• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,915 posts in this topic

On 3/5/2022 at 10:02 PM, mbeauchamp said:

Hello, 

Newb here, big fan of Marvel, Dc comics and love Horror sliver age comics, Tales of the crypt, and weird comics rare. Also need to check my order status due going through my local shop. 

Thank you, Mike 

Welcome! Hope your submission goes quickly. :)

On 3/18/2022 at 7:52 PM, Marcjoner16 said:

Sup,new here been collecting sense I was a kid, I  have aquired a lot the last 15+ yrs, figured I’d finally hop on here to get some books graded and expand my knowledge more. 

Ots a beginning too, lots of love and best efforts! Welcome!  :)

On 3/25/2022 at 8:43 AM, Still Only 20¢ said:

Hi, I've been lurking on the boards for a year, and decided it was time to say hello.  I collected comics in the past, and I'm now having some books slabbed.  Thanks for all the great content/discussion!

Amen. Can take time to familiarize....

It isn't mandatory, but I think most will agree, it'll come in handy!

Welcome!

Hello everyone, I've been a comic fan for over 40 years, and an avid collector for just over 5 years. I have been a CGC member for the last 2 years but have not joined any forums. To let people know about me: I collect Detective Comics, huge Batman guy :) I collect a number of titles after that ( too many to mention), I am huge into Independants, horror scifi mostly, Boom and Image. Huge Spawn guy :). LOVE Frank Frazetta art and am actively looking for more :) I have a small comic online Instagram store and local FleaMarket booth with my business partner in Niagara, Ontario named Bleeker St Comics. I look forward to retire from being a chef of over 30 years to own a small store here in town selling comics :) Thanks for listening, look forward to meeting like minded individuals. I also look forward to getting info on the Eerie #23 club. Thanks

On 3/31/2022 at 12:29 PM, Ben Mandley said:

Hello everyone, I've been a comic fan for over 40 years, and an avid collector for just over 5 years. I have been a CGC member for the last 2 years but have not joined any forums. To let people know about me: I collect Detective Comics, huge Batman guy :) I collect a number of titles after that ( too many to mention), I am huge into Independants, horror scifi mostly, Boom and Image. Huge Spawn guy :). LOVE Frank Frazetta art and am actively looking for more :) I have a small comic online Instagram store and local FleaMarket booth with my business partner in Niagara, Ontario named Bleeker St Comics. I look forward to retire from being a chef of over 30 years to own a small store here in town selling comics :) Thanks for listening, look forward to meeting like minded individuals. I also look forward to getting info on the Eerie #23 club. Thanks

That's a spice a meatball! Welcome!

On 11/2/2013 at 2:14 PM, thirdgreenham said:

New members join the CGC boards everyday, but some just lurk around without saying too much. The point of this thread is to give a heartfelt welcoming, and encourage our new boardies to introduce themselves and say hi.

Hopefully, with your time spent here, you will learn some things, make some friends, and ultimately, enjoy yourselves. (thumbs u

I'll start. I'm Andy. I love DC war comics, but have branched out into every which direction you can think of. Right now, I'm right into Golden Age books and classic covers. :luhv:

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. That's how you're going to learn. :) We do, however, have a search engine, and some people may end up asking you to use it. To save yourself a potential smidgen of ridicule, you could consider trying that first. :foryou:

So, without taking up any more of your valuable time, I'll step back from the podium and pass the microphone to you.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:Welcome to the boards, my friends! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

On 11/2/2013 at 3:44 PM, Marvelfangirl said:

Agreed.

I have some comics in my possession for the last 40 years I am interested in getting graded.  Avengers #1 1st series, and Uncanny X-men #1 1st series.  Where do these books fall in the grading fee scale?

On 3/31/2022 at 2:55 PM, Obewan2022 said:

I have some comics in my possession for the last 40 years I am interested in getting graded.  Avengers #1 1st series, and Uncanny X-men #1 1st series.  Where do these books fall in the grading fee scale?

There is a section of the boards for questions, mostly in the "newbie section" labeled that way idk, but off the top of my head perhaps the Avengers could be done Express Tier. More than likely both will need to be done "walkthrough tier" hope that helps :cheers: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/7/2022 at 11:52 AM, mims4321 said:

Hey everyone. Been collecting since I was about 8, but as of the past couple of years have been getting into graded book. I love indies and controversial/historical comics and just odd things in general. 

Thanks for having me! 

Plenty to go around :) 

Welcome to the Boards