• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

With ST 110 prices doubling since 2012 (only 2 years) it's been such an amazing title to watch, but do you think there's really any more room for growth left in this title right now? I expect Doc Strange to get some accolades with various announcements being made at SDCC this year and that might bump the value a little, but all in all is this title ready to flat line for a while?

If you had $3000 to spend right now for investment would you go:

(pretend that you love all 3 characters equally)

5.0 TTA 27

7.0 ST 110

8.0 DD 1

Btw.... I find it a little sad that ST110 has leapfrogged DD1 in value.

With ST 110 prices doubling since 2012 (only 2 years) it's been such an amazing title to watch, but do you think there's really any more room for growth left in this title right now? I expect Doc Strange to get some accolades with various announcements being made at SDCC this year and that might bump the value a little, but all in all is this title ready to flat line for a while?

If you had $3000 to spend right now for investment would you go:

(pretend that you love all 3 characters equally)

5.0 TTA 27

7.0 ST 110

8.0 DD 1

Btw.... I find it a little sad that ST110 has leapfrogged DD1 in value.

all three (thumbs u

I would still bet on st 110 imo it has only market corrected as it was way under valued. Big time star and director get attached another spike should happen. Plus marvel movies keep on getting better they couldknock it out of the park also huge crossover audience potential. But what do I know (shrug)

So glad I bought all three of these last year.

100 percent agree. I picked up a nice copy and a couple of butt ugly ones last year. This has been a nice healthy climb leading up to the movie announcement.

I always found 110 to be a hard to find comic especially in higher grades.

I can see this book hitting TOS 39 or JIM 83 levels if a movie were to be made.

will the book continue to go up? , sure... will it get to TOS39 or JIM83 $$ level. , IMO/ 2c, No, not unless the movie is a HUGE blockbuster, and even then, not so sure (shrug)

What do you mean IF?

Have they announced a movie that will be done? I thought it was all talks and speculation as of now.

will the book continue to go up? , sure... will it get to TOS39 or JIM83 $$ level. , IMO/ 2c, No, not unless the movie is a HUGE blockbuster, and even then, not so sure (shrug)

The book is certainly in the up and up without a movie, but with an announcement of one, I think it can go higher. It may reach the TOS 39/JIM 83 levels (they started off as "B" heroes before all the movies and now they are in the "A" realm). I can see it happening with Dr. Strange as well. Yes, the movie would have to be a hit for it to happen, but seeing how good the Marvel movies are as of late, I have no doubts about it.

The book is certainly in the up and up without a movie, but with an announcement of one, I think it can go higher. It may reach the TOS 39/JIM 83 levels (they started off as "B" heroes before all the movies and now they are in the "A" realm). I can see it happening with Dr. Strange as well. Yes, the movie would have to be a hit for it to happen, but seeing how good the Marvel movies are as of late, I have no doubts about it.

^ Agree, ST110 has always been scarce to find. I finally found a high grade one after looking for a year. These prices are cheap come next year.

Question is, is Dr Strange even at the level of Iron Man/Thor before their movies? .. i don't think so..

will ST110 go up in value as it nears "movie time" , yes, without question. will it get to the level of TOS/JIM. Id be really hard press to think so... (if not flat out , no) but thats my 2c , stranger things have happened!