• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #1 listed on C-link

331 posts in this topic

It takes the small pee-brain mentality to call me a buffoon. I take personal offense to that comment, and just because I can wipe my ASSSS with your comic book collection, I intend to respond to your comment.

Mitch, you are a buffoon.

There, that's my pee-brain mentality speaking.

In all seriousness, if it's a contest you want to get into, then start showing us some of your books. At this point we haven't seen anything. I'm sure you do have something. But it could be a full set of Shadow Hawks for all we know. And that is not going to get it around here.

So get to it Mr. Ticket. Show us what you got.

It takes the small pee-brain mentality to call me a buffoon. I take personal offense to that comment, and just because I can wipe my ASSSS with your comic book collection, I intend to respond to your comment.

In all seriousness, if it's a contest you want to get into, then start showing us some of your books. At this point we haven't seen anything. I'm sure you do have something. But it could be a full set of Shadow Hawks for all we know. And that is not going to get it around here.

+1

Mr Bedrock

I can understand your point of view, but I come from the age where what we own is stuck close to our hip. There are a few persons that I trust and that have seen what I own, but not for the general public. It has been that way for the early 70's and I am not about to change now, someday maybe I will change my mind, but what I buy now, What I own now is only shared with very close friends.

I am changing with time. I recently had one board member to my house, now I have not had any collector to my house whom I have not known for over 20 years before. Ever....

It was a very positive experience, done with class and I made new friend. It gonna take some time for this baaaafooon to trust everybody.

Mitch, you are a buffoon. :applause:

Mr Bedrock

I can understand your point of view, but I come from the age where what we own is stuck close to our hip. There are a few persons that I trust and that have seen what I own, but not for the general public. It has been that way for the early 70's and I am not about to change now, someday maybe I will change my mind, but what I buy now, What I own now is only shared with very close friends.

I am changing with time. I recently had one board member to my house, now I have not had any collector to my house whom I have not known for over 20 years before. Ever....

It was a very positive experience, done with class and I made new friend. It gonna take some time for this baaaafooon to trust everybody.

Nice edit!

Mr Bedrock

I can understand your point of view, but I come from the age where what we own is stuck close to our hip. There are a few persons that I trust and that have seen what I own, but not for the general public.

I have no doubt you are "old school". But the next time you start to run somebody down because you consider yourself a better collector just remember, you haven't shown diddly.

You should also know that no matter what you have, I have more.

Mr Bedrock

I can understand your point of view, but I come from the age where what we own is stuck close to our hip. There are a few persons that I trust and that have seen what I own, but not for the general public. It has been that way for the early 70's and I am not about to change now, someday maybe I will change my mind, but what I buy now, What I own now is only shared with very close

This from a guy who has a collection of press clippings about his collection. :eyeroll:

Either the stuff is too good to show us or, we aren't good enough to see it. hm

Actually I could careless what Mitch owns, even more so when he goes on his rants about how dumb people are to buy restored books, etc. Mitch can make excuses as to why he doesn't disclose his collection but since he is all about investment value and ROE he will never share his books because if by some chance they go down in value, or if he is viewed as having over paid he will have egg on his face. The Emperor has no clothes.

I still think that those books that are listed on EBay at 10X's their market value and Mitch claims belong to his buddy Theo [MMC#12, etc] are actually his. At a minimum he did the write up for them because they are mirror images of the stuff he has posted here.

That was in response to be me attacked and called a baaafooon. I have the right to defend myself. You might have more than me in terms of quanity, but quality the jury is out.

I am not responsible for theo...he is a big boy. what he does he does on his own. Interesting thing is that he SOLD or Traded the book anyway.

:applause:

Either the stuff is too good to show us or, we aren't good enough to see it. hm

Actually I could careless what Mitch owns, even more so when he goes on his rants about how dumb people are to buy restored books, etc. Mitch can make excuses as to why he doesn't disclose his collection but since he is all about investment value and ROE he will never share his books because if by some chance they go down in value, or if he is viewed as having over paid he will have egg on his face. The Emperor has no clothes.

I still think that those books that are listed on EBay at 10X's their market value and Mitch claims belong to his buddy Theo [MMC#12, etc] are actually his. At a minimum he did the write up for them because they are mirror images of the stuff he has posted here.

Its like saying i have 20 Action 1's....but im not showing anyone

You might have more than me in terms of quanity, but quality the jury is out.

No. The jury has decided.

I win :acclaim:

When asked about his service under the incompetent Duke of York, the Duke of Wellington replied, "I learned what one ought not to do, and that is always something."

I come from the age where what we own is stuck close to our hip. There are a few persons that I trust and that have seen what I own, but not for the general public. It has been that way for the early 70's.

d6c2a715.png

I don't think "close to the hip' means what you think it means.

9510b786.jpg