• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,915 posts in this topic

On 12/18/2021 at 8:06 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Welcome to the boards @NoChance. There's some great Image and Vertigo material out there just waiting for you. Do you like retro 'family team' books, but done with a modern twist? Then try hunting down an Image series called Dynamo 5. It's a brilliantly creative series that isn't afraid to upend well-established comic tropes, and does so in very inventive ways. It's also a very fun book, with GREAT costume designs done by now-Marvel artist Mahmud Asrar. I'd recommend it for anyone on these boards longing for the old days with a more contemporary feel. It really does hit the spot. On the off choices any stores still have the first trade paperback for sale at retail, it's $10US for the first 7 issues, a very good deal. 

But anyway, welcome aboard, hope you find the place useful and the people friendly, and of course the information to be trustworthy. 

Thanks @Mecha_Fantastic for the welcome. I will definitely check Dynamo 5 out. Just finished East of West, Descender, Black Science and Jim Zub's Baldur's Gate works. Half way through Sandman which I can't believe I wanted this long to read. Huge Gaiman fan.

And thanks to everyone else that said hi.

On 1/31/2022 at 3:38 AM, thirdgreenham said:

If you want, you can send your comic to me in Canada.  I'll submit it for you and have it returned to me here.  Then I'll ship to you in France and make sure that you don't have to pay any extra taxes or customs fees.

It's a little messy, but it can work.  You also have to be prepared to be without your book for months and months, depending on the level of service that you choose.

Thank you very much that will be awesome. I will think about it because except ebay where they show the custom fees and pay directly on it, there is no other american website that does that sadly. I paid 80 us dollars for the cgc bcw bin :roflmao: and the  plastic sleeves (100 bcw) for my slabs costs 60 usd :facepalm:(i didn't bought it i use bubble wrap to cover them ). It will be difficult for me to be separated from them for that long. Thank you <3

Edited by frenchcomiclover

On 1/31/2022 at 3:55 AM, Namtak said:

Salut!bienvenue !je vois que tu est fan du joueur du grenier!sa tombe bien cgc se lance dans le grading de jeux video!:yeehaw:

Salut merci, ah je vois qu'il y'a des français ici :grin: et oui eheh le jdg as une place importante dans mon cœur. Ah je savais pas que cgc faisait du grading du jeux vidéo merci pour l'information je vais y jeter un coup d'œil. Ravi d'avoir fait ta connaissance :cheers:  

On 2/9/2022 at 7:27 AM, Magneto said:

Hey everyone! I am not new, but I have not logged in to these boards for over three years! Good to see the community is still going strong. 

I left a few years back as I had to liquidate my collection to buy our new house. Not regrets on the decision but the pain made it hard to remain as part of the comic book community.

Started reading a few threads to dip my foot back in the waters yesterday. Just wanted to say hello!

Yes indeed. Can be disconcerting to see all that you've worked for to be put aside for priorities. It's the times we hold dear that bring us the most joy, glad that you are comforted now.

Hi Guys!

My name is MrRoboto and I have been collecting comics for the last 5 years. After much consideration, I have decided to start sending some of my collection into CGC for grading.

Daily, or even twice a day, I will be posting PGM's of some of the comics. 

Thanks in advance for the reviews guys! 

Glade to join the group :D

On 2/12/2022 at 3:39 PM, MrRoboto said:

Hi Guys!

My name is MrRoboto and I have been collecting comics for the last 5 years. After much consideration, I have decided to start sending some of my collection into CGC for grading.

Daily, or even twice a day, I will be posting PGM's of some of the comics. 

Thanks in advance for the reviews guys! 

Glade to join the group :D

Welcome to the boards! Your riding the correct train, as in pgm forum rules: you can post up to 2 a day!

At least that used to be the case, so following closely, your right up there a ^^

Keep sending in those books, a little shy as I've been about it: broke is broke!

On 2/15/2022 at 4:08 PM, jerryco33 said:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jerry and I love all things Lady Death, most of Marvel and lots of Zenescope comics. 

Welcome to the boards! Lady is the death of us all. Those are some drawings though! Happy to have you.

On 2/18/2022 at 3:11 PM, Gravity72 said:

Hi,

Collected a lot of comics in the 1980s and now going through my collection grading them and finding out what they are worth. Great website - thanks for all the advice and help.

Welcome, and glad you are finding it useful! Plenty of information to be gathered.

On 11/2/2013 at 8:14 PM, thirdgreenham said:

New members join the CGC boards everyday, but some just lurk around without saying too much. The point of this thread is to give a heartfelt welcoming, and encourage our new boardies to introduce themselves and say hi.

Hopefully, with your time spent here, you will learn some things, make some friends, and ultimately, enjoy yourselves. (thumbs u

I'll start. I'm Andy. I love DC war comics, but have branched out into every which direction you can think of. Right now, I'm right into Golden Age books and classic covers. :luhv:

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. That's how you're going to learn. :) We do, however, have a search engine, and some people may end up asking you to use it. To save yourself a potential smidgen of ridicule, you could consider trying that first. :foryou:

So, without taking up any more of your valuable time, I'll step back from the podium and pass the microphone to you.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:Welcome to the boards, my friends! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Hello everyone,

I am Hidde. I am a fairly large fan of the amazing spiderman, X-men, Fantastic four, and a few other odds and ends.
I am new to collecting. I had a small  collection of Asm and FF growing up but most of them were either destroyed, sold or stolen when we moved for California to Chicago.
I joined the forum some days ago and I’ve been able to buy my first graded comic book from a board member. It was smooth and easy. I look forward to learning and speaking with you all. 

Edited by Hiddestuur

On 2/24/2022 at 9:28 PM, Hiddestuur said:

Hello everyone,

I am Hidde. I am a fairly large fan of the amazing spiderman, X-men, Fantastic four, and a few other odds and ends.
I am new to collecting. I had a small  collection of Asm and FF growing up but most of them were either destroyed, sold or stolen when we moved for California to Chicago.
I joined the forum some days ago and I’ve been able to buy my first graded comic book from a board member. It was smooth and easy. I look forward to learning and speaking with you all. 

Welcome to the boards, mate! 

On 2/24/2022 at 5:28 AM, Hiddestuur said:

Hello everyone,

Welcome :) 

Hello! I'm new to the forums/grading world and excited to learn more. My father was an avid collector throughout his life and I started collecting with him in the 90s shortly before he passed away. I stopped collecting after that and put his collection into storage until recently. I've been having a blast going through all his old comics and have started collecting again myself.

On 3/2/2022 at 10:04 AM, heystevedave said:

Hello! I'm new to the forums/grading world and excited to learn more. My father was an avid collector throughout his life and I started collecting with him in the 90s shortly before he passed away. I stopped collecting after that and put his collection into storage until recently. I've been having a blast going through all his old comics and have started collecting again myself.

Welcome and glad you could reminisce! Collecting beginning's are not to be despised, sorry to hear of the passing, best wishes!