FMV. Detective Comics #37 in CGC 1.0 has sold for over $1,700 all the way back in 2010. Detective Comics #36 guides for more, sells for more and is tougher to come by in a CGC blue label.

So again, the only reason it is available is to fund a future purchase -- such is life sometimes even though I'm sure we'd all like to hold onto all of the books we pick up.

I need mt set back!>!>
well, $45k and you have your 31...$25k and you have your 3.5 back... :grin:
:sick:

I'm feeling you too :sick: Need to drink more..

You could look at the bright side and be thankful your not me!!!!! If I shoot myself

at least you are well on your way at recovering them all :applause:

doh!

I purchased the book well under FMV after the original poster expressed some hesitation (thinking he may want to hold off for a higher graded copy) and after I discovered that no one had put the book on hold or made any commitment. Taking that into consideration, I had no hesitation so I made the move to purchase the book. I did not have any intentions of flipping it -- as a matter of fact, a few board members had PM'd be shortly after the purchase to see if I had any interest in selling and that if I ever decided to let the book go, to keep them in mind. My opinion has always been that anyone is welcome to make me an offer, but the intention here was to hold onto the book.

I even contacted the board member who originally posted about the Tec #36 to apologize. I never intended to display poor board etiquette, I just went after a book that was available on the open market to anyone. If that reflects poorly on me, I'm more than willing to own up to it and take it on my shoulders. But if you ask anyone who has ever bought, sold or traded with me -- I'm confident that they will attest to my character, reliability and respect for the hobby as a whole.

Another opportunity presented itself and I committed to purchasing another major book. In order to fund this purchase, I have no choice but to let the Tec #36 go. It's not that I want to sell it and it's not that my intention was to make a quick buck but rather -- I'll need every dollar to go towards my current purchase. It is because of that that I'm looking to sell the book around FMV. Detective Comics #37 in CGC 1.0 has sold for over $1,700 all the way back in 2010. Detective Comics #36 guides for more, sells for more and is tougher to come by in a CGC blue label.

So again, the only reason it is available is to fund a future purchase -- such is life sometimes even though I'm sure we'd all like to hold onto all of the books we pick up.

(thumbs u :preach:

I need mt set back!>!>

You could look at the bright side and be thankful your not me!!!!! If I shoot myself

Probably at the cost of my marriage. One left...need a 31

doh!

I understand your POV and agree that because the previous interested party didn't ask the original seller to hold the book to purchase that it would be open to anyone to buy the book straight up. The one thing here we are all confused about is that everytime you make a big purchase, you only hold on to it for a week or so to get another "grail" book. When will you actually keep a book and hold on to it as a collector?

I need mt set back!>!>

Probably at the cost of my marriage. :o

One left...need a 31

:whistle:

Ahem.

tec29.jpg

I'm with you! I love it. :grin:

I don't know which I love more, 29 or 31. I'd love to have a copy of both.