• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,915 posts in this topic

On 5/20/2022 at 11:54 PM, szvig said:

Hello there!

My name is Szabolcs - Hungarian name -, a graphic designer for years, and just getting into 3D modelling.

I'm an absolute newbie to comics. I started collecting a few months ago, and right now I'm only searching for Star Wars books, because that's what I'm interested in. I was always curious about comics, always liked to collect things, but as a kid I couldn't afford much, so I guess I'm compensating it now. (Who knows, maybe my next hobby will be buying super expensive lego kits, or wh40k figures...) I already made some bad purchases (and some really great ones too), so I'm on the way of learning. 

My avatar sums me up pretty much, but generally I consider myself as a cheerful person. My first post went in a wrong topic, so I hope I'm at the right place now :)
Have a nice day everyone!  

Welcome!!! :cheers:

On 5/22/2022 at 1:23 PM, TSRose said:

New here. First post is over in the Albedo #1, Albedo #2 Club thread.   Here: --> Albedo #1 & #2 Club

Have had the collection put away for 38 years, but the Netflix Usagi release compelled me me to pull the short boxes out of storage (that and retirement having finally given me the time to deal with 15 boxes of boarded and bagged books).

Welcome 😀 have fun sorting rebagging and boarding!

Sending to cgc should be a breeze to navigate links in a post so easily, and on the first try!

Shortcuts you will find - baby Yoda 😂

I'm halfway ribbing, but great back issue to want to dig out! Glad you found it!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/22/2022 at 12:23 PM, TSRose said:

New here. First post is over in the Albedo #1, Albedo #2 Club thread.   Here: --> Albedo #1 & #2 Club

Have had the collection put away for 38 years, but the Netflix Usagi release compelled me me to pull the short boxes out of storage (that and retirement having finally given me the time to deal with 15 boxes of boarded and bagged books).

Welcome!!! :cheers:

On 11/2/2013 at 5:14 PM, MR SigS said:

Any guesses?

And WTTB :hi:

I am New at this  i retire in 2002 and decided to travel with the wife around the U.S While she Travel Nurse

Now I'm going through the comics and didn't dawn on me how many I have . SO now is the time for me to get the collection  going again

I like  FANTASTIC 4 , Spider man , x men , Green Lantern, That is just some of the i really like .  

On 5/22/2022 at 11:51 PM, Big Sweets said:

I am New at this  i retire in 2002 and decided to travel with the wife around the U.S While she Travel Nurse

Now I'm going through the comics and didn't dawn on me how many I have . SO now is the time for me to get the collection  going again

I like  FANTASTIC 4 , Spider man , x men , Green Lantern, That is just some of the i really like .  

Welcome to the boards! Hope you enjoy, glad you got to be a seasoned traveler too.

A comics pile is always fun 😆

What up comic fans. Long time lurker/collector here. My name's Andrew and first off let me start off by saying I love collecting comics of ALL ages ( Exmpl: Gold, Silv, Copper etc. if the price is right of course). I usually collect Vf/NM comics. I'm a self taught grader/artist (Well yes I can draw....stopped about 20 years ago lol). I consider grading fun. Why ? The thread that had "guess the grade" always had me test my grading abilities. I'd get SOME correct. I'd say 8/10 but still, I always enjoyed that topic. When I find comics/keys, My grading/condition technique has always been "Spine first, and then go outward on the rest of the book". Anyways, I'm just here to chat and talk comics after all it is a hobby right? I currently collect raw books as I dont have a lot of disposable income on getting books slabbed LOL !! I'm also tech savvy and hope to post some pics and other stuff later on as well. In the meantime, Hope you all have a safe holiday !!! Laters !!

Hi. My name's Imran. Everyone who knows me calls me by my surname Haji.

I am a huge comic book fan and have been reading since I was a little boy. I've always collected comics but only recently really got into graded comics. I dropped off my first 5 to be graded at MCM Comic Con London a couple of days ago. This included Kamala Khan's first ever full appearance. 

I'm particularly interested in Muslim representation in comics and run some social media channels focussing on that. Looking forward to getting involved with the CGC community! 

Thanks all.  

