• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,853 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2024 at 6:42 PM, Brock said:

Eclipse Comics published all of its 3-D comics in very limited editions, typically about 100 copies, for the small portion of the population that is physically unable to see 3-D images. If I recall correctly, Eclipse editor cat yronwoode suffered form this condition, so they made a point of offering these by mail order.

These are all extremely rare. The Miracleman 2-D edition is well known within Miracleman circle, and can costs thousands. Others are less well known, but believe me, the Stevens collectors have been watching for these for years now...

For Space Vixens is the 2-D version then the third version of this comic? Or is it equivalent to the one with limited info (title/issue) on the cover?

On 3/4/2024 at 2:49 PM, manetteska said:

For Space Vixens is the 2-D version then the third version of this comic? Or is it equivalent to the one with limited info (title/issue) on the cover?

I suspect it is a third version, but that’s just speculation on my part.

I've mentioned it a few times here now, and others have too, but the Dave Stevens stuff is starting to go through the roof.

Some of the CGC 9.8 prices are jaw dropping - Bad Planet #6 at $500? Crossfire #12 at $650? Elvira's House of Mystery #11 and Jonny Quest #5 at $1,000? World of Wood #1 at $1300? Planet Comics #1 approaching $1,500? Space Vixens at $2,000?

I've been buying these books up for years, so I'm among the converted, but I can't believe how quickly these have escalated. 

On 3/4/2024 at 2:49 PM, manetteska said:

On 3/4/2024 at 3:36 PM, Brock said:

I suspect it is a third version, but that’s just speculation on my part.

Space Vixens isn't an Eclipse book.It's from a series of 3D books put out by Ray Zone.It has a lot of GA books given the 3D treatment.Some with new covers like Space Vixens.But it does have a second print variant which was discussed a few years back in the I Miss Dave(Stevens) thread.

On 3/7/2024 at 10:09 PM, Toz said:

Space Vixens isn't an Eclipse book.It's from a series of 3D books put out by Ray Zone.It has a lot of GA books given the 3D treatment.Some with new covers like Space Vixens.But it does have a second print variant which was discussed a few years back in the I Miss Dave(Stevens) thread.

:facepalm:

Yup, I definitely spaced on that one…

On 3/25/2024 at 12:02 AM, littledoom said:

Comes out to $18 each. That's basically what they've been worth

I'd say it's more of a $10 book but people do seem to be liking multi book auctions right now.  I think it's because people have switched over from specing the hot book of the week to submitting ton of books since 9.8 copies still command quite a bit of money.  Bulk "warehouse" type of sales give people a good chance of getting a few 9.8s to make some cash.

On 3/25/2024 at 12:02 AM, littledoom said:

Comes out to $18 each. That's basically what they've been worth

Buyer is going to be disappointed with the condition, if they're expecting 9.8s as the listing indicates. I've purchased lots from that seller before that indicated "AVG 9.8" and without even opening the bags I could see multiple color-breaking spine tics on many books. (And it's not like there were a ton of bookshelf format books where there might be a bunch of 9.9s or 10s to bring the average back up).

On 3/25/2024 at 3:11 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Buyer is going to be disappointed with the condition, if they're expecting 9.8s as the listing indicates. I've purchased lots from that seller before that indicated "AVG 9.8" and without even opening the bags I could see multiple color-breaking spine tics on many books. (And it's not like there were a ton of bookshelf format books where there might be a bunch of 9.9s or 10s to bring the average back up).

I don't really like lots like that.. it's kinda lazy versus those who put in the time to list each comic copy by copy... time is money

On 3/25/2024 at 6:25 PM, littledoom said:

I don't really like lots like that.. it's kinda lazy versus those who put in the time to list each comic copy by copy... time is money

For this particular seller, I learned after my first purchase to adjust my top bid way down. I still ended up winning some lots for something like a dollar a book, most of which I'll eventually re-sell. I did consider sending them back or leaving neutral feedback.