• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
23 23

2,917 posts in this topic

Heyo, I'm a 29 year old from Toronto, Canada. Been collecting for about 15 years now and its been a blast so far. I'm currently putting together a full Deadman collection starting with Mr. Neal Adams in Strange Adventures.

New to this forum so I thought it would be best to introduce myself. I'm a lifelong comic book collector who recently got back into drawing in my spare time (corporate job kinda takes up a chunk of my day).

I have a huge passion for butterfly knives (balisongs), early 1980 toys (transformers, G.I. Joe, etc...when toys use to be cool), and obviously comic books.

In respect to my comic collection, I try to stick to CGC 9.8 issues that include Amazing Spider-man, Uncanny X-Men, and other specific rare issues that capture my attention.

I look forward to learning and contributing on this forum. Thanks for having me.

- AnthonyTheAbyss

Somehow I missed this post, but I have already made 3 purchases, 2 that have gotten delivered flawlessly, so I'm a disabled Veteran how enjoys comics for reading and art value, needless to say these boards are some of the most amazing guys ever, thanks for the warm welcome to the board you guys rock and I hope to be helpful and make my slab collections grow.

Somehow I missed this post, but I have already made 3 purchases, 2 that have gotten delivered flawlessly, so I'm a disabled Veteran how enjoys comics for reading and art value, needless to say these boards are some of the most amazing guys ever, thanks for the warm welcome to the board you guys rock and I hope to be helpful and make my slab collections grow.

Thank you for your service to the Country BTW

Thank you for your service, Felix, and welcome to the boards.

Hi, everyone. I'm George, and it's a pleasure to be here. I am a member of the proverbial "My mom gave away my comics collection while I was in the Air Force" generation. So all my early SA DCs went away and I started collecting again while in the service. From the mid-60s on, I regularly bought ASM, FF, CA, DD, Sgt Fury, Superman, Action (after 1970), Flash, later on MTU, Star Trek, Rom, Foolkiller, Speedball, Starman and bits and pieces of others. I have reached the point where the books are taking up valuable storage space, so I have come here to learn the fine art of grading in the hope that I can help them find good new homes at fair pricing through the Selling forum. I appreciate any advice you care to share as I start this journey. If it's not breaking the rules, you can PM me with your want lists for the above titles and it could be a win-win. Thanks for your attention. All the best, George

Hi, everyone. I'm George, and it's a pleasure to be here. I am a member of the proverbial "My mom gave away my comics collection while I was in the Air Force" generation. So all my early SA DCs went away and I started collecting again while in the service. From the mid-60s on, I regularly bought ASM, FF, CA, DD, Sgt Fury, Superman, Action (after 1970), Flash, later on MTU, Star Trek, Rom, Foolkiller, Speedball, Starman and bits and pieces of others. I have reached the point where the books are taking up valuable storage space, so I have come here to learn the fine art of grading in the hope that I can help them find good new homes at fair pricing through the Selling forum. I appreciate any advice you care to share as I start this journey. If it's not breaking the rules, you can PM me with your want lists for the above titles and it could be a win-win. Thanks for your attention. All the best, George

Welcome to the boards, we love OO collections. Stay honest and true, you should have no trouble selling your wares here. Start slow, post often, let yourself be know, and build up that reputation.