• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

by the way, that 'Tec 31 4.0 on ComicConnect has now been bid up to 35,000.

I noticed that....I thought that would be close to making the sale.

For some reason, I can't find this listing.

by the way, that 'Tec 31 4.0 on ComicConnect has now been bid up to 35,000.

I noticed that....I thought that would be close to making the sale.

For some reason, I can't find this listing.

ComicConnect buy it now, not auction.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=451023

Thanks, :)

Wow I forgot how amazing that book looks

i have been waiting to see that copy. Census showed a new copy last month so now we all can see it. It will be interesting to watch for sure :popcorn:

Definetly!

It will be interesting to see since no copy over 5.5 has sold via gpa data. Highest lone grded being an 8.0. Last 4.0 sale via ebay sparkle city was for 26k and it was dark knight's copy. That was in nov 2011( should have sold for at least 30k imho) now its on comicconnect with a 35k offer but no sale. Also a 1.5 sold in buy it now on ebay? At 24,995!

So i think this copy will go between 30k to 40k anf more likely at 35k.

Seems like tec31 is the best pre robin after 27 and ahead of 29.

A big sale of a high grade copy would be very interesting to see also.

This 4.0 might even go slightly north of 40k since it seems it about over 10k a grade point in unrestored.

There have been 2 private sales of tec 31s that have been 80k+

But a 4.0 at 30k would be surprising. Yeah I see a 35k offer on the cc 4.0 but it is not a sale so until one sells a 4.0 is a 30k book max, imo

But a 4.0 at 30k would be surprising. Yeah I see a 35k offer on the cc 4.0 but it is not a sale so until one sells a 4.0 is a 30k book max, imo

Thanks for the info. Did not know about the two private sales. What grade where they?

Thanks for the info. Did not know about the two private sales. What grade where they?

Unfortunately the owners wish to keep that info private :sorry:

Can anyone confirm that the 1.5 actually sold for 25 k on eBay? My gut is that there is a growing hunger for these Pre-robins that goes well outside the incredibly knowledgeable collectors on these boards and they are paying higher prices for them. This tec 31 is a good example (if the sale is real). The tec 36 4.5 in the last heritage went for a little over 10k, which seems like a new high price. If a lower grade (.5-2.5) tec 35 or tec 31 blue label went to auction, I think people would go nuts.

My gut is that there is a growing hunger for these Pre-robins that goes well outside the incredibly knowledgeable collectors on these boards and they are paying higher prices for them.

It's an interesting question. I don't know the answer, though. We might be seeing a spike or perhaps the market top is yet to come.

I can't wait for a book to show up in the mail, though, so I can post it to this thread. :)

Can anyone tell me if buying a Detective Comics #36 in CGC 1.0 grade is worth it at $1,200? The cover has some major tears, but the book is universal grade and complete.

I'm new to the pre-Robin Detectives and would like to start looking at getting some soon. Some sagely advice would be appreciated from fellow pre-robin Detective collectors.

Thanks! :)

Can anyone tell me if buying a Detective Comics #36 in CGC 1.0 grade is worth it at $1,200? The cover has some major tears, but the book is universal grade and complete.

I'm new to the pre-Robin Detectives and would like to start looking at getting some soon. Some sagely advice would be appreciated from fellow pre-robin Detective collectors.

Price is a lil high....please give me this persons number, ill buy it so no one else gets it

Price is a lil high....please give me this persons number, ill buy it so no one else gets it

I do see the book you're looking at. It's a rather beat up copy, but if you're comparing to other recent sale prices, I think that's about fair. (thumbs u