• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,913 posts in this topic

On 10/15/2022 at 4:42 PM, Just Bill said:

Hello, newb here.  Just signed up and plan on submitting my first book at Baltimore Comic Con in a couple weeks.  Thankfully I came to the site beforehand because I didn't even know you needed a membership before submitting anything, even at a show.  

I've been collecting since the seventies, mainly Marvel/DC/Superhero stuff, but really I have an interest in the art form of sequential storytelling in general.  

Welcome aboard!!! :cheers:

On 10/28/2022 at 11:50 AM, gnommando said:

Hello all. I just started getting back into comics after not collecting for about a decade. I'm an artist and comics sort of taught me how to draw as a kid and got me into art school.  I collect mostly books that have artists with unique non-traditional art styles.  

I tried to do the same as a kid, never got too far myself, and welcome to the boards :)  :cheers: 

On 10/29/2022 at 11:04 AM, coolvintagetoys said:

Hello All,

My name is Wendy and I have been collecting, selling and grading for several years but have just been a lurker here.   So many smart replies on topics thought it was about time to get out of the lurker corner and introduce myself so HELLO ALL!!!

Welcome aboard!! :cheers:

On 10/29/2022 at 11:04 AM, coolvintagetoys said:

Hello All,

My name is Wendy and I have been collecting, selling and grading for several years but have just been a lurker here.   So many smart replies on topics thought it was about time to get out of the lurker corner and introduce myself so HELLO ALL!!!

Welcome to the boards.  :foryou:

On 10/29/2022 at 12:04 PM, coolvintagetoys said:

Hello All,

Hello 🤗 welcome! Glad you thought that some were smart replies, although there is goofing off as well.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/2/2013 at 12:14 PM, thirdgreenham said:

New members join the CGC boards everyday, but some just lurk around without saying too much. The point of this thread is to give a heartfelt welcoming, and encourage our new boardies to introduce themselves and say hi.

Hopefully, with your time spent here, you will learn some things, make some friends, and ultimately, enjoy yourselves. (thumbs u

I'll start. I'm Andy. I love DC war comics, but have branched out into every which direction you can think of. Right now, I'm right into Golden Age books and classic covers. :luhv:

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. That's how you're going to learn. :) We do, however, have a search engine, and some people may end up asking you to use it. To save yourself a potential smidgen of ridicule, you could consider trying that first. :foryou:

So, without taking up any more of your valuable time, I'll step back from the podium and pass the microphone to you.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:Welcome to the boards, my friends! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Hi, everyone! I just got into collecting comics and slabs. I’m a sucker for Skottie Young variant covers and silver/golden age classic ones 😍😍 haven’t had the most welcoming introduction to the comic community on here but who knows, maybe it’ll change LOL just happy to be involved in it and hope to learn as much as I can as I further my collection!

On 10/30/2022 at 3:03 PM, 2miller0 said:

Hi, everyone! I just got into collecting comics and slabs. I’m a sucker for Skottie Young variant covers and silver/golden age classic ones 😍😍 haven’t had the most welcoming introduction to the comic community on here but who knows, maybe it’ll change LOL just happy to be involved in it and hope to learn as much as I can as I further my collection!

Welcome! It'll get better, the waiting is the hardest part. Don't let it curb your enthusiasm :) 

On 10/30/2022 at 2:03 PM, 2miller0 said:

Welcome to the boards!!! :cheers:

On 11/1/2022 at 10:28 AM, MillerFan said:

Hello all! My name is Leonardo. I have been into comics since early childhood. From my nickname, you can guess that I'm a big fan of Frank Miller. I love his daredevil. If you have anything related to a Daredevil or Frank Miller (anything at all! Even socks!) then let me know!

Cool! And Welcome :) 

On 11/1/2022 at 9:28 AM, MillerFan said:

Hello all! My name is Leonardo. I have been into comics since early childhood. From my nickname, you can guess that I'm a big fan of Frank Miller. I love his daredevil. If you have anything related to a Daredevil or Frank Miller (anything at all! Even socks!) then let me know!

Welcome to the boards!! :cheers:

Hello! I’m sorta newish. I was a member of the boards back in the day, but I lost interest in collecting after my good friend Beau passed away. I’m sure some of the senior boardies remember him. I was recently replacing the long boxes in my collection and it has renewed my interest in comics. I love all things X-Men and Punisher. I’m also a big Garth Ennis fan. 🍻 

On 11/6/2022 at 12:33 PM, glockwookie said:

Hello! I’m sorta newish. I was a member of the boards back in the day, but I lost interest in collecting after my good friend Beau passed away. I’m sure some of the senior boardies remember him. I was recently replacing the long boxes in my collection and it has renewed my interest in comics. I love all things X-Men and Punisher. I’m also a big Garth Ennis fan. 🍻 

Good to see that the embers turned fire, and I hope they keep you warm! Glad to hear there is something that is still around, and that it has found you again :) 

Hopefully you were at least aware of the rampant speed with which everything heated up the past 2 years, that is now somewhat in cool down. Still hope these boards find you well enough, and that it turns up or at least keeps the heat on!:flamethrower::shiftyeyes::raygun:
Welcome Back :headbang: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/6/2022 at 11:33 AM, glockwookie said:

Welcome back!! :cheers:

On 10/28/2022 at 12:50 PM, gnommando said:

Hello all. I just started getting back into comics after not collecting for about a decade. I'm an artist and comics sort of taught me how to draw as a kid and got me into art school.  I collect mostly books that have artists with unique non-traditional art styles.  

I hope you have a collection that grew in value

On 11/6/2022 at 1:33 PM, glockwookie said:

Welcome back :foryou:

RIP Beau

B2D4AFCC-70C2-489E-886D-8F03BD6BB8B5.jpeg.079ef1a552d2e564affc08c6eba14816.jpeg