• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,853 posts in this topic

The Titanic sank

Grizzley Adams DID have a beard.

This doesn't even make sense. Is this supposed to be a joke?

*** Go watch Happy Gilmore.

Why would I watch an unfunny Adam Sandler POS movie?

lol Kevin76, spreading good cheer and sunshine wherever he goes

I'm being honest. God knows everyone else around here has an opinion about something.

:o:ohnoez:

Darkhawk #1 CGC 9.8 @ $100 & 1 bid finally made the top ten list on Lyria as Most Expensive Graded Copper Comic on eBay today.

:headbang:

I sold mine a couple months ago for $115 off of E-Bay and people seem to get $125 or so on the boards. $100 would be low from what I've seen.

Smart move unloading a third appearance.

While the darkhawk preview is very arguable. Darkhawk # 1 will always be the book to own for him.

For anyone who collected during the time Darkhawk # 1 hit the stands, if they come back, and only buy one book, it will be Darkhawk # 1 hands down. It is like pure nostalgia on that book. It was one of the first " new" solo characters in the early 90's, and durning that speculation bubble, it was huge. He was going to be the new Wolverine. I think $100 is very sustainable. Sadly I only have my original two copies, both only in VF, and don't want to put up the $ for a 9.8 personally.

You are correct. Collector's will always want issue 1 over the Marvel Age comic and the Marvel Requirer comic.

I really like your placement of the word comic. I guess you could argue Marvel Age is a comic... at least comic format in size/staples. A preview comic if you may.

The Requirer however, is a comic shop news letter that is not comic sized, is not stapled. It is more like a newspaper. Calling this a comic just sounds desperate.

Calling the Requirer a comic may technically be wrong but I fail to see how it's desperate? I will tell you this though, I travel up and down the east coast hunting for comics and I see a lot of Darkhawk 1s in the trenches but hardly any Marvel Age 97s. At the very least it's a Darkhawk key. I'll tell ya what I'm desperate for, one of those comic newsprint publications by Marvel that just happens to be the first Darkhawk cover and appearance. I have never seen one.

There is one on the Bay right now brother, not looking hard enough.

I don't consider Ebay the trenches. I was talking about actual comic book stores.

Darkhawk #1 CGC 9.8 @ $100 & 1 bid finally made the top ten list on Lyria as Most Expensive Graded Copper Comic on eBay today.

I sold mine a couple months ago for $115 off of E-Bay and people seem to get $125 or so on the boards. $100 would be low from what I've seen.

While the darkhawk preview is very arguable. Darkhawk # 1 will always be the book to own for him.

For anyone who collected during the time Darkhawk # 1 hit the stands, if they come back, and only buy one book, it will be Darkhawk # 1 hands down. It is like pure nostalgia on that book. It was one of the first " new" solo characters in the early 90's, and durning that speculation bubble, it was huge. He was going to be the new Wolverine. I think $100 is very sustainable. Sadly I only have my original two copies, both only in VF, and don't want to put up the $ for a 9.8 personally.

You are correct. Collector's will always want issue 1 over the Marvel Age comic and the Marvel Requirer comic.

I really like your placement of the word comic. I guess you could argue Marvel Age is a comic... at least comic format in size/staples. A preview comic if you may.

The Requirer however, is a comic shop news letter that is not comic sized, is not stapled. It is more like a newspaper. Calling this a comic just sounds desperate.

Calling the Requirer a comic may technically be wrong but I fail to see how it's desperate? I will tell you this though, I travel up and down the east coast hunting for comics and I see a lot of Darkhawk 1s in the trenches but hardly any Marvel Age 97s. At the very least it's a Darkhawk key. I'll tell ya what I'm desperate for, one of those comic newsprint publications by Marvel that just happens to be the first Darkhawk cover and appearance. I have never seen one.

I don't consider Ebay the trenches. I was talking about actual comic book stores.

If I ran a store I wouldn't waste space on items that only appealed to such a small percentage of customers, unless those items also had a very high return to make the use of that real estate worthwhile.

If I ran a store I wouldn't waste space on items that only appealed to such a small percentage of customers, unless those items also had a very high return to make the use of that real estate worthwhile.

Neither would I. I would only ever expect to find this is a quarter bin.

Not sure if this is a Copper Age or a Modern Age book but here goes:

Batman Harley Quinn #1 CGC 9.8 @ $175 & 59 watchers. That's a pretty impressive number. Is the market finding room for 2 Harley Quinn keys or has Batman Adventures #12 gotten to expensive?

didn't we see this with NM98 where that book got so big that it brought up other books with it (X-Force 2, Deadpool Circle Chase etc)

I suspect with Harley, #1, Mad Love and others will go up in value.

If I had any of these books, the time to post would be now or wait till casting is officially confirmed.

Batman Harley Quinn #1 CGC 9.8 @ $175 & 59 watchers. That's a pretty impressive number. Is the market finding room for 2 Harley Quinn keys or has Batman Adventures #12 gotten to expensive?

This book has always been popular, as her first appearance in continuity and because of the sweet cover. It makes sense that it's getting even hotter now. A lot of her books are.

I sold a Suicide Squad #1 in FN/VF Condition yesterday for $50. It's mental.

didn't we see this with NM98 where that book got so big that it brought up other books with it (X-Force 2, Deadpool Circle Chase etc)

I suspect with Harley, #1, Mad Love and others will go up in value.

If I had any of these books, the time to post would be now or wait till casting is officially confirmed.

All 3 books have always been sought after. Her early appearances are harder to find than Deadpool. X-Force #2 vs. Bat/Harley #1? What other Deadpool books have been sought after that are not ridiculously low variants that cost $50 when released?

I wasn't comparing Harley to Deadpool, I was noting that when a character is scheduled to appear in a movie, not only does the 1st appearance book go up but other key books go up also.

Absolutely, it was more a rebuttal to Whetton and another "key". There is one true "key" but it depends on your definition there could be two others.

This book has always been popular, as her first appearance in continuity and because of the sweet cover. It makes sense that it's getting even hotter now. A lot of her books are.

I sold a Suicide Squad #1 in FN/VF Condition yesterday for $50. It's mental.

When that cover came out I bout the full-sized poster of it then had it mounted and framed. Nice black mat with a red inside trim too. Wonder what that's worth to somebody now....

Oh, well then of course you never see them in shops, they don't keep that stuff mixed in with comics. You would have to actually ask for their old newsletters if they kept any.

I've sold 3 Batman Harley quinn #1's @$300 per this year. Mad Love #1 is the one that I would be stocking up on as it can still be had for cheaper. =undervalued at the moment. I think BA #12 won't be seeing anything resembling a price decrease anytime soon. Those are the big three Harley books, and I wouldn't be surprised if the two 2nd place books double over the next year.

I've sold 3 Batman Harley quinn #1's @$300 per this year. Mad Love #1 is the one that I would be stocking up on as it can still be had for cheaper. =undervalued at the moment. I think BA #12 won't be seeing anything resembling a price decrease anytime soon. Those are the big three Harley books, and I wouldn't be surprised if the two 2nd place books double over the next year.

Is there an echo in here? Ha (thumbs u

The Titanic sank

I'm being honest. God knows everyone else around here has an opinion about something.

Well, that's true of course. However, there's honest and then there's being a . I'd say you're proficient in both

The Titanic sank

Well, that's true of course. However, there's honest and then there's being a . I'd say you're proficient in both

That's not too bad. Plenty of people here are only proficient in one.