• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Holy Batman-Centric DCCU, Batman! Warner Bros In Love With Ben Affleck

This comes at a time when some have questioned the studio's plans for the future, with numerous reports of things being somewhat loose and "up in the air" regarding how they intend to handle their slate of films. Now that they're so confident that Affleck's Batman is "the definitive Batman," they can comfortably anchor the universe to him. Batman will be "the face" of the overall DC Cinematic world, much like Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man has the poster child for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

This isn't an altogether surprising turn of events, since The Dark Knight has been the Bat That Lays The Golden Eggs for Warner Bros for the last 10 years, but there was some doubt regarding who would be Top Dog in the DCCU. After all, DC's stab at creating an expanded universe was with Snyder's Man of Steel- which centered on that other caped icon from DC, Superman. But now it's looking like Henry Cavill's Supes will be to Affleck's Bats what Cap is to Iron Man in the Marvel films.

The news of this love fest surrounding Batman v Superman and Affleck comes from a source for Den of Geek. According to their source, Warner Bros is now trying to broker what it considers a "Golden Deal" that would lock Affleck up as Batman for an entire trilogy of solo films. We already know that he's directing and starring in at least one, due out in 2018, but they want to do what they can to make him stick around as long as possible.

... Now that they're so confident that Affleck's Batman is "the definitive Batman" ...

Does Adam West know about this!?!

Adam West, Adam West... quieter now, adam west..

WOW, WOW, WOW!

BATMAN V SUPERMAN Wonder Woman Battle SPOILER

In the recently released Batman v Superman trailer, we finally got our first glimpse of Gal Gadot in action as Wonder Woman. The upcoming film will be the first cinematic appearance of the warrior princess of the Amazon.

She is quite the warrior princess in the film because she has an integral scene in the big showdown with Doomsday. I think glimpses of the mega fight were shown and hinted in the trailer as well.

So in one corner we got Wonder Woman, in the other corner we got Doomsday.

Henry Cavill Teases WB's Big Plan For The DCEU Beyond BATMAN v SUPERMAN

Out promoting Man from U.N.C.L.E., actor Henry Cavill briefly touched on the links from Man of Steel to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Cavill stated that Man of Steel is not just the lead in for Dawn of Justice but the entire DCEU. "There’s a big plan in place at WB for the whole DC franchise. So, all of this stuff ties in. They’re not thinking from movie to movie, they’re thinking from a big tent pole type thing and each story has its own story, which is attached to the major issue. Yeah, there’s a big plan."

" They’re not thinking from movie to movie, they’re thinking from a big tent pole type thing and each story has its own story, which is attached to the major issue. Yeah, there’s a big plan."

It took them long enough. :facepalm:

In the recently released Batman v Superman trailer, we finally got our first glimpse of Gal Gadot in action as Wonder Woman. The upcoming film will be the first cinematic appearance of the warrior princess of the Amazon.

She is quite the warrior princess in the film because she has an integral scene in the big showdown with Doomsday. I think glimpses of the mega fight were shown and hinted in the trailer as well.

They'll need something to make Batman / Superman relevant again after BvS. Makes sense.

" They’re not thinking from movie to movie, they’re thinking from a big tent pole type thing and each story has its own story, which is attached to the major issue. Yeah, there’s a big plan."

It took them long enough. :facepalm:

You said that the other day.

funny-pictures-history-get-off-my-lawn.jpeg

Chase them off your Marvel lawn.

They'll need something to make Batman / Superman relevant again after BvS. Makes sense.

They need some villain that will be big enough to require the entire Justice League coming together, no matter what hard feelings there may be about the Kryptonians destroying portions of Earth. This does make a lot of sense, as if it ended up as Darkseid then it is just another Thanos.

They need some villain that will be big enough to require the entire Justice League coming together, no matter what hard feelings there may be about the Kryptonians destroying portions of Earth. This does make a lot of sense, as if it ended up as Darkseid then it is just another Thanos.

so from what i'm reading...

it looks like we could be having bizarro and doomsday has one villian. now the reason i'm thinking these is because it say WW cuts doomsday arm or hand in it's mutates into a blade sword. we know the doomsday gene is on the kryptonians DNA, which i think it was created has a precaution incase they were copied. lex creats bizarro using zod DNA and his own to try and control him and through the film it keeps mutating which would then lead into the JL movie.

it looks like we could be having bizarro and doomsday has one villian. now the reason i'm thinking these is because it say WW cuts doomsday arm or hand in it's mutates into a blade sword. we know the doomsday gene is on the kryptonians DNA, which i think it was created has a precaution incase they were copied. lex creats bizarro using zod DNA and his own to try and control him and through the film it keeps mutating which would then lead into the JL movie.

Quit teasing me with all these great ideas and suggestions. I can't take all these fangasms.

:ohnoez:

Quit teasing me with all these great ideas and suggestions. I can't take all these fangasms.

:ohnoez:

lol