• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
23 23

2,917 posts in this topic

Hi all. I'm Clif and I'm mostly into collecting Batman and Spider-Man comics. Right now I'm mostly looking for current and Bronze Age batman books

I would start with the Neal Adams run Batman books,if you haven't already.Great keys #'s 227,232,234,237,244. :headbang:

Hello, my name is Josh. I'm from the DFW area, and I have loved comics since I was little during the collecting craze of the early 1990s. My wife and I set up at smaller local comic shows to sell. Our business is called "In A Pickle Comics and Crafts". I sell comics from golden to modern age, and my wife sells custom made superhero pillows and purse accessories (she makes them herself). We try to focus on giving out great deals and affordable prices, which is probably why many other dealers shop at our booth as well. It's been a lot of fun over the years. My favorite part is the hunt to find comics to sell. I've been able to "rescue" many key books at garage sales, estate sales, flea markets, etc. Finally finding them a good home! We also focus on customer service. We enjoying being friendly with people, and always make sure they leave satisfied. One of my biggest pet peeves in the business are the grouchy comic dealers. I recently graduated with my Bachelor's, and I am looking to start a career in working with antiques/collectibles, especially comics. I've been keeping up with Heritage Auctions news, but have not seen any notices for any types of internships. Any help or advice would be appreciated greatly!

My name is Doug and I am new to comics. Well, I suppose by definition I am not new because I loved comics as a kid, however I have been out for a good long while. A friend of mine recently got me back into things and I am recreating the comics I loved as a child.

I collect early X-Men (1-150~) and Amazing Spider-Man (1-200~). I also enjoy some of the more modern books coming out of Image (Saga, Black Science, ToT, etc). I also enjoy some indie titles such as Zombie Tramp and Captain Action Cat.

I am not a big forum talker but I have always wanted to find a nice board to get to know people and get a bit more involved.

Hi, I'm Char. I originally came onto the boards looking for some advice, but in reading some of the posts have realized that I've kind of lost touch with my nerdy side...and I miss it. I don't really collect anything specific-if I like it I buy it, so I have a bunch of single issues. I tend to like the older art because (I think) a lot of the new stuff looks the same, and I'm really not big on Playboy bunnies and impossibly muscled guys for my superheroes. I collect the original art Oz books, so I am looking at collecting the Oz comics (Skottie Young, not stripper Dorothy by whomever). I like to read posts to see other people's opinions and ideas, but I probably won't be too much of a chatterbox since I'm not much of a collector. So, "Hi," to everyone.

Hi, I'm Char. I originally came onto the boards looking for some advice, but in reading some of the posts have realized that I've kind of lost touch with my nerdy side...and I miss it. I don't really collect anything specific-if I like it I buy it, so I have a bunch of single issues. I tend to like the older art because (I think) a lot of the new stuff looks the same, and I'm really not big on Playboy bunnies and impossibly muscled guys for my superheroes. I collect the original art Oz books, so I am looking at collecting the Oz comics (Skottie Young, not stripper Dorothy by whomever). I like to read posts to see other people's opinions and ideas, but I probably won't be too much of a chatterbox since I'm not much of a collector. So, "Hi," to everyone.

WTTB :hi:

Welcome to the boards Char. Feel free to chatter box away, the boards aren't just for collectors :) Everyone has an opinion on something :) Make friends and have fun