On 5/29/2022 at 9:18 PM, Strange-Avatar said:

What up comic fans. Long time lurker/collector here. My name's Andrew and first off let me start off by saying I love collecting comics of ALL ages ( Exmpl: Gold, Silv, Copper etc. if the price is right of course). I usually collect Vf/NM comics. I'm a self taught grader/artist (Well yes I can draw....stopped about 20 years ago lol). I consider grading fun. Why ? The thread that had "guess the grade" always had me test my grading abilities. I'd get SOME correct. I'd say 8/10 but still, I always enjoyed that topic. When I find comics/keys, My grading/condition technique has always been "Spine first, and then go outward on the rest of the book". Anyways, I'm just here to chat and talk comics after all it is a hobby right? I currently collect raw books as I dont have a lot of disposable income on getting books slabbed LOL !! I'm also tech savvy and hope to post some pics and other stuff later on as well. In the meantime, Hope you all have a safe holiday !!! Laters !!

Hello, now that you've officially joined, I believe there will be another grading contest in July and hop you do well. :)

Welcome

On 5/30/2022 at 3:48 AM, Imran5x said:

I am a huge comic book fan and have been reading since I was a little boy. I've always collected comics but only recently really got into graded comics. I dropped off my first 5 to be graded at MCM Comic Con London a couple of days ago. This included Kamala Khan's first ever full appearance. 

I'm particularly interested in Muslim representation in comics and run some social media channels focussing on that. Looking forward to getting involved with the CGC community! 

Thanks all.  

Hope it comes back in the grade you enjoy! 5 books will be enough to get started 😂 welcome to the boards

On 5/30/2022 at 6:48 PM, Imran5x said:

Thanks all.  

Heya and welcome, Haji. 

On 5/30/2022 at 12:18 PM, Strange-Avatar said:

Welcome Andrew! Would love to see some of your artwork. We've got a thread here in Comics General for art forum members have done. We've got some talented members. 

Thanks for the kind words guys. There's also the "spare a grade" thread I believe. I hope one day to post some of my "wares" on some of the "in your collection threads as well." Well, off to the newbies section I guess . LOL ! 

On 6/6/2022 at 10:25 AM, RonkRose said:

Hello. Ron here. I am just getting into comics. Kinda happened accidentally. I am helping family catalog a collection and really like it. Hope to find lots of help here.

awesome Ron! Welcome, hope it continues and is the start of something great. :shy::whee: 

On 6/7/2022 at 1:25 AM, RonkRose said:

Hello. Ron here. I am just getting into comics. Kinda happened accidentally. I am helping family catalog a collection and really like it. Hope to find lots of help here.

This place is definitely helpful, people are very generous with their time. So I'd say you've come to the right place. Welcome! 

Comic Book reader and collector since late 70's. Started collecting again about 10 years ago for the third time. I'm on the East Coast. I collect DC comics, DC keys and Marvel keys for the most part. I'm a big fan of Superman, LOSH, Batman, and New Teen Titans. Fan of NHL, Star Trek DS9, and Mission Impossible movies. 

On 6/8/2022 at 6:39 PM, drmccoy74 said:

Comic Book reader and collector since late 70's. Started collecting again about 10 years ago for the third time. I'm on the East Coast. I collect DC comics, DC keys and Marvel keys for the most part. I'm a big fan of Superman, LOSH, Batman, and New Teen Titans. Fan of NHL, Star Trek DS9, and Mission Impossible movies. 

Hello comic book reader! Indeed nice choices :x

Always more, but good to have what's good for you :)

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jack. I recently just got into collecting comics because I’m a big fan of the cover art and of course the stories. My coworker recommended me to join these CGC forums he’s been a member for 20 years. I look forward to learning as much as possible about comics while purchasing and selling some along the way. Excited to interact with all of you  

On 6/9/2022 at 8:02 AM, Joleary732 said:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jack. I recently just got into collecting comics because I’m a big fan of the cover art and of course the stories. My coworker recommended me to join these CGC forums he’s been a member for 20 years. I look forward to learning as much as possible about comics while purchasing and selling some along the way. Excited to interact with all of you  

You listened to someone who's been on these forums for 20 years???  What were you thinking??!! lol

Seriously though...welcome aboard!!! :cheers: