• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Ahead of DD for most unnecessary Marvel character:

Dr. Strange

Hawkeye

Luke Cage and Iron Fist

Black Panther

Or is your definition of major that they had their own title before 1965? Kind of smacks of what you collect sucks.

You really think so? I just never liked Daredevil. (shrug)

Always seemed like an odd choice to get his own book. Kind of a poor man's Spidey only far less interesting

Dr. Strange

Hawkeye

Luke Cage and Iron Fist

Black Panther

Or is your definition of major that they had their own title before 1965? Kind of smacks of what you collect sucks.

Always seemed like an odd choice to get his own book. Kind of a poor man's Spidey only far less interesting

Did tou not know DD was a great fan of early RUSH?

True story....maybe lol

Dr. Strange

Hawkeye

Luke Cage and Iron Fist

Black Panther

Miller's DD run is the best of the late Marvel bronze age. Hands down

Dr. Strange

Hawkeye

Luke Cage and Iron Fist

Black Panther

Miller's DD run is the best of the late Marvel bronze age. Hands down

But it's all poop before that.

Jeff's right, before Miller began writing DD, it was truly awful for a LOT of issues IMO. Then again Stan Lee is one of the worst writers in comics and he's a God lol. No offense for what he has created, but the actual writing is atrocious.

Jeff's right, before Miller began writing DD, it was truly awful for a LOT of issues IMO. Then again Stan Lee is one of the worst writers in comics and he's a God lol. No offense for what he has created, but the actual writing is atrocious.

He knows it was terrible but he was told he had to write stories so that children and adults with low IQs could understand and read them. They were never intended to be written they way they are now. If you worked in comics or read comics back when Stan Lee was writing, you were looked down upon by your peers.

Agreed and Citizen Kane is a piece of mess.

:insane:

That's a pretty ignorant take on Stan Lee's writing. Without Stan Lee spearheading the 60's, who knows what the comicbook landscape will looks like right now. He is definitely not Kirkman, Johns, nor Bendis but he sure did paved the way for today's greats.

That's a pretty ignorant take on Stan Lee's writing. Without Stan Lee spearheading the 60's, who knows what the comicbook landscape will looks like right now. He is definitely not Kirkman, Johns, nor Bendis but he sure did paved the way for today's greats.

I'd rather read Stan than any of those three, every day of the week. Especially Bendis. My god.

I'd rather read Stan than any of those three, every day of the week. Especially Bendis. My god.

Bendis's dialogue is really cheesy, Least Stan Lee's dialogue tried to make his dramatic

Is the glossy version tougher to find?

Yes... but...

- the exact ratios have never been known.

- it's not clear if CGC gets the identification correct*.

* there are numerous cases where CGC has misidentified various Valiant gold variants which are clearly gold. It's hard to believe they would be good at identifying glossy vs. not-as-glossy but otherwise-identical.