• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,969 posts in this topic

The most irritating thing is the fact that this is their board.

The bloody employees read this!

Not necessarily.

Is it so beneath them to comment on this topic.

I wouldn't assume that these busy employees have time to read and respond to this--and if they did, I would expect that the company has a policy on how and when to communicate on these boards.

If another competitor comes along or PGX clean up (ie get bought out) the CGC will have a rocket shoved so far up their jacksey,as people jump to the competition,they won't know what hit them.

It's a well known fact that competition for consumers is always good, but do you have to get graphic?

As for UK boardies - there are enough respected ones out there to seriously give thought to setting up in competition surely?

This wait-list has to be addressed.

Don't know, but I'd bet the end doesn't justify the means.

The most irritating thing is the fact that this is their board.

The bloody employees read this!

Is it so beneath them to comment on this topic.

If another competitor comes along or PGX clean up (ie get bought out) the CGC will have a rocket shoved so far up their jacksey,as people jump to the competition,they won't know what hit them.

As for UK boardies - there are enough respected ones out there to seriously give thought to setting up in competition surely?

This wait-list has to be addressed.

You'd get a better response trying to start a football club in North America than you would starting a comic book grading company in the UK...and football clubs don't go over very well over here.

lol

Report them to the BBB for false advertising. Light a fire underneath them and they will find a way to get you all your books.
Why don't you try it and let us know how well you do.

I'm pretty sure they don't 'guarantee' return dates so BBB probably can't help too much. Its like saying a restaurant takes too long to cook your food. It might be bad business, but not false advertising, even if they 'estimate' your food will take a certain amount of time to cook.

I think that if you really want to make a difference, find out the emails of the bosses there, and send them a letter of this type:

"Dear Boss X,

I very much appreciate the CGC service, and it has greatly contributed to my comic collecting. I have been a customer for XXX amount of time, and have sent in XXX submissions, totaling $$$$ during that period. While I truly enjoy your service, your turnaround times for grading have become so outrageous that I will no longer make any submissions for the forseeable future, until the turnaround times become reasonable again. A submission to CGC has become the equivalent of a 5-month-7month, interest free loan for CGC, and this is inconsistent with my needs as a consumer and my desires as a collector. I do hope to someday become a customer of yours again, and truly wish you all the best. "

If they get enough of these letters, coupled with significantly decreases in submissions, you MIGHT have an impact. But they're FLUSH with cash right now, and seemingly working harder, not smarter, possibly thinking, "If we work hard and get past this rush, we can slow down and regroup and reorganize." But management needs to figure out the rush isn't going away. Comic movies keep coming out, there's more and more CONS, which are getting bigger and bigger. And more and more of the world are discovering comics. And Walking Dead keeps sauntering along...

What it boils down to is that they really don't give a mess and you will get your books when you get them.

I'm sure someone is "concerned" about the turn around times and the lack of customer service, but the bridge between thought and action is usually a very long one.

So, the take home lesson here is that if you don't like the way the CGC is handling your books and their business, then go somewhere else... Oh, wait.

So, the take home lesson here is that if you don't like the way the CGC is handling your books and their business, then go somewhere else... Oh, wait.

True. They are not legally or morally obligated to make sure they grade books in a timely fashion. As a matter of fact, I'm fairly sure they could care less - because for every fanboy who swears off CGC for all eternity, there are 10 more who would gladly wait 9 months for a plastic slab with thier book in it.

If it means anything to anyone, I was at CGC and had a chance to talk to some of the decision makers about the TAT's. Given what they presently have to work with they are doing the best they can. Are they concerned? Of course they are, but they are running at full speed 6 days a week.

What I cannot say for them is what they are planning on doing about the TAT problem long term. What I do know is eventually, they need to do something. That is a decision they ultimately need to make and no amount of complaining will affect that decision. Suggestions might be helpful, but complains and threats won't.

I was surprised to have scans sent to me at 8:45 on a Sat. morning this past weekend.

I think it's important to remember that management and employees are two different groups of people and the team that is in there 5 or 6 days a week, pulling long hours and struggling to keep up are not responsible for the decision making that management needs to bear the brunt of the criticism for.

It's not the grader's fault, the encapsulator's fault or admin's fault that TAT's are slow.

Just an important distinction that needs to be made.

I was surprised to have scans sent to me at 8:45 on a Sat. morning this past weekend.

I think it's important to remember that management and employees are two different groups of people and the team that is in there 5 or 6 days a week, pulling long hours and struggling to keep up are not responsible for the decision making that management needs to bear the brunt of the criticism for.

It's not the grader's fault, the encapsulator's fault or admin's fault that TAT's are slow.

+1

In any successful business, and CGC is a successful business, a company can only offer 3 things. A quality product/service, quick turnaround, and a low price. No company can actually remain in business by offering all 3, but 2 of the 3 criteria is what you should expect from a top notch company. The fact that CGC is putting out the best product and delivers it well packaged and secure only leaves 1 of the 2 remaining criteria for them to actually offer. The choice is actually up to the customer on that. Yes you decide if you want that quality product at a low price and agree to wait for it OR opt for the quality product with a quick turn around, but expect to pay more. Offering speed and a low price will ultimately lead to a shorty product and nobody wants that.

I've said it before - I'd rather have CGC take their sweet time and make sure that I have an accurately-graded book than cut corners and half-@ss my grading. Ultimately, I want to get what I pay for - even if it takes a really long time.

In any successful business, and CGC is a successful business, a company can only offer 3 things. A quality product/service, quick turnaround, and a low price. No company can actually remain in business by offering all 3, but 2 of the 3 criteria is what you should expect from a top notch company.
Really? There are NO companies in business offering all 3? Not sure I agree with you there.

In any successful business, and CGC is a successful business, a company can only offer 3 things. A quality product/service, quick turnaround, and a low price. No company can actually remain in business by offering all 3, but 2 of the 3 criteria is what you should expect from a top notch company.
Really? There are NO companies in business offering all 3? Not sure I agree with you there.

Indeed.

So is there a page or list of the graders and/or the people in charge at CGC? Just curious.