• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,969 posts in this topic

They have to be close to getting into July. :wishluck:

I called last week and they were on June 27th.

Yikes. I called on 10/18 and they said they were on June 28th?!?

WTF. Wow. Lame.

And that's just the grading schedule, I've got one that's been sitting in encapsulation / shipping since 10/05.... :(

:facepalm:

I just realized they updated the site to say 80 business days turnaround on moderns. I'm on day 84 and still no grades, let alone encapsulation/shipping. I'm assuming by the time books are in hand, it'll be 100-120 business days.

I think I have all but given up on buying books to get graded - If I want a graded book, I'm just going to buy it outright already slabbed. I've got a couple books that I got graded for the sole purpose of selling, I can only imagine how frustrating it is for dealers.

I guess the more people decide on doing this is the only way their turnaround times will improve.

They have to be close to getting into July. :wishluck:

I called last week and they were on June 27th.

Yikes. I called on 10/18 and they said they were on June 28th?!?

WTF. Wow. Lame.

And that's just the grading schedule, I've got one that's been sitting in encapsulation / shipping since 10/05.... :(

:facepalm:

I just realized they updated the site to say 80 business days turnaround on moderns. I'm on day 84 and still no grades, let alone encapsulation/shipping. I'm assuming by the time books are in hand, it'll be 100-120 business days.

I think I have all but given up on buying books to get graded - If I want a graded book, I'm just going to buy it outright already slabbed. I've got a couple books that I got graded for the sole purpose of selling, I can only imagine how frustrating it is for dealers.

I guess the more people decide on doing this is the only way their turnaround times will improve.

You think increasing demand for slabbed books will decrease the number of people subbing books and, therefore, improve TATs?

did anyone get their late may economy books back yet?

I called today and they are grading economy books from early June as of today.

:cry:

EARLY june? Sheesh.

thanks. Ok good that means that I should be getting them in the mail relatively soon I assume? weather permitting?

I called today and they are grading economy books from early June as of today.

:cry:

EARLY june? Sheesh.

thanks. Ok good that means that I should be getting them in the mail relatively soon I assume? weather permitting?

Depends. Are they grading or shipping books from early June? Grading? No. Shipping? Maybe.

This is what I got today...October 29th, 2012...

"we just started grading comics from the first week of July"

was that modern or standard/economy?

economy sub - 07/02/2012 - verified

dumdeedum

i must have a month to wait still?

No! You have way more than a month for Econs.

mmm my math was thinking it's still a 4 month wait. I forgot it's closer to 6 months now. I need to find that thread with "things to do while you wait for your subs"

I think we've hit "get married and have a child" at this point.

Yeah, if we hit "Conception to birth of a child" as a timeline before getting one's books back, that's getting to be a bit long, eh? Having said that, some people may have the best day of their lives if their kid is born AND they get their books back on the same day.

I just called and my July 2nd invoice was graded.

Can we make a request? If people are going to post the status of their books to show that CGC is either late or on time, can they please be bothered to also note what tier the book was graded under? A 7/2 modern is one thing. A 7/2 economy or value is another.

I just called and my July 2nd invoice was graded.

Can we make a request? If people are going to post the status of their books to show that CGC is either late or on time, can they please be bothered to also note what tier the book was graded under? A 7/2 modern is one thing. A 7/2 economy or value is another.

Sorry. It was a modern.