• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

Well according to CGC tape isn't considered restoration. I'd be happy just to get an affordable pre-Robin Tec and if the tape bothers some people than I'll have a better shot at getting an unrestored Pre-Robin Tec! EJR

If tape was used to improve the grade, is it really unrestored?

I thought it depended totally on the type of tape which was being used.

If it is just regular adhesive tape which is seriously damaging when used on comic books, then it is considered to be unrestored and given a blue label. If it is archival tape which contains no harmful plasticizers, is totally reversible, and does absolutely no damage to the underlying comic books themselves, then it is considered to be restoration and given the PLOD. hm:screwy:

this just in...my ultimate grail. it's a beautiful book and looks just amazing in person. a special thanks to rockman/Mike for allowing me to be the owner of this. i apologize in advance for spamming this one like crazy since it is my favorite book in my collection. i may just keep posting it everyday until you kick me off the boards.

129257.jpg.e52b0a994504493f244fb01fc1082e90.jpg

this just in...my ultimate grail. it's a beautiful book and looks just amazing in person. a special thanks to rockman/Mike for allowing me to be the owner of this. i apologize in advance for spamming this one like crazy since it is my favorite book in my collection. i may just keep posting it everyday until you kick me off the boards.

:whatthe:

Congratulations on a great book.

:applause:

Awesome awesome pick up! The cover looks Amazing! :applause::applause:

Huge kudos hoarder, great snag!

Awesome awesome pick up! The cover looks Amazing! :applause::applause:

Huge kudos hoarder, great snag!

What he said. :applause:

congrats, well done

(thumbs u

Congrats man! A great purchase at that! The more I see a Tec 31 book, the more I miss my copy
Get it back for $45k

Shoot me :insane:

It's a great book, but I'm really surprised that 35k didn't take it home. Somebody's shooting for the moon (which is better than somebody shooting you!).

Congrats man! A great purchase at that! The more I see a Tec 31 book, the more I miss my copy
Get it back for $45k

Shoot me :insane:

It's a great book, but I'm really surprised that 35k didn't take it home. Somebody's shooting for the moon (which is better than somebody shooting you!).

Dark knight's 4.0 looks great and sold during a soft period on ebay back in novemeber 2011. But it was great that he got his grail af15 the sacfice was worth it. I thougt it was at that ti e a 30k plus book. So in today's market 35k + is not unreasonable. its like 2.0

Batman 1 at 30k in the last comicconnect auction. It was a 20k under book.

Market is on an upswing on bat1 and tec31 te two best bat books behind

The holy tec27.

The tec31 on clink will hit 30k lime i said and

Might sniff upper 30's. As i already posted. Its at a hair under 27k with 5 days left.

Also a 1.5 sold for 25k on ebay. A sharp 1.5 that looks killer albeit.

So might hit 40k for a 4.0 sooner but defintly in the near futur.

Privte sales of high grade copies have proven this. 100k for a copy thats not even a 7.5.

Congrats!!!!

If you ever get tired of it ;)

Shoot me a pm :)

its like 2.0 Batman 1 at 30k in the last comicconnect auction. It was a 20k under book.

Market is on an upswing on bat1 and tec31 te two best bat books behind

The holy tec27.

I'm not convinced that the Batman 1 sale at cc is 100% representative of FMV. I'm pretty sure it was just me and one other person duking it out. I went to 29.5 and then folded. If I hadn't been bidding, that book would have likely gone for a lot less. Two people hitting each other with OTT bids does not necessarily mean we have a market surge.

I like the 29 as much as the 31, though it trades for a bit less at present.

I really think the cc bat 1 was a 30 book. I was ready at 26 on it. Would have went to 30 imho fmv for that copy. Nice colours and pq. I already won a few and was waiting for two other big and bigger books. Friend also ready at 25+. I think the movie helped bat1 and tec31. I place 29 further down the line. Cover doesnt do it for me.

I regret not going and being more aggressive on bat1 and tec 31 just 6 months prior. These are bluechip books. Steady rise in view.

Ill have to mannup as mitch says next time!!!!

Sometim