• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

:blahblah:

If what I say offends you to the point that you need to be dismissive and disrespectful, darkstar, though I have done nothing to you personally, why not just put me on ignore?

Is the extra hostility needed?

What I wrote doesn't need a lengthy back and forth discussion is all. I make liberal use of the ignore function but I see no reason to put you on it.

So, you'd rather just be openly hostile, not to mention erroneous in your observations?

I see.

No hostility intended. If you feel what I wrote was incorrect that is fine. I have neither the energy nor the interest to pursue the matter any further, thus the :blahblah:

:blahblah:

If what I say offends you to the point that you need to be dismissive and disrespectful, darkstar, though I have done nothing to you personally, why not just put me on ignore?

Is the extra hostility needed?

What I wrote doesn't need a lengthy back and forth discussion is all. I make liberal use of the ignore function but I see no reason to put you on it.

So, you'd rather just be openly hostile, not to mention erroneous in your observations?

I see.

No hostility intended. If you feel what I wrote was incorrect that is fine. I have neither the energy nor the interest to pursue the matter any further, thus the :blahblah:

Then, perhaps, you might refrain from making the comment in the first place. Heat, kitchen, etc.

:popcorn:

So i found a couple scans of the 9.8's I have....or should say have/had. I sold one to a boardie here for dirt cheap back in the day before the prices exploded and i forgot who, so maybe if you are reading this you can remind me :) I still have the other one.

The one I sold to a boardie is CGC #1100306004

ASM678_2_zpsymbkqdv8.jpg

ASM678_1_zpstdrwacyp.jpg

Damn, very nice. :headbang:

I think you once mentioned you bought them both off the shelf too.

-J.

Yup, both off the shelf. I also have a picture I took of all the books i sent to CGC (a before / after type picture) with both of those included. Funny, looking back there was no reason why I sent those in. To this day I'm not even sure what i sent them in but glade i did.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-678-CGC-9-6-WHITE-PAGES-VENOM-ZOMBIE-VARIANT-COVER-/321746724889?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae9996819

:popcorn:

EDIT: Called it, the value is dropping cause so many books are available. O well, can't win 'em all.

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

lol I don't know if I would say values are "dropping". Costas set a really high bar with $2500 for a 9.6, though $1850 is also a very strong price. There's more copies of the book in that grade than any other grade (and almost twice as many as there are 9.8's, though still just 92 total on the census), so it is not surprising to see a few of them on the market and changing hands. (thumbs u

-J.

Actually I won the $1850 CGC 9.6. Didn't expect it and not too sure if I am really happy with this :facepalm:

Caught up in the madness. :sorry: