• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feb Heritage Auction

612 posts in this topic

buttock, this upcoming auction is very historic, 5 years from now, EVERYBODY will say the "would of" or "could of" or "should of"............Billy Wright is just like the church,SF, and AC collections, they have a Pedigree and stand above ALL others...in our field.

M, the sound of you SHILLING is really getting old and boring,

B

Just for laughs, price on the MMC#12 reduced to $25,000!!!

War, What Is It Good For

laughs are what he's after; remember, mitch's buddy has a great sense of humor.

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7054&lotIdNo=105073

Just saw this Action#23 listed as white pages (?). Anyone else familiar with this book, isn't that a dust shadow on the right side (front) and top (back) - how can this be white pages if that's the case ? I've seen that brown streak on other copies, never sure if it's part of the original cover or not...printing defect ?

buttock, this upcoming auction is very historic, 5 years from now, EVERYBODY will say the "would of" or "could of" or "should of"............Billy Wright is just like the church,SF, and AC collections, they have a Pedigree and stand above ALL others...in our field.

M, the sound of you SHILLING is really getting old and boring,

B

Just for laughs, price on the MMC#12 reduced to $25,000!!!

War, What Is It Good For

laughs are what he's after; remember, mitch's buddy has a great sense of humor.

Laughs and Ebay fees! That's some good times baby.

Why is everyone here bashing eBay fees? Aren't the seller fees for a zero reserve auction on eBay a lot cheaper than at Heritage? And there are no buyer fees.

I guess if you intend to sell the books, sure the fees are fine but take a look at the asking prices of those books, beyond ridiculous. There is going to be listing fees even if they do not sell [which they won't].

How about a price like 275k including buyers premium . Especially if the 7.0 restored goes for over 100K,prepare to see records broken on billy books, especially cap 2/3

Didn't CC copy with C/OW pages sell for $300K and basically kick start the madness we have seen since then The Wright copy shows better, its a pedigree which should give it added value and has nicer PQ so am I missing something because you seem to contradict everything you said about this grail? I fully expect it to fetch more than $300K.

How about a price like 275k including buyers premium . Especially if the 7.0 restored goes for over 100K,prepare to see records broken on billy books, especially cap 2/3

Didn't CC copy with C/OW pages sell for $300K and basically kick start the madness we have seen since then The Wright copy shows better, its a pedigree which should give it added value and has nicer PQ so am I missing something because you seem to contradict everything you said about this grail? I fully expect it to fetch more than $300K.

it did, but several copies since then have failed to meet that same lofty multiple (the 5.0, the 4.5, etc)...all fell short of the 100K a point that the 3.0 hit...

also keep in mind that the 3.0 actually ended in the low 220's I think, and then some glitch later it was at 300?... I would expect this 3.0 to hit mid 200's (based on recent comparable sales)

it did, but several copies since then have failed to meet that same lofty multiple (the 5.0, the 4.5, etc)...all fell short of the 100K a point that the 3.0 hit...

also keep in mind that the 3.0 actually ended in the low 220's I think, and then some glitch later it was at 300?... I would expect this 3.0 to hit mid 200's (based on recent comparable sales)

Well its going to be interesting as this sale could set the market for the next few years for lower grade copies.

I just put in 25 bids but I have no idea how I'm going to whittle this down to a handful of books I'm going to try and win. Those Curator FF's, even the late SA one's in 9.4 grade, are going to destroy any previous sales figures because I think everyone is going to try and win at least one copy for their collection, I know I am. :P