• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
23 23

2,917 posts in this topic

Hey, I'm Nick and am pretty excited that a forum like this exists! I am into collecting DC and Marvel first appearances, and am currently looking for a lower grade Walking Dead 1.

Hey, I'm Nick and am pretty excited that a forum like this exists! I am into collecting DC and Marvel first appearances, and am currently looking for a lower grade Walking Dead 1.

Welcome to the boards Nick. I hope you enjoy your time on the boards. Feel free to check out the NOOB Guide posted in this section of the forum. :foryou:

Hey guys my name is Cesar and I'm pretty new to the forums... Some of you might know me as the guy who got the fake hulk 181 :( but on the bright side of that happening I met some really awesome people on these fourms!! I just came across a comic lot of about 5000 books and I'm going to start putting up some silver and Bronze Age books up!!

Hello. My name is Velizar. I recently started to take comics more seriously and I wanted a place like this to improve my knowledge about comics. I like Marvel and DC and my favorite superheroes are Captain America, Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman and Green Arrow. I own few Wolverine comics (one of my fav too) like Wolverine Max and Sabretooth's Revenge. :)

Welcome to the boards. You new guys are the future of this hobby and it's nice to see guys overseas digging Marvel and DC

Can old members who haven't been on the boards in a while reintroduce themselves here?

Just wanted to say hi to everyone on the boards. It's been an interesting couple of years. Haven't added much to my comic collection, but a few books here and there. I still collect a little of everything, but I've been considering selling most of my current collection and focusing on putting together a smaller higher quality collection of books I truly love.

Right now I'm working a job I truly hate, (I went from bad to really bad in my job situation the last couple years) but I'm in school (at 46 years old) working on a computer science degree with an emphasis in web technologies. I hope to combine whatever meager graphic design skills I cultivated over the years with the web development skills I'm learning to get a job I actually might enjoy.

I hope everyone on the boards is well. I still see a lot of familiar names. I hope to be able to post on a more regular basis again, although finals are looming and I am having nightmares about my networking final.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say hi. Send me a pm if you like with any updates on board happenings over the last couple years. I'd love to hear from all my old friends.

My name is Kevin and I love comic books. :cloud9:

I've been collecting since I was six years old and loved looking at the dynamic art but it was Frank Miller's Daredevil that really turned me onto the power of great writing. I collect mainly Silver but also love key Bronze stories such as Miller and Starlin's cosmic world. I dabble in modern comics done well like Brubaker's Cap and Bendis' Daredevil.

I worked in advertising my entire career making TV commercials but recently worked with my wife to open a Charter School in the South Bronx. The South Bronx does not have a single comic book store so I introduced comic learning to our school and have donated hundreds of comics and graphic novels to the local library and other schools in the area. I had to cut down anyway but the kids love them and I get a huge kick when a kid sees a comic for the first time and their eyes light up.

I am getting a huge kick out of the boards. People here are serious about comics and movies but they can have some fun with it too.

My name is Kevin and I love comic books. :cloud9:

I've been collecting since I was six years old and loved looking at the dynamic art but it was Frank Miller's Daredevil that really turned me onto the power of great writing. I collect mainly Silver but also love key Bronze stories such as Miller and Starlin's cosmic world. I dabble in modern comics done well like Brubaker's Cap and Bendis' Daredevil.

I worked in advertising my entire career making TV commercials but recently worked with my wife to open a Charter School in the South Bronx. The South Bronx does not have a single comic book store so I introduced comic learning to our school and have donated hundreds of comics and graphic novels to the local library and other schools in the area. I had to cut down anyway but the kids love them and I get a huge kick when a kid sees a comic for the first time and their eyes light up.

I am getting a huge kick out of the boards. People here are serious about comics and movies but they can have some fun with it too.

WTTB Kevin. This is very cool. When I was in junior high school my best friend was in a remedial reading class and they used comic books as well. This was the late '70's and his (and my) favorite was Miller's Daredevil. Oh and the comics worked well enough that not only did he graduate, but he got a college degree in history. The power of comics!