• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

I answered my own question. :tonofbricks:

Hilarious how Disney will cancel a story like that for "diversity and inclusion", and that they don't allign with Disney "values", anymore.  What f'ng values Disney? I'm so ready for that company to implode finally.  Hopefully, sooner than later, so Star Wars and Marvel can be their own entities.

On 2/16/2023 at 11:11 AM, Brock said:
On 2/16/2023 at 10:23 AM, FlyingDonut said:

Buy Uncle Scrooge 296 and 329. Note that they're exceptionally hard to find anyways but they're going to pop. Don Rosa is whining about this on Facebook and a bunch of other places.

All the eBay copies of both were snatched up on Tuesday.

Dang - My last issue is #254. :pullhair:

Other than the Black Panther partial sketch cover, I'm trying to think of another convention giveaway that's gotten as pricey as this Moon Girl comic. (I'm sure there are some, but I just don't know what they are.)

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=Moon+Girl+and+Devil+Dinosaur+1+-cgc+-cbcs&_sacat=1&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=Moon+Girl+and+Devil+Dinosaur+1+-cgc&_osacat=1&_sop=16&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

On 2/16/2023 at 11:00 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Other than the Black Panther partial sketch cover, I'm trying to think of another convention giveaway that's gotten as pricey as this Moon Girl comic. (I'm sure there are some, but I just don't know what they are.)

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=Moon+Girl+and+Devil+Dinosaur+1+-cgc+-cbcs&_sacat=1&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=Moon+Girl+and+Devil+Dinosaur+1+-cgc&_osacat=1&_sop=16&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

It's definitely a cool-looking cover, but I don't think it's $300 cool.

On 2/16/2023 at 9:00 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

D23 Spiderman comics.
X-Men 510 JSC cover.
Shield 1 partial sketch if you could ever find a copy of that.

On 2/18/2023 at 12:37 PM, fastballspecial said:

So I always wondered why Brave and Bold 33 was such a hot book just because of the Killing Joke tie in.
I no longer wonder. I read it today and its fantastic. Its very similar to Birds of Prey 8 I can see why its 
desired now. 

I remember early on in my "newsstand craze" I found this zealously at the LCS, and asked if I should pick it up in grade. I read it of course, but not too bad imo also :) .

Still something that is odd in my collection, but randomly thrown together Newsstands sounds fun sometimes lol 

4199045_Full_Obv.jpg?t=Mi8xLzIwMjMgMTA6MjY6MzggQU0%3d

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 2/19/2023 at 10:46 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Yeah, this is a graded copy. Technically the seller didn't misrepresent it, but you gotta specify what the item is if you want to avoid pissed off customers. On action figure variants I always specify that the lot isn't for an actual action figure.

image.thumb.jpeg.eb676819cbb914edfcf26b684ba4ccbc.jpeg

So the actual book looks like a slab?  Is there a version of the book that doesn’t appear slabbed?

Trying to figure out how this would be confusing...

On 2/20/2023 at 1:16 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

So the actual book looks like a slab?  Is there a version of the book that doesn’t appear slabbed?

Trying to figure out how this would be confusing...

Yes the variant cover of that book appeared as a graded book. The post you quoted was a pic of a graded copy of the variant. There’s no variant of that cover that appears ungraded. 

You’re asking questions.  As well as others so that answers you’re third question. We’re avid comic collectors and most didn’t know about that cover.

I only know myself because I wanted to buy a copy and have it graded because it looks really cool. 

if it were my listing I would've plainly stated the book wasn’t graded to avoid any issues with a buyer. 

On 2/20/2023 at 2:02 PM, Corona smith said:

if it were my listing I would've plainly stated the book wasn’t graded to avoid any issues with a buyer. 

I think we have to put the onus on the buyer here.  If the book only exists in faux slab form...what did the buyer think they were buying????

On 2/20/2023 at 1:07 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I think we have to put the onus on the buyer here.  If the book only exists in faux slab form...what did the buyer think they were buying????

They probably thought they were buying a graded comic - the way that seller cropped the image with zero margins around the edges, they knew exactly what they were doing to make it look like a graded book...

On 2/20/2023 at 2:09 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

They probably thought they were buying a graded comic - the way that seller cropped the image with zero margins around the edges, they knew exactly what they were doing to make it look like a graded book...

What graded comic would they think they were buying?